Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So what is happening here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm really loving tired. it'll be a miracle if i'm awake for deadline.

mags wants to dunk a lurker or something. i want to lunch cts and have for a while. i dunno, there's plenty of content.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I have a little bit before I go to work and then will have a couple hours after work until the deadline, just so everyone knows.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Stuck on phone, when's the deadline?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Stuck on phone, when's the deadline?

Stop being lazy and just look.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

i am the bird (1): Somberbrero
Asiina (1): Cheap Trick souvenirs
Grandicap (1): CCKeane
CCKeane (1): Quidthulhu
Quidthulhu (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (8): Asiina, Atomic Soda, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, i am the bird, Kashuno, Li Dawny, Mr. F!

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 09th, 2017 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 4 days, 2 hours.

I can't check votefinder either, but if the deadline has not been updated, its tonight at 9 PST.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Stop being lazy and just look.

My lazy is your tryhard.

Thanks grandi and kash.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
y'all wanna talk about the game or...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sure, Kash, you are the scums. That miller policy is old and lovely and you are hiding your vote behind it. The reverse onto me required a willful misreading and stretching of my post to fit a narrative to try and put me on a back foot.

You come down on the both town lol side of the Diq Somber thing. Basically, you keep talking but everything you say is sanatized to inoffensiveness.
You are the scum and we should vote you out today.

That is all, thank you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How is "everything I say sanitized to inonffensiveness" because I don't think CTS or Somber is scum, but also "willful misreading and stretching" when it comes to you?

Are you implying my posting style changed between scenarios?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

How is "everything I say sanitized to inonffensiveness" because I don't think CTS or Somber is scum, but also "willful misreading and stretching" when it comes to you?

Are you implying my posting style changed between scenarios?

The miller vote was an easy inoffensive vote. Policy that doesn't attach blame to you if it goes poorly. The CTS\Somber opinion was inoffensive too.

My opinion is that the inoffensive stuff is a subconscious tic of being a scum, not wanting to ruffle feathers unless you mean it type of thing. Your vote on me was on purpose so it isn't inoffensive if you follow what I'm saying. It isn't that I am implying your posting style has switched or switched back or anything, but different things you are doing can have different tones.

This is a stupid "gotcha" and only cements my feelings on you kash.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Clearly the miller vote wasn't inoffensive because no one, iirc, found it to be an okay vote.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Clearly the miller vote wasn't inoffensive because no one, iirc, found it to be an okay vote.

Expecting it to be inoffensive, vs actually inoffensive are different. Laying down a policy vote is all about removing blame for the outcome of the vote. You are voting a way because it is the policy to do so, not bcause of any fault on your own part. It has to do with the scum mentality. Not wanting to be pinned down about a thing, so you can shift your opinions like the wind.
But, I'm not going to get anywhere arguing a case against you to you though. Anything else you want to talk about?

Or anyone else around for me to preach the virtues of a Kash vote? Or whatever else.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I asked before for a summary of the case on Atomic Soda but never got it. That bothers me.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

There was an AS case? I don't remember that at all.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
She has been the vote leader for days and I have yet to see a reason to do so and no one can post a case.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
so....

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I do like your kash argument but honestly I like the idea of voting kash a little less. There are too many other scummy people itt.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to a board game playtest group tonight and may not be around for deadline, just fyi. I'll be around for a few more hours.

Somberbrero posted:

I do like your kash argument but honestly I like the idea of voting kash a little less. There are too many other scummy people itt.

Because I am always scummy but not scum :)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sometimes you ARE scum though Kash, let's be fair here.

I am pretty happy with my vote on Quid, although from a personal point of view I like the guy and I'd rather he was in the game. That being said he has been kind of in the shadows for him. I'd like to see him post more so I can feel better about how scummy he is.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am in the game, I've presented case work.

I mean you yourself are saying nothing has changed since you dropped your initial vote on me, sooooo.....is there a way I am supposed to be engaging with the content you are admitting is non-existent? That seems like a pretty big contradiction on your part, Hal.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I have 4 more posts than you, Hal. Your "case" and this push are feeling suuuuuuuper fake.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Also I have 4 more posts than you, Hal. Your "case" and this push are feeling suuuuuuuper fake.

