Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Oh wow some how you did the prostrat by chance.

Savescumming, save/sleep in front of the shop, and reset when you lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

thetoughestbean posted:

So, I've been playing the new Digimon World game, and I'm moderately convinced that one of the characters is actually the main character from this game, but older.

That or they have a character that dresses literally the same way as the protagonist of this game.

Also, the new Digimon World doesn't kill your digimon for three losses so that's nice

I have seen art of the character you're talking about and I am inclined to agree that he is the protagonist from the first game. At the very least his design is an intentional callback to DW1, because no way that was a coincidence.

PhazonLink posted:

Oh wow some how you did the prostrat by chance.

Savescumming, save/sleep in front of the shop, and reset when you lose.

Yeah, I don't wanna spoil the next episode but... save scumming is almost required to get past this part.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ceraph posted:

I have seen art of the character you're talking about and I am inclined to agree that he is the protagonist from the first game. At the very least his design is an intentional callback to DW1, because no way that was a coincidence.

Given that one of the only things I know about Next Order is that it has a remix of the final boss theme from this game in it, I'd say they're going all in on the references.

By the way, is Next Order any good? Re:Digitize disappointed me somewhat.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Given that one of the only things I know about Next Order is that it has a remix of the final boss theme from this game in it, I'd say they're going all in on the references.

By the way, is Next Order any good? Re:Digitize disappointed me somewhat.

I got a chance to sit down and play Next Order for a while today and I have to say I am enjoying it quite a bit. It really does feel like somebody was like "what if we just make the First Digimon World, but then also made it a good game". There is actually a lot of remixed music from DW1 in this; the town theme, night time theme, and battle themes are all remixes so far. The focus on training / raising your Digimon is back, as is the mechanic of exploring the world and recruiting Digimon back to town. There is also a really handy in game flow chart for digivolutions and in-game mechanics for finding out how to go down each path. Also having two partners means filling out the data twice as fast.

There's a lot of improvements / additions and I could go on, but I will say that if you enjoyed DW1, you will probably enjoy Next Order.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Episode 8.5 (Super Bonus 01) - I Hate Weedmon

This mini game kicked our butts something fierce. I was hoping to avoid the level of save scumming that happened, but in the interest of keeping things moving it had to be done. We finally recruit Monochromon to town, who replaces the item stand with a full blown item shop! In addition to the portable potties that Alden has been lusting over, he also sells various stat chips that provide a permanent boost to your Digimon! Also super nice if you use the infinite money exploit.

Also since we spent so long doing this stupid mini game, I'm putting this episode up along side the actual episode 09. I'll make a post with it shortly.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Episode 09 - New Beginnings

Alright, we're back on track and ready to take on the Digital World... oh, wait never mind. Centarumon went out of this world the same way he came into it: exploding into a dozen tiny fragments. This is our first time dealing with the death of our partner Digimon. There are actually two different forms of death: dying of natural causes (fading away) and dying from losing 3 battles. If you die from battle then you start back at square 1. Your Digimon inherits nothing from its previous state and everything is reset back to default. If your Digimon dies of natural causes then all of the moves you have learned and a portion of your stats carry over to the baby Digimon. I believe you get 1% of the stat per trainer level you have (a stat which has a lot of hidden influence on the game) up to a max of 10% at level 10. You also get to pick from one of four possible eggs. The baby you get will always digivolve into the same in-training Digimon, but from there it can branch to other rookies and beyond. We decided to shoot for Agumon so we could take advantage of all the fire type moves we've learned.

In addition to this rather momentous occasion, we also recruit Veggiemon! Veggiemon is super helpful, as he gives you sirlions instead of giant meat. You can also buy Super Carrots and Hawk Radishes. These two items are rather special, in that they will increase the stats you gain from training until you eat another food. Super carrot will boost your offense, MP and brains, while the Hawk radish will boost HP, speed, and defense. Super Carrot also lowers your weight by 2, and hawk radish increases it by 3.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ceraph posted:

In addition to the portable potties that Alden has been lusting over, he also sells various stat chips that provide a permanent boost to your Digimon!

