Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Bad Rats: The Rats' Revenge

crabrock posted:

in give me game
System Shock 2

sebmojo posted:

Game me up
Tetris

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Okay yeah in, give me a good game (gg as they say)
Overwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
:siren: Word bounty :siren:

It's my birthday. You have ~24 hours to write me a nice birthday card for extra words. No mean stuff!!!!!

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

sebmojo posted:

i wonder what your videogame is going to b

hardmode tetris if she had the guts

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
:siren:word bounty over:siren: thanks for the kind words, im older now, practically dead & waiting for your stories to give me that final push (into the grave)

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Happy birthday jerk
Your writings ok, I guess
Cheers to you, that's all
where are the noir crits rhino +110

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Happy birthday to you
Your writing is a jewel
You're king of the dome now
So don't be a Scrooge
oh yeah but what if i am +120

Aesclepia posted:

Happy birthday, Entenzahn!
Among these bloody sands
You stand above the rest
For now. Judge well and fast
As we know you will, your
Polished sword separating
Meat from gristle and strong
From weak. You lead our group
Of unherdable cats with
Promises of video game prizes.
Well done! I don't know where
I'm going with this but
I hope your day is full of
Joy or at least not-bad things.
In conclusion, happy birthday
To you, you delightful goon.
nice but the only prize here is my foot up your rear end if you write about video games +250

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Dear Entenzahn
It's me Tyrannosaurus
You seem like an alright guy
Happy birthday
I hope that it is fun
I hope that there is cake
I like cake
I eat it on my birthday
My favorite is Red Velvet
What is your favorite
Anyway gotta go
From me, Tyrannosaurus
Malakoff-Torte!!!! +210 sry i just get really excited about cake

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Happy birthday Entenzahn!
May your presents be like
new eggs at the hatchery
May the day's joy pierce you like
the warm needles of a hydralisk
May you be surprised like
marines stumbling on lurkers
May your friends be
as numerous as the swarm
May the celebrations be like
the victory screen when you crush your enemies
is this your way of letting me know that you would have rather written about starcraft +165

Thranguy posted:

E is for Elder
- The age or the wood.
N is for Nature
- The kind that is good.
T is for Tender
- Merciful, kind.
E is for Effort
- And keeping in mind.
N is for Nachos
- With flavorful cheese.
Z is for Zebras
- That go where they please.
A is for Annum
- Another one past.
H is for hours
- And making them last.
N is for numbers
- To measure our fun.
Ent, it's your birthday
- Have a happy one!
I LOVE NACHOS +250

BabyRyoga posted:

on your day of birth
the blood of your vanquished foes
would make a great wine
he he just wait for the crits +125

Jay W. Friks posted:

This is the annual analysis of your birth. Entenzahn, you take a look in the mirror and ask yourself-
Cake or Pie?

This is the day where a number is your itinerary. Entenzahn, if you're over 21, scream "It's my Birthday!" at your local bar and 50/50 someone will buy you a drink. (my gift of advice to you)

On this day the Ent-Entered-Zahn and now whaddya got? Entenzahn, have a Happy Birthday because they get shittier as they get older.
my life only gets better as i get older as is evidenced by this thread +150

Freakie posted:

Today you're a year older
And what great timing

Rewarding the ones bolder
To try more writing

Although it's still not Yuletide
Cheers are upon the Dome

Today you're the poster child
King both here and at home
i like that it rhymes, and the happy ending +175

flerp posted:

happy birthday ent

you dont suck that much
dont lie to me peasant +99

sebmojo posted:

roses are red
violets are blue
it's your birthday
lol
lol +101

+5000 oh poo poo ur not actually in welp

big scary monsters posted:

Good writing is rare as duck's teeth
Happy birthdays common as muck
But I'll wish you the latter, Entenzahn
Finding the other here, well, good luck.
nice diss, this guy gets it +200

yes i know some of these were haikus

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Fumblemouse posted:

I wasn't going to enter, but if Friks is leaving, it should be safe. Also, I have previously played games of the kind that you find on computing machines so I expect that will give me an overwhelming advantage.

