Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

New year, new game, sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok PMs going out now. Some of them are formatted differently from others so I would advise against revealing more than you need to at this point.

So I shouldn't paste my role PM in the scum doc?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Confirmed. I'm The Thing, fear me, etc etc

Which thing?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The thing your wife lusts after :grin:

Twinsies!?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Or are you Bon Jovi?

I don't get that one, he's so old.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Greetings

Salutations!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

##vote Grandicap

Obviously lurking.

Well, yeah, lurking under the sheets of ice like a horror from the depths.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Grandicap hasn't posted ONCE can you even believe it?

Keane has a condition where he can only see poo poo posts, which is why he has no idea that I am playing this game.

The side effect of this is that Keane always thinks he is the top poster in every thread.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

:thejoke:

hey i did this exact same thing my first game ever. i was scum! ##vote i am the bird

But, yeah, this is a good take.

##vote i am the bird

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

##vote Keane Millers need to be tested and the sooner the better.

This is dumb. You are dumb.

All a miller is is a player that cannot be verified by a cop. So like any other player in a copless game.

This is a "policy" vote that is easy to hide behind, and it is because Kash is scum. Scum don't like having to justify their votes so they can be malleable, and a policy vote helps this.

##vote Kashuno

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I literally just got to put one post into the game and haven't read things yet because I was gone last night calm down please.

I am exceptionally calm. Perhaps it is you who are unsettled? Hmmmmmmmmm?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. F! posted:

But. . . but. . . he just alluded to having a NK

Do you know who else has a NK?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Scum, its scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I just reviewed Grandi's post, and it's quite strange that he mentions a "copless game." Do we have a reason to assume this a copless game? I read the OP a few times just now to see if I missed some mention of it but it doesn't seem like it. I think the only way a player mentions a copless game in the way grandi did, which to me came across strangely because it has no relevancy to the discussion of the importance of lynching a miller early, is if they are scum and know there is no godather. Also, as a veteran player the idea that voting out a miller early is a bad play or scum play is preposterous. A player that is a large question mark in that fashion should be eliminated early, and it was standard procedure to elim millers early for a very long time.

##vote Grandi inb4omgus
This is a willful misreading of my post.

Grandicap posted:

This is dumb. You are dumb.

All a miller is is a player that cannot be verified by a cop. So like any other player in a copless game.

This is a "policy" vote that is easy to hide behind, and it is because Kash is scum. Scum don't like having to justify their votes so they can be malleable, and a policy vote helps this.

##vote Kashuno

I don't say this is a copless game, I say a miller just means you can't be verified by a cop. Just like every player in a copless game. Not that this is a copless game. A miller is a balance to the cop role. Just like a godfather is a balance to the cop role.

Kash is scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Oh I forgot to mention that I have A VERY POWERFUL ROLE. Thank you and god bless.

I also have a very powerful Roll. It is sourdough.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cheap Trick is Diqnol, right?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I'm Diqnol.

I'm glad you read my first post of the game Keane. Sorry I've been lurking.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am awake, but will not be shortly.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

H
E
L
L
O

Is it me you're looking for?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

i am the bird (1): Somberbrero
Asiina (1): Cheap Trick souvenirs
Grandicap (1): CCKeane
CCKeane (1): Quidthulhu
Quidthulhu (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (8): Asiina, Atomic Soda, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, i am the bird, Kashuno, Li Dawny, Mr. F!

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 09th, 2017 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 4 days, 2 hours.

I can't check votefinder either, but if the deadline has not been updated, its tonight at 9 PST.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sure, Kash, you are the scums. That miller policy is old and lovely and you are hiding your vote behind it. The reverse onto me required a willful misreading and stretching of my post to fit a narrative to try and put me on a back foot.

You come down on the both town lol side of the Diq Somber thing. Basically, you keep talking but everything you say is sanatized to inoffensiveness.
You are the scum and we should vote you out today.

That is all, thank you.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

How is "everything I say sanitized to inonffensiveness" because I don't think CTS or Somber is scum, but also "willful misreading and stretching" when it comes to you?

Are you implying my posting style changed between scenarios?

The miller vote was an easy inoffensive vote. Policy that doesn't attach blame to you if it goes poorly. The CTS\Somber opinion was inoffensive too.

My opinion is that the inoffensive stuff is a subconscious tic of being a scum, not wanting to ruffle feathers unless you mean it type of thing. Your vote on me was on purpose so it isn't inoffensive if you follow what I'm saying. It isn't that I am implying your posting style has switched or switched back or anything, but different things you are doing can have different tones.

This is a stupid "gotcha" and only cements my feelings on you kash.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Clearly the miller vote wasn't inoffensive because no one, iirc, found it to be an okay vote.