I think you're confusing those for the temporary in-battle stat boost disks. The stat chips can't be (directly) bought with money.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ceraph posted:

I got a chance to sit down and play Next Order for a while today and I have to say I am enjoying it quite a bit. It really does feel like somebody was like "what if we just make the First Digimon World, but then also made it a good game". There is actually a lot of remixed music from DW1 in this; the town theme, night time theme, and battle themes are all remixes so far. The focus on training / raising your Digimon is back, as is the mechanic of exploring the world and recruiting Digimon back to town. There is also a really handy in game flow chart for digivolutions and in-game mechanics for finding out how to go down each path. Also having two partners means filling out the data twice as fast.

There's a lot of improvements / additions and I could go on, but I will say that if you enjoyed DW1, you will probably enjoy Next Order.

Okay so I got the game and I mostly agree with you, but for one teeny tiny fatal flaw.

Digivolutions are apparently totally random and independent of actual digivolution requirements.

As in, you can meet 6/6 requirements for the digimon you want and you'll instead turn into the 3/5 requirement thing you didn't want. Or you'll have 2/4 for 3 different Rookies and end up as the one you have 0/4 for.

That alone is preventing me from actually enjoying the game, because seriously why would I want to have a Goburimon or the dumb lego Agumon as a partner? Yes they've massively expanded the available roster, but mostly by bloating it with rubbish. I really doubt anyone would want a Fugamon. Less control is less fun, IMO, especially for a virtual pet game.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 4, 2017

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Okay so I got the game and I mostly agree with you, but for one teeny tiny fatal flaw.

Digivolutions are apparently totally random and independent of actual digivolution requirements.

As in, you can meet 6/6 requirements for the digimon you want and you'll instead turn into the 3/5 requirement thing you didn't want. Or you'll have 2/4 for 3 different Rookies and end up as the one you have 0/4 for.

That alone is preventing me from actually enjoying the game, because seriously why would I want to have a Goburimon or the dumb lego Agumon as a partner? Yes they've massively expanded the available roster, but mostly by bloating it with rubbish. I really doubt anyone would want a Fugamon. Less control is less fun, IMO, especially for a virtual pet game.

That's really strange, I've never had a problem getting the digivolution I was going for once I met all the stat requirements. I even had an instance last night where I saved right after my Digimon reverted back to an egg. I was going for Patamon, but I ended up with Tsukaimon because I trained the wrong stat from baby -> in-training. I loaded the save, and sure enough when I met Patamon's requirements I got him instead. I have found that early game it can seem random because you don't have all the information for all the digivolution chains available. From what I've heard the game prioritizes the "harder" evolution, that being the one with the highest stat requirements (not necessarily the most KP).

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Episode 10 - Souvlakimon

We try to do something a little sneaky and take care of some recruitment stuff in the Great Canyon Top Area, but really we should not be taking a rookie Digimon that far away from the city. Instead we're just going to hang out in the gym and get back to the champion level before venturing out again. Sorry for the lack of progress, but I promise we'll get back into it in the next episode.

xelada
Dec 21, 2012
I think you might now be locked out of some content
If I remember correctly there are only two ways to get to that lower canyon area, fall there from the rocks that falls off, which you can only do once; and the elevator, which you need to remove a stone from the door of, which requires you do that after you fall down, being defeated or autopiloting away before doing so means you can never go back.
It's not even all that minor, it locks you out of the second Ogremon fight and all the content that chain allows.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

xelada posted:

I think you might now be locked out of some content
If I remember correctly there are only two ways to get to that lower canyon area, fall there from the rocks that falls off, which you can only do once; and the elevator, which you need to remove a stone from the door of, which requires you do that after you fall down, being defeated or autopiloting away before doing so means you can never go back.
It's not even all that minor, it locks you out of the second Ogremon fight and all the content that chain allows.

