Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Do people in the guild ever organize 6* connect farms? I can kind of hold my own in them, but when lovely pubbies fill mine up they are almost always failures. With these current rewards I would really like to get more 6*'s in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Fenris13 posted:

Do people in the guild ever organize 6* connect farms? I can kind of hold my own in them, but when lovely pubbies fill mine up they are almost always failures. With these current rewards I would really like to get more 6*'s in.

I'm sure we could it's just a matter of organizing it. I don't do 6's (or 7's) for the same reason - they're doomed to failure with pubs. I would imagine time zone is the biggest hurdle we'd have, looking up resistances and team comps wouldn't be hard. Me personally, I'm lazy but if someone beats the drum and it's in a TZ I can make, I'll join in.

Something I only just found today: you can tap the group button on both arena screens to change to another group. You can change once a week. Right now there's a new group (20) which is full of NPCs and nubs. Why is this good? Because getting into the top ranks is easy there and that means lots more tokens per hour plus a much higher daily diamond reward. I swapped and I'm going seal clubbing :)

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
Applied to the guild as wyre, still learning but apparently got lucky with my beginner 10summon with luca, heimdall and freya? Game is fun so far

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I thought I'd share this. The JP version has a new unit called Brunhilde, this guy (lets call him Mr Whale) video'd his pulls to get her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTozKLH8uR8

He get her on the 110th 10x pull. So let's do that arithmetic:

110 x 3000 = 330,000 diamonds.
330,000 / 11500 (the top package sold) = 28.70 (after rounding).

In UK terms that would be 28.70 x 77.99 = £2,237.97

I hate to think how often he had to pause recording, sort the inventory to get space, buy more gems and keep going. With people like that around, I should be happy with my 78th place in group 20 because I sure as hell can't compete against that. But then again he (and the many others like him) fund the continuing success of the game. And compared to that, my attempts to get Odin were laughably cheap.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I love videos like this because it makes me feel better about my life

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
That story sure makes me want to stop pulling on banners that don't have guaranteed rewards, sheesh. I also scraped together enough for one more amaterasu pull and got 0 3* out of it, that helps too

stratego
May 6, 2007

I got my Odin to five stars. I celebrated by doing the amaterasu pull. The one rainbow orb was bear girl. Hooray?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dial-a-Dog posted:

That story sure makes me want to stop pulling on banners that don't have guaranteed rewards, sheesh. I also scraped together enough for one more amaterasu pull and got 0 3* out of it, that helps too

Yeah, that's very much the take away factoid for me here too. If there's no guarantee stopper on a banner then either don't touch it or set a limit.

stratego posted:

I got my Odin to five stars. I celebrated by doing the amaterasu pull. The one rainbow orb was bear girl. Hooray?

Uh Grats or something, you can let us know how she is (well, apart from having pretty hideous art anyway).

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Final Fantasy Record Keeper has new awesome equipment come out twice per week and it's amazinghorrifying watching youtube videos of whales spending hundreds of dollars for each new item.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ratzap posted:

I thought I'd share this. The JP version has a new unit called Brunhilde, this guy (lets call him Mr Whale) video'd his pulls to get her.

[...]

I hate to think how often he had to pause recording, sort the inventory to get space, buy more gems and keep going. With people like that around, I should be happy with my 78th place in group 20 because I sure as hell can't compete against that. But then again he (and the many others like him) fund the continuing success of the game. And compared to that, my attempts to get Odin were laughably cheap.

And comparatively, this makes my getting Saber, Ilya and Shirou off of free currency during the UBW event look like tripping the light fantastic. Good lord.

But yeah, never forget that however much legitimately good and fun design there might be in these sorts of games, there is a predatory element to all of them and they very much want you to go in ~hard~ for a specific character as that's how they'll make their dosh. Never spend money on these games that you aren't willing to completely throw away.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
HQ finally gave me the last soul for Urd and she jumped from 30,005 to 34,424 - so about 15% increase just from the promotion.

Now if only Saber would shift from 48/50 my main team would be complete.

Looking at the leaderboards I see people with 200k PS teams and the mind boggles how you'd get there. My lot are 4 to 6k each away from that and their gear is mostly 5 star and fairly high level. Then again, the last 10 levels are seriously expensive in terms of XP, maybe they add more oompf?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nice, I just got Luca to 5* this morning too. The stat jump is so satisfying.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
All those packs on offer again, I just scooped up a bunch of the cheaper ones for now but if you're going to spend money, some of the packs are the best currency per diamond ratio you'll see. I didn't bother with the star party since I have all the units in it and I wouldn't delude myself that I could speed up the 5 star process by doing some pulls. If you don't have them though, it's a good banner to toss a few tries into as all the units in it are good to superb. Bear in mind though that even though they are possible pulls, the common crap is far more likely.

