Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

If that's really why you think he's not a good vote then you're dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

There are other suspicious people, right? Do you think I'm the best person to hang right now when it's all guesswork? Not only that, but over a spat about mafia theory with Somberbrero that I feel we've had like, 5 times in the past? I'm playing on my back foot which is frankly annoying since I'd rather be able to breathe and play; I feel like I'm wasting my time holding hands instead of finding scum :/

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

There are other suspicious people, right? Do you think I'm the best person to hang right now when it's all guesswork? Not only that, but over a spat about mafia theory with Somberbrero that I feel we've had like, 5 times in the past? I'm playing on my back foot which is frankly annoying since I'd rather be able to breathe and play; I feel like I'm wasting my time holding hands instead of finding scum :/

No one asked you to hold hands and I don't think your spat with somber was scummy persay.

While I'm voting for you (because I find you scummy), I find that kash is falling back on "he's a good player" with an empty quote rather than explaining why your posts make him think you're worth keeping around is annoying.

I find kash scummy as well as you, and many other players have voiced suspicions other than you. If kash wanted you to not be lynched he could explain why one of those people would be a better choice than you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kash doesn't explain himself very often, Mags, good luck with that.

I'm dealing with a lot of snow related problems right now fellas but I'll put my teeth in the game in the coming hours, stay tuned to radio sp1r0s

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Tbqh I think CTS has been engaging and been a bit of the offensive side with the thread, which to me isn't a strong scum tactic. Scum tend to be on the back foot when accused of being scum and pointed out for their scum tactics. Instead, CTS has been aggressively pressuring people and doesn't back down from the engagements. I do not think CTS nor Somber are scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kash doesn't explain himself very often, Mags, good luck with that.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Maybe you've changed :shrug:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Kashuno posted:

Tbqh I think CTS has been engaging and been a bit of the offensive side with the thread, which to me isn't a strong scum tactic. Scum tend to be on the back foot when accused of being scum and pointed out for their scum tactics. Instead, CTS has been aggressively pressuring people and doesn't back down from the engagements. I do not think CTS nor Somber are scum.

CTS plays this way regardless of alignment

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

'aw shucks all i wanna do is play mafia and make friends but that mean ole' scumbrero keeps slapping the keyboard out of my hands :( :( :('

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the only game i remember playing with cts was dune. my argument has little to nothing to do with game theory.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somber your posts are tedious drivel please refer to The Mafia Code, subsection a, paragraph 2 wherein it states "Do not be a fuccboi lest you be fuccboi'd upon. It is upon you to carry this burden if you place it upon yourself."

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

the only game i remember playing with cts was dune. my argument has little to nothing to do with game theory.

Um. We've played lots of games together.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Um. We've played lots of games together.

Then I honestly can't remember a one.

Somber your posts are tedious drivel please refer to The Mafia Code, subsection a, paragraph 2 wherein it states "Do not be a fuccboi lest you be fuccboi'd upon. It is upon you to carry this burden if you place it upon yourself."

i'm not stopping you from playing the game. the argument that you can't properly scumhunt when you're so busy defending yourself is one of the more hilariously transparent plays i've ever seen.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Would it be transparent to you if I flipped town? What would you characterize it as then, Somber?

Also I guess you're forgetting I'm DIQNOL

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Would it be transparent to you if I flipped town? What would you characterize it as then, Somber?

Also I guess you're forgetting I'm DIQNOL

I know who you are. I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, I just honestly don't remember any games other than Dune.

If you flipped town I'd characterize you as lazy or busy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
http://votefinder.org/player/diqnol

so breach/kill. i vaguely remember that one, i checked out of the second game and lurked to win. other than that, i see secret invasion, where i think i got vigged as town really early.

what am i missing?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

El Dorado too for sure but honestly Somber I don't have time to sort through vf, just enough time to driveby phone post

We've played somewhere in the 5-10 game range together

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

El Dorado too for sure but honestly Somber I don't have time to sort through vf, just enough time to driveby phone post

We've played somewhere in the 5-10 game range together

i had 0 recollection of that game but apparently i was nk'ed night one. we had no interactions that i saw there.

is this conversation about your meta casing being fake?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Diq idgi what are you trying to do

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yeah what is the point of this memory lane meta read stuff

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i know it's the weekend but we have less than 48 hours to get something going and i would prefer to avoid a last-minute rush.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
that was a supremely embarrassing post to get probated for mags.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

that was a supremely embarrassing post to get probated for mags.

Hahaha I didn't realize your mom jokes were probatable in GBS

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

In light of the relatively low content/participation at the tail end of this game I'd rather lynch a lurker than CTS.

##unvote

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote li dawny

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

i know it's the weekend but we have less than 48 hours to get something going and i would prefer to avoid a last-minute rush.

I kinda like the last minute pushes and stress we give ourselves toward deadline. I think it's where we get our best information over all, and where the best leads come from, because scum is more stressed than town is when deadline comes up usually.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Mr. F! posted:

In light of the relatively low content/participation at the tail end of this game I'd rather lynch a lurker than CTS.

##unvote

Mr. F! posted:

##vote li dawny

This bothers me not so much because it's a vote on me, but because my posts have content. why not vote for someone who's lurking and not providing opinion or anything?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Who's a better lurker vote?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
36 hours to go and we're talking about lurker votes?

I'll admit, I mentally checked out after the last ~2 pages of the most ridiculous conversation. I think the goal today should be for people to post summaries of where their head is at going into D1 lynch.

I don't inherently reject a lurker lynch but it seems incredibly bad to suggest that right now, especially from someone who's done nothing but a lazy tunnel on CTS

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Mr. F! posted:

Who's a better lurker vote?

Like I said before, Hal has posted a small amount and none of it has been anything of substance.

You know, for someone calling me out for lack of posting you seem unwilling to read the, admittedly few, posts that I have made.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

But, again, I like waiting for the last coupe of hours to have anything set in stone. Like bird said, we have about 36 hours. I understand that some people don't like to wait until the last minute, but we still have so much time left to discuss. Also, the best conversation happens in the last two or so hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

How dare somber not know the great diqnol.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Li Dawny it is hilarious that you think your posting is somehow more insightful than mine.

Like, I am for real laughing and stuff.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Li Dawny it is hilarious that you think your posting is somehow more insightful than mine.

Like, I am for real laughing and stuff.

I didn't say that, I said they had more game related content.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i haven't really felt that hals posting is scummy

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Atomic Soda posted:

i haven't really felt that hals posting is scummy

Me neither

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012