I sincerely hope you're wrong. I think we may have found a way around it but I'm not 100% sure. If we did lock ourselves out we'll have to figure something out. I have some backups of the save file, but it might be pretty far back.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Dig-eye-mon World is a good* game that doesnt break**. - alt fact.

The only gamebreaking glitch I know about is the one that you guys have been trying avoid,the boss battles that trigger when you exit what-his-namemon's house. Hope you guys didnt get screwed.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I really do wish the anime took a little more from this game. The different areas are really neat. And while I'm not bashing the anime, because it's always been one of my favourites, an area where time moves differently could have been a good arc. Aside from the overall idea that the digital world just goes slower in general from the real world.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Episode 11 - That's Not Trash

Alright, guys, it's time to get some stuff done! We go on a recruiting spree following the acquisition of our shiny new Centarumon. But first thing's first, we need to expand our inventory! If you head back to where you fought Meteormon in the Ancient Speedy Region you will encounter Nanimon for the first time. You don't get to recruit him, but he does drop the Dimensional Keychain, which expands your inventory to 20 slots!

Next it's time to hit up the Mt. Panorama region, with a lot of Digimon to recruit! First up is Unimon, who you can recruit by giving him a recovery disk. He will work at the item shop and expand their selection. A little further in, we move on to the Gear Savanna and encounter Patamon who also joins the item shop. Nearby is Elecmon, who provides electricity for File City! As far as I know there's no real functional upgrade from it, but it does get a nice visual upgrade.

Further on in Gear Savanna we find the... illustrious Trash Mountain. Inside you can find a colony of Sukamon who have made a giant trash pile their home, but they like it so who am I to judge. Not only can you find the old fishing rod here, but there is a Sukamon you can recruit. Unlike most Digimon he doesn't relocate to File City permanently, but he will stop by from time to time and clean up any poop that's laying on the ground. You can also use the training facilities at Trash Mountain which, while completely disgusting, do provide a much better stat gain over what we have in File City right now.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Even after recruiting Sukamon, it's not a bad idea to try getting a Numemon if only to clean up the shame turd from the gym as it is also needed for a sidequest later on.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Episode 12 - Fishing

We do some science and figure out that Alden has apparently been wrong about that porta potty glitch he's been talking about. Not entirely sure where it came from, but our Digimon definitely loses weight as soon as we use it. They're still useful to have around. At this point with getting sirlions every day, it's not super difficult to hit the weight requirements for evolutions anymore.

We recruit Bakemon to the city! If your partner is also a Bakemon it can translate what he's saying. If he's not just answer "yes, yes, no" to recruit him. He doesn't seem to do anything in town other than hang out around the item shop.

Also as the title suggests, we show off the fishing mini game with that old fishing rod we picked up at Trash Mountain. I'm never a huge fan of fishing mini games, but I think the added mechanic of having to manage the line tension is a little much. It can be surprisingly difficult to reel in a fish without the line breaking or it getting away. It's worthwhile to note that the DigiSeabass I was talking about also increases your Digimon's lifespan by 3 hours, so it's not a huge increase but I suppose if you get really good at it you could average over 1 DigiSeabass every 3 hours.

Fishing is also required to find Seadramon and unlock some other parts of the island, but we'll tackle that later.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Episode 13 - Design Talk

By upgrading the item shop we unlocked the ability to use the card machine, which will give you a card for a random Digimon for 100 bits. The vast majority of cards you get will be almost completely worthless, but it is unfortunately important. Later in the game, we will encounter Shogungekomon who will give you merit points for giving him cards and the points you get are based on the rarity of the card you give him (between 100 and 1 points per card). We need to save up 300 points to get a better fishing rod so we can encounter Seadramon. It's not exactly a requirement, but if you try to catch Seadramon with the old rod it's gonna be pretty miserable.