Expecting it to be inoffensive, vs actually inoffensive are different. Laying down a policy vote is all about removing blame for the outcome of the vote. You are voting a way because it is the policy to do so, not bcause of any fault on your own part. It has to do with the scum mentality. Not wanting to be pinned down about a thing, so you can shift your opinions like the wind.
But, I'm not going to get anywhere arguing a case against you to you though. Anything else you want to talk about?

Or anyone else around for me to preach the virtues of a Kash vote? Or whatever else.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

There was an AS case? I don't remember that at all.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The joke was Keane kept saying I was lurking and that I hadn't been posting. This was inaccurate. Then he acknowledges a post I made, so I say sorry for lurking, and reading my first post (the one he just read). Then Keane said that he wasn't reading my posts he just happened to comment. It was a joke thing. See, this:

CCKeane posted:

##vote Grandicap

Obviously lurking.

CCKeane posted:

Grandicap hasn't posted ONCE can you even believe it?

Grandicap posted:

Keane has a condition where he can only see poo poo posts, which is why he has no idea that I am playing this game.

The side effect of this is that Keane always thinks he is the top poster in every thread.

CCKeane posted:

That's one more posts than Grandicap, that shameless lurker smh smh.

Grandicap posted:

Cheap Trick is Diqnol, right?

CCKeane posted:

I'm Diqnol.

Grandicap posted:

I'm glad you read my first post of the game Keane. Sorry I've been lurking.

CCKeane posted:

I just want to be perfectly clear here, I just say I'm Diqnol for no reason sometimes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I usually don't like list posts.

I like Diqs list post.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am having trouble keeping my eyes open. Is there a consensus candidate and why isn't it Kash?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm going to 3rd vote someone so I can go to bed. Give me a good reason to vote Somber, Quid, Diqnol or Hal and I'll probably do it.

Not Diqnol though, I think he's town, unless its a really good reason. But the other 3.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yeah, but somber got me a hella awesome secret santa present.
Rereading him now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

'aw shucks all i wanna do is play mafia and make friends but that mean ole' scumbrero keeps slapping the keyboard out of my hands :( :( :('

Best post of the game right here.

But seriously, I reread somber, and have been on both sides of the Diq Somber argument. I lean town on Diq, and neutral on Somber.

Reading Quid now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yeah, ok happy with a quid vote. I do like that early on he agreed with me on kash being scum. But not enough to think he is town.

##vote Quidthulu

Goodnight thread.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

is the game open or what?

Retro Futurist posted:

Standard Rules:
Majority kills, not plurality, which could allow for a no-kill day
-No quoting mod PMs.
-No fake day actions
-Days will be 2-4 days IRL
-Nights should be no more than 24 hours
-Try not to post after the hammer. I work 12 hour days with no forums access at work, so if you gun crazy kids kill someone while I'm out, it may be a few hours before I can close the thread. Try and respect that. Nights will be open but wait for me to close the day
-In the event of a day kill, feel free to continue posting, unless you are the one who got killed.
-To format your vote please type "##vote targetname" in bold ( [ b ] to bold, without the spaces, [ /b ] to close tags). ##unvote if you wish to remove your vote from someone but not put it on someone else yet.
-If you lurk there will be consequences.
-Have fun, it's a game.
-Nights are open

According to OP (opop) nights are op(en).
opopopopopooppopopopopopop

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

According to OP (opop) nights are op(en).
opopopopopooppopopopopopop

drat, I should have worded it thusly:

Nights are, according to OP(Opop), Op(en).

To get the OpOpOpOp, Pretend I did that, it is cooler.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I am Scientist aligned and yes I can kill every night.

This is fishy. I am not ok with this claim. 2 kills last night. 12 player game doesn't really have room for a town nightly killer, a scum kill and a night vig.
2 kills last night, 1 kill hits town, 1 hits scum. I'm pretty sure there isn't a 3rd kill that didn't hit, that would be hella dumb.
12 players
D1 - lynch victim
N1 - 3 kills (sci killer, scum kill, mason kill)
8 Players(if 3 scum, this would be LYLO)

That is a dumb setup. Kash is the scum kill, masonry had a joint vig. That makes this a not stupid game.

##vote Kash

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yes, it would be a very ballsy claim, but I prefer to believe that over a game that could be over D2.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, I already think you are scum, so that helps too.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Someone said they visited you successfully. Doesn't that mean I failed?

Depends on the type of jailer. Some remove you from the game for the night, like a targeted hide mechanic. Some function as just a doc+roleblock.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ha! I knew kash was the scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

FYI I'm gonna be out of town from Friday night to Sunday night. I should still have limited access, but don't expect a posting storm from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

how many scums are in this game?

At least 1 more?

• Locked thread