:agreed: ##vote Hal

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess I would still vote Kash. I've kinda cooled on it, but I'm not sure if that's just cause time has passed.

I dunno, Somber and Diqnols argument didn't make a lot of sense to me and I don't have a lot of other thoughts.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

I am in the game, I've presented case work.

I mean you yourself are saying nothing has changed since you dropped your initial vote on me, sooooo.....is there a way I am supposed to be engaging with the content you are admitting is non-existent? That seems like a pretty big contradiction on your part, Hal.

your casework sucked.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Somber coming in with a game theory argument to derail anything also gives me bad vibes, this looks like his SK play from whatever game we played in last.

Hurming all over the place!!

1) the quoted post was not a game theory argument
2) how am i derailing when i'm pushing my first pick candidate
3) sk hunting is wrong and bad

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ok so I'll explain my reads on everyone right quick and ya'll can do with them what you'd like.

For the record I don't know why I argued so long with Somber over that meta thing given it's not really relevant since my past experience with him doesn't enter into why I think he's scum in this game, I was just throwing it out there. I went on about it on sort of a non-game tangent because I was so shocked he didn't remember our game history.

Asiina - Claimed Miller, has been otherwise a non-entity and was mad about/didn't understand my spat with Somber. Seems to be unwilling to sink her teeth in. Bored town imo

Atomic Soda - I've never played with this person before but they have a similar Av to Dawny. I get a town vibe by the tone of her reaction to the two semi-serious votes early. I don't see Keane's stance on her when I look at it again, just don't find that scummy. Otherwise the posts definitely feel like someone just popping on now and again and vomiting thoughts rather than someone trying to dance around topics or being scared to slip up. Even the vote on me is perfectly reasonable from the idea of someone who isn't that serious about mafia getting handed a crock of poo poo from me. It's misinformed but that's exactly what her play broadcasts to me - someone who is pretty new and not all that good yet at mafia just trying to play the game.

CCKeane - I didn't get his vote on AS - it felt dressed up as a vote that was supposed to be meaningful and well reasoned and even kinda feels self conscious the way he had to overexplain himself. Further, early on he laughed at my joke. He's definitely scum.

Cheap Trick Souvenirs - The cool guy with the nice shoes and hair and hes got a pretty rad thing goin on :discourse:

I'll be doing more soon I hope but its time to play the vidya

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

OH poo poo! I didn't realize I can only make cases on people who have posted less than me... notorious low-post count master.

I guess I could vote Lumpen?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm happy with my vote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry that was a little flippant, what I meant was I am playing how I play every D1. Trying to flip a case around by saying "Hey this guy who accused me is worse than me LOOK" is straight scum garbo. It's what Li Dawny also did and I get that is is D1 and you gotta hang your hat somewhere, but the fact that Quid also isn't providing any new insight or elaborating on poo poo he has already said is scummy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i'm happy with my vote

Whoa at least let him finish his list!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry that was a little flippant, what I meant was I am playing how I play every D1. Trying to flip a case around by saying "Hey this guy who accused me is worse than me LOOK" is straight scum garbo. It's what Li Dawny also did and I get that is is D1 and you gotta hang your hat somewhere, but the fact that Quid also isn't providing any new insight or elaborating on poo poo he has already said is scummy.

Yeah, I don't see you doing this here. I see you posting a lot of non-committal or easy crap and pretending like you are doing some sort of Great Mafia Solving Casework in fact you are contributing very very little.

And you didn't respond to my point that you can't say:

-nothing has happened since I posted my case on Quidnose to sway my mind because there's been very little content since then
-also Quidnose has not done any work since he posted his casework (which was before your case on me)

Do you see the inherent contradiction there?

Instead of responding to why that's crap, you flippantly jumped on an easy snipe towards me, then apologized and continued to misrepresent me. You ignored me point completely.

Scum.