We're also starting to experience the pains of having a champion digimon and needing to venture far away from File City, which leads us into a bit of a discussion about how the Digimon lifecycle mechanic could be improved upon. I do think it's very interesting having your partner have a lifespan and being able to raise a completely new Digimon, but it does cause a bit of a lull in your progress as a player every time it happens. Your Digimon does actually carry over a percent of its stats when it dies, but it's pretty negligible until you get to tamer level 10 (and thus get the 10% carryover). Something like the Sonic Adventure 2 system I mention in the video or just a bigger stat carryover would go a long way toward the player having more of a sense of character progression.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Episode 14 - Next Drew

I feel a little bad about it, but a part of playing this game is knowing when it's no longer worthwhile to invest in your Digimon and save bits and items for their next life cycle. Restaurant food, discs, and other stat boosting food can be really useful when you're trying to get stats for a specific evolution.

First order of business is to try our hand at that Greymon fight again. Recruiting Greymon opens up the Arena, where you can fight in tournaments. You can get some pretty nice prizes from the arena and make some good bits, but the Digimon there are pretty beefy, so we won't be doing it just yet.

We also get our first Ultimate Digimon! Our tamer level goes up by 1 and we can head back to the Great Canyon area to take care of some stuff! Luckily we were not actually locked out of the second Ogremon fight with our little cliff falling stunt a few episodes ago. Having an AoE attack for the Ogremon fights is super useful. Sadly, We don't get any direct recruits from Ogremon, just more progress on his quest line.

While we're at the Great Canyon, we also pick up Bridramon! Birdramon is insanely useful as he opens up the Birdra-transport, which will instantly take you to a location you've been before for a small somewhat sizable fee. This is a pretty crucial part of the infinite money exploit, and it's also just really nice not to have to waste tons of your (and your partners') precious time running around the entire island.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Okay! I'm caught up. I also revised my opinion on Next Order, it's pretty great and my gripes about the digivo system went away once I understood it better.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
You've mixed up and android with cyborg: The former is a robot with a human appearance whereas the latter is a being whose physiological functioning is enhanced by mechanical or electronic devices.

Andromon is classified as a Cyborg Type Digimon in the original Japanese materials which was localized as Android Type not unlike how the cyborgs in DBZ were localized as Androids (strictly speaking, their Japanese name is Jinzōningen which translates literally as "Artificial Human") .

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Okay! I'm caught up. I also revised my opinion on Next Order, it's pretty great and my gripes about the digivo system went away once I understood it better.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I also discovered that after unlocking and leveling up the training dojo you can explicitly cross off potential evolutions on a tree, thus ensuring you get a specific one if you meet multiple requirements.

Chimera-gui posted:

You've mixed up and android with cyborg: The former is a robot with a human appearance whereas the latter is a being whose physiological functioning is enhanced by mechanical or electronic devices.

Andromon is classified as a Cyborg Type Digimon in the original Japanese materials which was localized as Android Type not unlike how the cyborgs in DBZ were localized as Androids (strictly speaking, their Japanese name is Jinzōningen which translates literally as "Artificial Human") .

Whoops! You are correct, and as a fan of both DBZ and Teen Titans I should know better haha. On that note, though, Andromon definitely looks more like a cyborg, as you can see fleshy bits under the metal. He's kinda gnarly when you really look at him.

Magic Fanatic
Oct 28, 2008
Ah, this game. Even with the guide, raising digimon made no sense to my 11-year-old self... But it still helped anyway with recruiting people and figuring out where to grind for new moves.

I still have that guide, and decided to dig it out of my collection, just to look through it and nostalgia for a bit.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Magic Fanatic posted:

Ah, this game. Even with the guide, raising digimon made no sense to my 11-year-old self... But it still helped anyway with recruiting people and figuring out where to grind for new moves.

I still have that guide, and decided to dig it out of my collection, just to look through it and nostalgia for a bit.

