Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That sound good, maybe ill watch It.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

DoctorGonzo posted:

What is Wrestle Kingdom?
Wrestlemania but with very conservative booking

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Wrestlemania but with very conservative booking

Wrestlemania with very conservative booking is Wrestlemania

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Blaise330 posted:

I wish there was a way to have Braun win the rumble and also not main event Wrestlemania. I'd be oddly satisfied with that.

The thing about the Rumble is if they booked it right you could get this sensation without him actually even having to win. The Pat Patterson-booked Rumbles were micromanaged in a way that was really loving smart, and would get multiple guys over without them necessarily getting the W. Everybody would have a reason to be there and do what they do, and a good third of them would get their poo poo in and have the chance to establish themselves as a serious concern for the other competitors, and sometimes the circumstances of their loss would be exceptional or ignite or continue a feud.

It's not easy to weave those threads together, and WWE has been dropping the ball pretty consistently, but last year was a step in the right direction. I think it's clear they at least want Braun to be an imposing figure, which they started at last year, with him eliminating Kane and Big Show and the Wyatts all taking on Brock. Here's hoping.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Noam Dar is consistently the best part of RAW every week and no one talks about him. His Alicia Fox angle is my favorite thing right now.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 3, 2017

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

These 3 minute cruiserweight matches are very good and not at all a huge waste of time and talent

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uBhtn5uMYQ

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I hate this attitude so much because as fans why would I ever give a gently caress about revenue and tv contracts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It wouldn't be so bad if the company wasn't run by an old retarded man

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The_Rob posted:

I hate this attitude so much because as fans why would I ever give a gently caress about revenue and tv contracts.

I Dont. Raw is a garbage show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if the company wasn't run by an old retarded man

JBL talking about the cruiserweights on raw as if they book them correctly made me laugh.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Holy poo poo they actually hate their fans. This is incredible.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

"As a fan and consumer of the product, no one cares about your opinions because of money" is not really a statement that should ever be expressed by a company. Like, we all knew it already, but holy poo poo.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

this fuckin' company, man

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

It's really insane for a company to go oh our fans don't like this thing we do well have you assholes ever thought about the money we get? I mean I understand that all companies do this but to be so blatant about it is why I love wwe.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Its beautiful, oh my god

When you are sitting through a Titus O'Neal promo you can comfort yourself imagining how much money Vince is making on the TV Contract

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
So is Bring It To The Table like a WWE equivalent of a press secretary?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

WrasslorMonkey posted:

and they uploaded it to their own youtube account :kiss:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The Landstander posted:

if by press secretary you are using josh lymon's brief stint as one from the West Wing as a reference point, yes

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
They chose Rosenberg because he is a gigantic pussy.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

These 3 minute cruiserweight matches are very good and not at all a huge waste of time and talent

Surely they will use Tozawa correctly and not waste the second best wrestler on their roster spinning his wheels in 3-minute nothing matches.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

Surely they will use Tozawa correctly and not waste the second best wrestler on their roster spinning his wheels in 3-minute nothing matches.

Despite their entire history, surely this time WWE will properly utilize the small Japanese man.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Divas title has aged well:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Hahaha on the other hand I loved it. Paul Heyman heeling it up is loving awesome.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Its amazing, after getting ample time for "The Company," articulate their position in response to a common fan question, they then turned the INTERVIEWER into a Straw Man for the fans so they could beat him up rather than allow themselves to be pressed or countered in their position.

The hit him with an ad homenim attack on his credibility and very right to make a complaint to them out of them gate. Then they made him articulate, intentionally poorly, the fan argument under duress and with a tiny fraction of the time they got. Then they had him sheepishly and cravenly concede the wisdom of their position. Then they FORBADE him to make any arguments rather than trying to respond to what little argument he did make in favor of demanding a yes or no opinion answer to a loaded question. And finally they dismissed his opinion as stupid AND irrelevant.

Is this some kind of brilliant performance art? Is this a transcript of Vince's revenge diary? Could you imagine something like that happening on the Sportscenter they're so blatantly and pathetically aping with this? I am actually, legitimately offended.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Roman Reigns, after unifying all the championships at wrestlemania, will announce a 4th hour for raw that consists of he and Cena reading the company's quarterly earnings

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

The_Rob posted:

They chose Rosenberg because he is a gigantic pussy.