##vote Hal

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Look at somber's "your casework is crap and here is why" posts. That is a genuine response to why I am scummy. That is not at all what you did.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i don't have anything else to say about the case on me then i've already said. still not feeling hal as scummy. getting bad feelings about quid and lil dawney - they seem to be working together on hal.

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Ok so I'll explain my reads on everyone right quick and ya'll can do with them what you'd like.

For the record I don't know why I argued so long with Somber over that meta thing given it's not really relevant since my past experience with him doesn't enter into why I think he's scum in this game, I was just throwing it out there. I went on about it on sort of a non-game tangent because I was so shocked he didn't remember our game history.

Asiina - Claimed Miller, has been otherwise a non-entity and was mad about/didn't understand my spat with Somber. Seems to be unwilling to sink her teeth in. Bored town imo

Atomic Soda - I've never played with this person before but they have a similar Av to Dawny. I get a town vibe by the tone of her reaction to the two semi-serious votes early. I don't see Keane's stance on her when I look at it again, just don't find that scummy. Otherwise the posts definitely feel like someone just popping on now and again and vomiting thoughts rather than someone trying to dance around topics or being scared to slip up. Even the vote on me is perfectly reasonable from the idea of someone who isn't that serious about mafia getting handed a crock of poo poo from me. It's misinformed but that's exactly what her play broadcasts to me - someone who is pretty new and not all that good yet at mafia just trying to play the game.

CCKeane - I didn't get his vote on AS - it felt dressed up as a vote that was supposed to be meaningful and well reasoned and even kinda feels self conscious the way he had to overexplain himself. Further, early on he laughed at my joke. He's definitely scum.

Cheap Trick Souvenirs - The cool guy with the nice shoes and hair and hes got a pretty rad thing goin on :discourse:

I'll be doing more soon I hope but its time to play the vidya

lol thanks sweetie.

what is this post meant to accomplish? i summary i see asiina = town, soda = town, keane = scum

but your vote isn't on keane? why is that?

the vote on you is reasonable because that's obviously what you wanted when you 'suggested' i vote on someone, no?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, I don't see you doing this here. I see you posting a lot of non-committal or easy crap and pretending like you are doing some sort of Great Mafia Solving Casework in fact you are contributing very very little.

And you didn't respond to my point that you can't say:

-nothing has happened since I posted my case on Quidnose to sway my mind because there's been very little content since then
-also Quidnose has not done any work since he posted his casework (which was before your case on me)

Do you see the inherent contradiction there?

Instead of responding to why that's crap, you flippantly jumped on an easy snipe towards me, then apologized and continued to misrepresent me. You ignored me point completely.

Scum.

##vote Hal

Actually what I said was I still felt bad about you from my original case (as in I hadn't changed my stance upon later reflection of prior events) and I wished you would post more so I could be more sure of my read but that what was there was bad. You have since posted more that confirmed how I felt about you (i.e. your response to my post and now this) and I remain confident in my vote.

Have you played that goofy FMV game "Contradiction" Quid, I think you would really like it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would vote Cheap Trick for never coming back and doing the rest of the list.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

So what is happening here.

Deadlines and stuff, what's happening there.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
thought dump pre-deadline

Quid:

Quidthulhu posted:

Note Atomic Soda has completely vanished. At least one of the things I have called out is guaranteed to be scum creating a distraction for (her?).

I maintain that this is one of the scummiest posts in the thread because it's based around calling a handful of people scummy for talking about other poo poo besides AS's initial posts. Still feel good about my vote here but I don't think it's a possible lynch with the deadline looming.

Kash & Grandi:

Kash seems like an easy target with the miller push but I think it's a bad play, not necessarily a scum play. I think Grandi has been relatively unhelpful by tunneling Kash on a weak case. Generally a null read on both.

Asiina's miller claim seems legit and I think the "bored townie" argument plays out for why she hasn't been posting.

AS's sussing based on flavor still reads genuine (if misguided as admitted later) and has generally been making solid cases, particularly on CTS

posting more on CTS shortly, and the exchanges on the past page or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yay, I have 3 hours! List continues. I had brother time to get in but now im free

• Locked thread