I know exactly how you feel, I had the guide too but I never seemed to be able to get the Angemon I really wanted... I was super sad when I searched my parents' house recently only to find that the guide had been lost to the tides of time.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Ceraph posted:

Whoops! You are correct, and as a fan of both DBZ and Teen Titans I should know better haha. On that note, though, Andromon definitely looks more like a cyborg, as you can see fleshy bits under the metal. He's kinda gnarly when you really look at him.

That's because Andromon is stated in lore to be an incomplete prototype for the Cyborg Type Digimon. Further upgrading it with Chrome Digizoid resulted in its Mega Level stage, HiAndromon:

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 22, 2017

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Chimera-gui posted:

That's because Andromon is stated in lore to be an incomplete prototype for the Cyborg Type Digimon. Further upgrading it with Chrome Digizoid resulted in its Mega Level stage, HiAndromon:

Man, now I wish Digimon World had megas haha. I had no idea HiAndromon was a thing but he looks awesome.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
To be fair, several Mega Level species do appear in DW as Ultimate Level Digimon. It's just the Mega Level itself that doesn't appear in the game as it was released in Japan in late January of 1999 which was early in the production cycle of the Pendulum series of v-pets, which introduced the Mega Level.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
When crossing the invisible bridge in Souvlalimon my inner child had a really dumb thought that I felt like expressing:

I call it "I'M GONNA BLOOOOW!"

Also if you are looking for recruiting people/doing sidequests powering you up you may enjoy Lightning Returns.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 23, 2017

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

BioEnchanted posted:

When crossing the invisible bridge in Souvlalimon my inner child had a really dumb thought that I felt like expressing:

I call it "I'M GONNA BLOOOOW!"

Also if you are looking for recruiting people/doing sidequests powering you up you may enjoy Lightning Returns.

Hahahaha, well I guess other people will know the bridge is there now so... it all worked out in the end?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Ceraph posted:

Episode 12 - Fishing

We do some science and figure out that Alden has apparently been wrong about that porta potty glitch he's been talking about. Not entirely sure where it came from, but our Digimon definitely loses weight as soon as we use it. They're still useful to have around. At this point with getting sirlions every day, it's not super difficult to hit the weight requirements for evolutions anymore.

We recruit Bakemon to the city! If your partner is also a Bakemon it can translate what he's saying. If he's not just answer "yes, yes, no" to recruit him. He doesn't seem to do anything in town other than hang out around the item shop.

Also as the title suggests, we show off the fishing mini game with that old fishing rod we picked up at Trash Mountain. I'm never a huge fan of fishing mini games, but I think the added mechanic of having to manage the line tension is a little much. It can be surprisingly difficult to reel in a fish without the line breaking or it getting away. It's worthwhile to note that the DigiSeabass I was talking about also increases your Digimon's lifespan by 3 hours, so it's not a huge increase but I suppose if you get really good at it you could average over 1 DigiSeabass every 3 hours.

Fishing is also required to find Seadramon and unlock some other parts of the island, but we'll tackle that later.

Kinda late to the party but my brother and father spent close to a week farming DigiSeabasses non-stop, and they got their Digimon to live for 21-23 days since they fed it on nothing but DigiSeabasses ever since it hatched. Longest living Digimon I've ever seen.

Azran fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 24, 2017

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Episode 15 - Sanctuary

I have to apologize for the lack of sound effects. We realized too late that the game audio wasn't being captured so there's going to be a couple episodes without sound effects. As luck would have it, though, I did get the soundtrack to this game for pre-ordering Next Order, so I matched up the music to the zones as best I could.

At any rate, it's time to take our spiffy new Ultimate deeper into the digi-wilds than we've been yet! It's time to head to Freezeland, but on the way we encounter the Shellmon we freed in the last episode. You can recruit her after taking the elevator out of the second Ogremon fight, then turning around and taking it back down. Recruiting her unlocks the bulletin board, which is useful for getting hints about Digimon you can recruit and events that happen in the game. It is required to read some of the bulletins before the events will happen (like the encounter with Seadramon).