Fine, then you do Space Station 13

Dr. Kloctopussy posted:

blah blah blah
Two simple letters could change your life forever

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Hatoful Boyfriend

Dr. Kloctopussy posted:

RIP SEBMOJO is way more than 2 letters
Noice

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
:siren: signups are closed :siren:

friendly reminder that playing video games does not count as research

Entenzahn fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 16, 2017

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
8 hours to go – you guys are really polishing those jewels up to the last minute eh :ironicat:

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
On that note if you ever wanted to judge a week with like five entries this is shaping up to be your chance

make your dreams come true

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
you can still lose if you submit late so dont worry about it

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Submissions are closed

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

sebmojo posted:

interprompt: shot down, in a blaze of glory

:siren: Thunderdome CCLXXX Judgement – Game Over lol and other video game jokes in the title :siren:

Hi.

I've never said this before about a week of Thunderdome: good job, you didn't suck. No really, I enjoyed judging this. Thanks. Maybe I'm getting old and soft but it's almost like multiple years of practicing how to crank out flash fiction stories from 9 to 10 PM Sunday paid off.

First, let's look at the Hard Mode challenges:
Siddhartha Glutamate narrowly defeats Freakie by judge fiat. The other judges thought a story about violin playing cows was a bit silly, and yeah it was, but I absolutely loved the dynamic between father and son as it was portrayed here. It gave me the feels, and that's something I've been missing in Freakie's entry. That said, Freakie, dude, this was a solid story and I've been hearing some good things from the other judges about how you applied criticism from last week to visibly improve yourself. You weren't the one who entered the hard mode challenge and your story was by no means bad, so you're obviously not eating a DM for this. Keep going, you're doing fine.

We argued about the Tetris fight more than we did about winners, because for their respective strengths and weaknesses these stories were equal. But draws are for pussies so sebmojo wins a cowardly win with a very sebmojo story that was fun to read while it lasted and turned out to be much cleverer than we'd known for the better part of actually reading it. Dr. Kloctopussy, your story was original and ambitious but in the end it felt like you overreached and couldn't keep up with your own ideas, good as they were. god have mercy on my soul what have i done

On to the results proper:
First of all, congratulations to The Saddest Rhino, who sits his rear end back down with an honorable disqualification for writing about one of the rats from Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge discovering that they are in the video game Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge. I'm calling it an honorable disqualification not because it's an honorable mention along with a disqualification, but because the fanfic you wrote wasn't complete utter poo poo so you're just getting disqualified instead of tarred, feathered and banned from ever touching a keyboard again.

The sole dishonorable mention goes to BabyRyoga for writing about pokemon, but the pokemon are live animals who eat children, but it's not actually about the live animal pokemon who eat children, but about the minds behind the live animal pokemon who eat children, and their mission to.........??????????

The pokemon story would have lost but then Fuubi came along with a story thing. I don't-- I don't know. I DON'T KNOW

This was a good week so there's a bunch of honorable mentions:
Thranguy – I love how this totally incorporates a bunch of Max Payne poo poo right down to the bullet time and the original Max Payne Vibe™ without coming off as a cheap Max Payne knockoff. It could be right at home in the universe, but it's totally its own thing.
Fumblemouse – Your story got stale at the middle part but until then I pissed myself with laughter so thanks for bringing some good comedy into this lovely writing thread. Honk.
Sebmojo – you win the party
Dr. Kloctopussy – I know you're supposed to DM but I'm still the boss of this stupid writing contest and your use of the prompt was so loving genius that it still puts a faint smile on my face. What can I say, zero backbone, who judges the judgemen etc
Obliterati – Your story was such, such a strong win contender. I loved it to bits, and there was a lot of arguing about this, not because it was so divisive but because it was pretty much on par with the winner. In the end, two things went against you: we all were a bit confused by your ending, and the incorporation of your video game was not quite as well realized as the winner had done it. But well loving done. This is cocaine in writing form and I legit want to see more of this kind of poo poo from you.

The winner is Kaishai. Kai, I was personally torn between your piece and Obliterati's, but the other judges ended up preferring you. There's some nitpicks here, but that's for crittin'. Right now I'll just say this: your piece was absolutely beautiful, heartfelt, original and a great use of the prompt. Well loving done and godspeed, you gentle soul.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
gently caress thunderdome

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
thunderdome 2018teen: gently caress thunderdome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012