I got Odin fully orbed so next goal is Niji and Hrungnir to 5p6 as well. That will let me start fleshing out my grand arena teams as at the moment the tanks on team 1 and 3 are getting stomped way too fast.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I don't like to double post but worth it this time.

Group 20 turned out to be a bust, too many people had much the same idea and I was struggling to get above rank 60. I swapped to group 6 and this is proving much more fruitful. My Saber got the last soul today and gained 5490 PS going from 4 to 5 stars so I spent a while probing the higher ranked players for something I could beat. I won this fight with 11 seconds on the clock and took rank 29. Remembering the question about Verdandi before I took a screenshot of the damage page to show you why she's so drat good.

This team is proving to be very nasty (180k PS). Enough DPS to kill double tanks with a single healer, enough healing to cope with glass cannon teams and Luca is so painful to kill I win defense a lot due to timeouts.

I have Odin and Mia at p6 already in order to use them to break particular setups once they reach 5 star too.

Should I leave Luca and Saber as my mercs or would it be handy to swap someone else in? I know they're getting a fair bit of use but no idea if you'd be interested in others.

A few days ago I got a red message which made me wonder what the hell was going on. Turns out there are direct chats in the game too, who knew? Some guy trying to recruit messaging folk rather than hit channels.

Ratzap fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 25, 2017

Ghost Toast
Nov 4, 2005

Applied to guild as Xen. This game is fun.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I couldn't figure out how to cut text on the android display so have a screenshot:

The first new challenge is up and it's about humans. For those of us who've been around for a while it means press receive all for a few million mana and send your human of choice (Go Saber) to stomp on some lower chapters. Good idea and let's hope we see more soon. Giving people a reason to collect heroes and raise them can't hurt.

A new scenario is cool and I'm happy to see them releasing the list of buffed units well in advance. One of the major criticisms of previous efforts was that out of the blue you find you need to have a max orbed 5 star unit to progress.

UI changes: good news again. The UI isn't too clunky but additions like a 'remove all' or such will make it better.

Gear sets: hallelujah and praise satan... Please let it be done properly and not implement some godawful hack job on the fly.

With more high level connects being added too, we should probably stop being lazy and try to organise something to get them done.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
My foolish mindset of wanting all the characters maxed out is being rewarded.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oof, those characters are either 3* for me, or I don't have them. Oh well, there's no fixing that by the time the event starts.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Plenty of time to get them done. Which is just as well given how stingy the HQ can be.

I've been running VC in Memu for a while now and I must say it's pretty good. The sound breaks up but I run with it muted anyway (even on the tablet) so nothing lost. It does make it a hell of a lot easier to get screenshots though, instead of trying to press the power button and volume down at the same time, I just need to click a button about a second before I want the shot (for some reason it lags). While grinding back through the event I took this one with the 2 new costumes (both have good effects and are worth getting).

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Did they deactivate the emulator detection? I tried to get memu working during the fatestay event but it was blocked even after I tried a few things with root/Xposed. I've had to settle for botting with my old tablet for connect loot

Edit: huh, I just checked and it loaded in memu with no problems, I guess they did turn the detection back off

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 7, 2017

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also they added more shop slots for the connect store, so if you've been botting connect battles and you have like 50k generic tokens, now is the time to max out some bangles

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Did they deactivate the emulator detection? I tried to get memu working during the fatestay event but it was blocked even after I tried a few things with root/Xposed. I've had to settle for botting with my old tablet for connect loot

They turned it back on after the event finished. It was just for that FSN thing (I checked the Ateam forums before I went to the bother of installing it). I might see if there's a connect macro floating about, I could use more tokens having cashed all mine in.

One thing I've noticed with the Maully event is it remembers which souls you've already had before so you can't get the easy ones again.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Has anyone here beaten a super boss like Angrboda or Ymir yet? I've gotten a decent enough team that I can handle 6* niconico as the battle creator and I've assisted on a few other 7* fights successfully (usually I'm reduced to Luca while the owner and the other super powered dork finish them off though) but I found some rando hosting an Angrboda game the other day and my team got absolutely wiped out (so did theirs) within like a minute. I'm mostly just curious if I need like all 5p dudes with specialized equipment for it, and also if there's a hero quest after or you're just expected to beat your face against that wall again and again till you get a worthwhile star level character out of it. I've got all of 0 of the recommended characters 5* for Angrboda, so I know that'll be a while for me, but Ymir I might be able to work with once he rotates back in

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I haven't bothered with any of them. I don't even go in random 6 stars since it usually ends up me beating it for them or running out of time.

We should have enough people with decent teams now to research what's needed and give these a shot. I'd like to collect the units eventually if nothing else.