Once we make it to Freezeland we head straight for the Ice Sanctuary for no real apparent reason. It is actually pretty important to recruit Angemon while we have a powerful vaccine type Digimon, as the entrance to the underground caves only opens if your partner is a vaccine. In addition to the secret passage that leads to the Angemon recruitment event, there are is also some training equipment. As usual for the out of town training spots, it's very effective but also very out of the way. We won't be using it too much, as there are ways of increasing the effectiveness of the Green Gym in File City. Angemon will hang out in Jijimon's house and tell you where to look for new Digimon to recruit, which if you don't have a guide can be super helpful. He can also be really obtuse with his hints so... there's that.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
BlueMeramon is an Ultimate Level stage of Meramon while Icemon is a Champion Level stage for Gotsumon. Hyogamon is the same Level as Ogremon however, and is one of the two variants of it in fact with the other one being Fugamon.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 29, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The game is unfair, at least use the inf. money thing to get 99 of both healing items.(and maybe other staples)

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

PhazonLink posted:

The game is unfair, at least use the inf. money thing to get 99 of both healing items.(and maybe other staples)

The more we play this game the more lax I am feeling about my "don't abuse the infinite money" standpoint.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The Ice Sanctuary is referenced in Next Order, too. Spoilers for that game: It's actually transplanted wholesale. The layout is the exact same and so are the teleporter destinations and the enemies, with the exception of the very first room having enemies now, and the gym containing a recruitable and only opening up postgame. And not being a gym..

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Any chance you're going to do the Garurumon fights? As a kid I'd always do the first one but then forget to go back for the second; I'd like to see what he does or if he's even recruitable!

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Astrofig posted:

Any chance you're going to do the Garurumon fights? As a kid I'd always do the first one but then forget to go back for the second; I'd like to see what he does or if he's even recruitable!

We're shooting for a 100 prosperity run, but truth be told neither of us have done it before. I would definitely like to show it off, though! This is not the end of our adventures in Freezeland.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."
Episode 16 - Trading Cards

We continue our quest to get the amazing rod! While passing through Gear Savannah we pick up Leomon's first event. We can't recruit him until we hit 40 prosperity, so for now we're just gonna let that quest line sit. North of Gear Savannah is Geko Swamp, which we haven't seen yet. There's not a whole lot to do in the swamp area proper, but there are some important things to take care of before we can move on. Misty Trees lies beyond Geko Swamp, and we need to do the event with Otamamon and Shogungekomon before we can navigate Misty Trees.

The guide I was reading said that Otamamon shows up at night time, but that is clearly not actually the case. As near as I can tell the trigger for him showing up is visiting Misty Trees for the first time, but if anyone actually knows please let me know.

In a move that is scarily accurate to real life, we blow all the money we had saved up on trading cards. There's honestly not really any better way of getting merit points (at least that I know of) and trying to get Seadramon without the amazing rod is ill advised. While at Volume Villa we also recruit Gekomon, who joins the arena.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Shamamon* is actually a subspecies of Goblimon and both can Digivolve into the aforementioned Ogremon and Fugamon. There is also a third subspecies, SnowGoblimon, who Digivolves into Hyogamon. Strangely enough, SnowGoblimon's name was never officially localized like Goblimon prior to Next Order, instead keeping the romanization from the Reference Book of SnowGoburimon much to my utter irritation.

Fun fact: Shamamon and Goblimon are localized as Shamanmon and Goblinmon in Frontier and Fusion respectively.

*Official romanization from the Reference Book.

What's funny is that Goblimon and their subspecies are actually among the largest Rookie Level Digimon in the franchise:

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Well since you almost have access to the area past the Fog Forest, you can always gently caress up get numemon then do the thing that makes it worth it(once).

• Locked thread