Should've gone with Stat Guy Greg.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Roman Reigns, after unifying all the championships at wrestlemania, will announce a 4th hour for raw that consists of he and Cena reading the company's quarterly earnings

There will also be a live feed of Vince jacking off backstage.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The Landstander posted:

It's even better because it doesn't actually engage with the Comic Book Guys, it just mocks them.

This company has the relationship to its fans that most entertainment companies ought to have. Fandom being the driving force behind product development has created an awful pop culture over these past years.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is the show good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This is so loving bad holy poo poo.

"This decision is actively detrimental to our product to the point that we're bleeding viewers as fans tune out from a terrible overlong show that spins its wheels doing nothing, but have you considered that it makes us, a massive corporation, lots of money? loving idiots."

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and they uploaded it to their own youtube account :kiss:

After the Punk thing years ago nothing really surprises me anymore.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Cavauro posted:

Is the show good.
It's as good as their talking head shows tend to be. Uneven. Good when it's good, lame when it's lame.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's as good as their talking head shows tend to be. Uneven. Good when it's good, lame when it's lame.

Put Daniel Bryan on this show and watch everything explode.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Its gonna be a bummer when Disney owns WWE and constantly gives in to the fan's demands and tries to sound all progressive

Theres something kind of nice about a company brazenly displaying its disdain for its consumers. Its honest and I respect it.

Honestly we need to start viewing Raw as the greatest / longest running ultra-right wing fascist work of performance art of all time. Vince is an auteur

SpiritOfSanDimas fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 3, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Its gonna be a bummer when Disney owns WWE and constantly gives in to the fan's demands and tries to sound all progressive

Theres something kind of nice about a company brazenly displaying its disdain for its consumers. Its honest and I respect it.

Yeah like I was saying it's infuriating and pisses me off as a fan, but at least they don't pretend to want anything but our money.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Make Smackdown 5 hours and make Raw Smackdown instead.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

After the Punk thing years ago nothing really surprises me anymore.

It's pretty loving WWE.txt to be honest

I mean, think about the layers here. We got

Them subtly saying for three hours that they hate you for not liking what they want you to like and complaining about being hated for it
Following it up with another half hour (viewable on a service you pay $10 for) outright saying that they hate you for not liking what they want you to like and complaining about being hated for it
Excusing it in ways fans can't really ever sympathize with
Making the most hated subject portion of their debate (3 hour Raws) viewable for free on Youtube so you can even express this message to people you aren't getting $10 from
The still image of the video before you press play being all panelists smiling and one of them outright laughing

It may be the lack of sleep I've had talking but this is one of the most beautiful baffling things I've ever seen, and I'm almost glad the Trump victory has made them just completely not give a gently caress about trying to hide even one thought they have anymore. We're one step away from them making the "gently caress You, We Got Your Money" R-Truth edit gif their actual closing bumper for their programming and just taking the fines for the two times a week it'd pop up on actual TV

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

You should sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

It's pretty loving WWE.txt to be honest

I mean, think about the layers here. We got

Them subtly saying for three hours that they hate you for not liking what they want you to like and complaining about being hated for it
Following it up with another half hour (viewable on a service you pay $10 for) outright saying that they hate you for not liking what they want you to like and complaining about being hated for it
Excusing it in ways fans can't really ever sympathize with
Making the most hated subject portion of their debate (3 hour Raws) viewable for free on Youtube so you can even express this message to people you aren't getting $10 from
The still image of the video before you press play being all panelists smiling and one of them outright laughing

It may be the lack of sleep I've had talking but this is one of the most beautiful baffling things I've ever seen, and I'm almost glad the Trump victory has made them just completely not give a gently caress about trying to hide even one thought they have anymore. We're one step away from them making the "gently caress You, We Got Your Money" R-Truth edit gif their actual closing bumper for their programming and just taking the fines for the two times a week it'd pop up on actual TV

would there even be a fine since they're on cable?

• Locked thread