Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kashuno posted:

I think a miller is as good a place as any to start d1 so :shrug:

And this is an extremely quick backoff. I know this is kinda Kashuno 101 but maybe scum kashuno 101?

Also distracting from Atomic Soda pretty hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

the votes are on me are garbage with no logical backing remember that d2 thanks.

Ehhhh this is really looking like scum kashuno posturing, especially with the giant "I HAVE A NK GUYS" claim.

Like why roll in with "we need to verify miller claims sooner rather than later because we don't know if they're genuine" and then claim a NK, a roleclaim which also needs to be verified sooner rather than later?? seems like an odd tact to take if you actually know your role initially.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. F! posted:

I see cheap tricks vote on kash as a low hanging fruit vote, honestly.

##vote cheap tricks souvenir

I think kash is probably town, and I think vigilante kills are probably going to be important this game.

Yeah, I know I'm assuming its a vig rather than an NK, because I don't think a scumbo would come right out and claim their teams NK on D1.

That being said I don't really like this Mr. F post after his previous post which basically called Kashuno out? Weird turn and a weird way to justify voting cheap tricks.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

So your justification is now then that you were just trying to engage Kash through further dialogue? That seems tonally distant from your original defense.

I think someone could make an actual case on Kash if they wanted. The reason I'm on you right now is that your argument feels weak. For me, that's a scum trait. Scum have to make intellectually dishonest cases, which makes them harder to justify. I don't care for the way you shifted the conversation, it feels like you're moving the goalposts in lieu of actual reasoning.

Somber coming in with a game theory argument to derail anything also gives me bad vibes, this looks like his SK play from whatever game we played in last.

Hurming all over the place!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Note Atomic Soda has completely vanished. At least one of the things I have called out is guaranteed to be scum creating a distraction for (her?).

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Quidthulhu posted:

This post setting off alarm bells, another one that is soft moving poo poo away from actual scum analysis to jumping on easy targets, all the while offering no opinion.

the opinion was that your vote was opportunistic and bad, I think that's clear, and some of your further justification now is that people are talking about other posts beyond AS, which is not a great argument

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Quidthulhu posted:

Note Atomic Soda has completely vanished. At least one of the things I have called out is guaranteed to be scum creating a distraction for (her?).

This is terrible

"At least one of the people participating in this thread after the AS discussion is scum"

bad, bad, bad

##vote quid

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Somber coming in with a game theory argument to derail anything also gives me bad vibes, this looks like his SK play from whatever game we played in last.

Hurming all over the place!!

how the gently caress is that a game theory argument

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
maybe if you read one sentence in the middle of the post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Let's all just vote Quid and get back to talking about how great purple is

##vote Quid

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Still don't like Kashuno this game he is being ~too hasty~ for me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Three great votes :rolleyes:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Quidthulhu posted:

yo i having coffee with my partner and skimming this thread. I will post within the hour but he gets annoyed when i don't pay attention to him when we out for some reason.

:sun:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

i am the bird posted:

I don't know what to make of the miller claim. Flavorchat reads to me as wrong at the moment. I don't know how we would eliminate a miller claim based solely on flavor. That said, it's a needlessly vulnerable play for Keane to make. AS's follow-up vote is odd as well, but again, at least appears as an honest consideration, for whatever that's worth

Quid's overreaction to all of this is most suspicious to me -- a stretch claim to vote for the person who has posted the most to react to, essentially

what followup vote? i've only made joke votes so far, also ##unvote

quid have you answered this question? i'm interested, given you thought my behaviour was bad enough to vote on.

Atomic Soda posted:

re: buddying and mafia dadding, i'm acknowledging a point from another player i hadn't really considered and following it up. how do you suggest i do this without 'buddying'?

still reading

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Votes on quid are dumb

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
asiinas miller flavour jives

re: the kash and grandi argument. while there is merit in pursuing and questioning asiinas claim to see if she is a scum in the grass, lynching millers because they are millers is dumb. i don't like policy lynches, and i agree that this sounds like a policy lynch. i would only consider it if there were literally no other reasonable options for a day
1 lynch.

Grandicap posted:

This is dumb. You are dumb.

All a miller is is a player that cannot be verified by a cop. So like any other player in a copless game.

This is a "policy" vote that is easy to hide behind, and it is because Kash is scum. Scum don't like having to justify their votes so they can be malleable, and a policy vote helps this.

##vote Kashuno

bird and kash, why did you think grandi was saying there is no cop? cause it doesn't read that way to me at all.

fake edit: i see that others are saying it hasn't been policy to lynch millers day 1? this confuses me - kash has played for a while, why would he try this on if he didn't personally think it to be true?

to be continued

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
my favourite colour is green

don't agree with lynching kash today at this stage

where is lil dawney

still reading

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

Can everybody who is scientist aligned please raise their hands?

:strokes beard:

cheap tricks is pinging me.

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

When you find scum, how do you do it? I have found that actively questioning people and their motivations to be a very strong tool in sniffing out the scum. Passive observation has its merits as well but it can also allow for lurkers or reserved scum to get by unnoticed. The more you get someone to talk and, even better, talk under pressure, the more likely you are to get a feel for their alignment. There are any number of reasons; now I know his and we have something to compare against as he continues to play. Why am I even explaining this to you, buddy?

i agree with everything you've said here but your post voting for kash did not ask active questions. why was that?

Let's lynch Kashuno, it seems like a good idea.

##vote Kashuno

fyi asking questions, even obvious ones isn't scummy - for idiot new players like me it helps. i also think that the response it provides from the player being questioned can be enlightening, and sometimes through up previous inconsistencies.

i don't think cheap tricks did this on his initial kash vote, but is using it as a defense for his vote late. this is what is suss to me.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
perhaps i should have just said i agree with somber

Somberbrero posted:

So your justification is now then that you were just trying to engage Kash through further dialogue? That seems tonally distant from your original defense.

I think someone could make an actual case on Kash if they wanted. The reason I'm on you right now is that your argument feels weak. For me, that's a scum trait. Scum have to make intellectually dishonest cases, which makes them harder to justify. I don't care for the way you shifted the conversation, it feels like you're moving the goalposts in lieu of actual reasoning.

i assume everyone else is in bed, drat my australian deficiencies.

also edit to my last post - 'through' = 'throw'

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Kashuno posted:

tbh CTS looks better than somber in this exchange :v:

nah. i can see why cheap tricks is pinging people.

cheap tricks didn't ask questions when he voted you, but now he's saying this was what he always intended to do?

Quidthulhu posted:

And this is an extremely quick backoff. I know this is kinda Kashuno 101 but maybe scum kashuno 101?

Also distracting from Atomic Soda pretty hard?

why is kash distracting from me, but not somber or mr. f?

Quidthulhu posted:

Ehhhh this is really looking like scum kashuno posturing, especially with the giant "I HAVE A NK GUYS" claim.

Like why roll in with "we need to verify miller claims sooner rather than later because we don't know if they're genuine" and then claim a NK, a roleclaim which also needs to be verified sooner rather than later?? seems like an odd tact to take if you actually know your role initially.

this is a good point actually - kash why didn't you just sit on it and nk asiina anyways?

not mafia dadding you quid, ew.

Quidthulhu posted:

That being said I don't really like this Mr. F post after his previous post which basically called Kashuno out? Weird turn and a weird way to justify voting cheap tricks.

perhaps there is something he is not telling us quid? personally i have good feels about mr f.

Quidthulhu posted:

i'm australian, and can't always post when everyone else is.

i'm guessing everyone is in bed! sorry for all the posts in a row, i will check back in a few hours to see if anyone around.

i hope lil d posts soon also : )

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey soda, have you ever considered voting for someone for reactions? It can sometimes be good.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yo I am awake here in God's timezone

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am awake, but will not be shortly.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
quid's drive by style posting pings me, about to head to bed though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it seems like we're all over the place. can we get some top 3 scum picks?

1. cts
2. bird
3. quid

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

1. cts
2. bird
3. quid

1. quid
2. kash
3. Keane maybe?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
keane is an interesting pick, his play has been a little different and more serious, but i didn't see it as very scummy. any reason why?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

keane is an interesting pick, his play has been a little different and more serious, but i didn't see it as very scummy. any reason why?

I just have felt his posts are a bit off. Maybe it's that he's more serious as you say, but out of the posters that are active enough for me to have reads on he pinged more than the others. Outside of Kash and quid of course, I feel stronger about those two than Keane for sure.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Hey soda, have you ever considered voting for someone for reactions? It can sometimes be good.

i often worry about casting a serious vote on day 1

##vote cheap tricks

Somberbrero posted:

cheap tricks atm

keane is also pinging me, as is bird a little.

not sure about quid haven't played with him before

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm sorry people, between work and my allergies(which I'm not entirely sure isn't a cold) I haven't really had any motivation. However, I'm off today and determined to redeem myself and I'm reading through the thread right now.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

After careful review and note taking I am going to ##vote Hal . While I was absent, Hal made a point to seem active and post every so often but without really adding much. I mean, the most commen thread through all his posts was what color he enjoyed. He threw out one vote, Quid, with no reasoning and hasn't really added anything of substance at all.

Speaking of Quid, hello friend. I hope you've gotten some good use from the decanter. However, I feel like yu're beeing a little too spread out for the Quid I remember. You used to be the day one tunnel king, and either your game play has changed drastically, or you're scum...I'm not entirely sure yet.

I believe Asiina's miller claim because the flavor behind it is either a really well done fake claim or real.

I dodn't agree that we should auto-kill all claimed millers, but I also don't think that wanting that makes Kash scum. It's a valid way, and pretty much the only way other than role cop, to test a miller. I just think it's a waste sometimes, and this is one of those times. Maybe it's because I believe her.

My favorite color is either dusty rose or sage green, depending on my mood, and I am scientist aligned so here is my hand raise o/.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Li Dawny posted:

After careful review and note taking I am going to ##vote Hal . While I was absent, Hal made a point to seem active and post every so often but without really adding much. I mean, the most commen thread through all his posts was what color he enjoyed. He threw out one vote, Quid, with no reasoning and hasn't really added anything of substance at all.

Speaking of Quid, hello friend. I hope you've gotten some good use from the decanter. However, I feel like yu're beeing a little too spread out for the Quid I remember. You used to be the day one tunnel king, and either your game play has changed drastically, or you're scum...I'm not entirely sure yet.

I believe Asiina's miller claim because the flavor behind it is either a really well done fake claim or real.

I dodn't agree that we should auto-kill all claimed millers, but I also don't think that wanting that makes Kash scum. It's a valid way, and pretty much the only way other than role cop, to test a miller. I just think it's a waste sometimes, and this is one of those times. Maybe it's because I believe her.

My favorite color is either dusty rose or sage green, depending on my mood, and I am scientist aligned so here is my hand raise o/.

What do you think of Cheap Trick Souvenirs?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

re-reading the CTS/Kash exchange, I find CTS's original line of questioning lame and it doesn't jive at all with his later justification of why he was asking role type questions. Kash's responses are dodgy at best but having played 4-5 games straight with Kash, I've never not seen him like this

Atomic Soda posted:

bird and kash, why did you think grandi was saying there is no cop? cause it doesn't read that way to me at all.

I didn't understand the hypothetical because it's a total waste of words to say that miller roles don't mean much without cops. Why bother pointing that out? It was confusing, not scummy to me, which is why I didn't vote

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Mr. F! posted:

What do you think of Cheap Trick Souvenirs?

I'm not a big fan at the moment. It seemed like he voted Kash as a joke and decided to start coming up with reasons after he was pressured over it. Something about it feels manufactured, but I'm not quite sure how to explain it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't think CTS is a good vote

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Why though kash?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Because I'm the best player in the thread?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I was asking him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Because I'm the best player in the thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

gently caress that. That's a stupid stance to take

• Locked thread