The reddit wiki has pages for the 7* fights with ability breakdowns and unit recommendations but I'm not certain they're really accurate. I have all the characters for Angrboda for example but not orbed up and some are still grinding HQ to get promotions.

Ymir on the other hand I could put a team together for from my fully kitted units.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah I think a few of us could get together in the guild and give Ymir an honest shot by now. Idk how worth it is, but hey what else is all the mindless grinding and character building for

Also we've got a guild battle up right now and that reminded me to post about something I meant to post a while ago

For whatever reason Sonia owns against the crystal. Maybe it's considered airborne, idk, or maybe it's because her skill multihits 4x, or maybe even both. Wolfgang, Cannon, and Verdandi are all effective too (multihit,multihit, and antiair respectively), but not nearly as out of band with their orbing level as Sonia is in my experience. Just something to think about if you've had her warming your bench

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Managed to unlock Maully with a mix of tentacle mail, straw hat and some rng in her solo mission. It was pretty crazy since I had her at level 48 and blue frame with like 2 or 3 orbs set. Gonna see how far I can go in the event before I get stonewalled again.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
From the reddit wiki (found here):

The Guild Crystal is a PvP battle.

The Crystal attacks by copying the ATTACKING hero's EQP skills.
Regeneration/Healing items are not copied, but barrier and shields are.
It's damage is determined by the 3 day Guild EXP total.
The Crystal's race is Beast!
Resistances are 2.0 for each element. Pure ATK or MATK skills will deal the most optimal damage.
The Crystal's HP is determined by the Guild's Guild Battle Ranking

A class guilds have 2M hp. Ideally you'd make a crystal doom team with equipment swapped in but until they do gear sets that's too much effort.
Right now guild wars don't really get you much but I see it as something extra to do and it dose give the lower level guys an easy way to get more guild tokens.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Applied to guild as tallian. Game seems cool.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

RFC2324 posted:

Applied to guild as tallian. Game seems cool.

Welcome aboard. It is a good game, just don't get carried away on a banner with no guarantee stop (but you know that if you play gachas).

Concentrate on leveling via the story quest, that's the fastest way to get large amounts of diamonds and will grow your units quickly too. The guild wars are going to be mostly beyond you till you get to the 30s or have some blue/purple units.

Remember to follow people to get access to free beefy mercs.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Applied as Golluk. Looks like it's only the one guild at the moment? And full.

If I'm reading the suggestions right, I should only spend crystals on the 10 packs when they are 50% or 1000 crystals off? Or guaranteed after 3-5 steps?

Golluk fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 28, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

you know what, I think I'm done playing this game, at least for now. No matter how much I grind, it won't change the fact that my equipment kind of sucks, and I don't feel like grinding bosses 8000 times so I can get a single 5* piece of armor three months from now. Feel free to boot me to make room, and make someone else a Co-Jarl. It's been fun, everyone. Maybe I'll pick this game up again sometime later.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Golluk posted:

Applied as Golluk. Looks like it's only the one guild at the moment? And full.

If I'm reading the suggestions right, I should only spend crystals on the 10 packs when they are 50% or 1000 crystals off? Or guaranteed after 3-5 steps?

The best use of crystals is probably the monthly Star Party banners, which will probably start today or tomorrow. There are two banners, each lasting two days. It may be full price, but it has powerful units that aren't available anywhere else, and you are guaranteed at least one 3*.

Do not bother with the "guaranteed after X steps" banners unless you are willing to spend money, because you need to spend like 15000-24000 crystals before you get that guaranteed pull

The half off stuff is useful if you're not spending money, but make sure you actually want the featured prizes before you start pulling.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Star party is definitely the one to blow your early game crystals on, some of the best characters in the game are exclusive to it. In fact if you're new to the game and hate yourself just enough to be willing to do rerolls I'd suggest blowing out your crystals on the star party with Urd and rerolling if you don't get her. The rest of the exclusives are good to great I think, but she's easily the best healer in the game.

Other than that yeah try not to pull on the banners that are full price with no guarantees. Half price banners will at least let you fill out your equipment and roster at a decent price if you miss on the banner unit, but something like Amaterasu's banner can easily eat all your crystals and leave you with garbage. I'm sure there's some unlucky guy out there with a YouTube video of blowing hundreds of dollars chasing a non guarantee banner unit before they get it

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Other than that yeah try not to pull on the banners that are full price with no guarantees. Half price banners will at least let you fill out your equipment and roster at a decent price if you miss on the banner unit, but something like Amaterasu's banner can easily eat all your crystals and leave you with garbage. I'm sure there's some unlucky guy out there with a YouTube video of blowing hundreds of dollars chasing a non guarantee banner unit before they get it

The one I linked a while back threw $2700 or so down the drain getting Brunhilde.

U-do, I understand how you feel. I had a phase like that then realised I don't need to be the best or compete with the big boys. I just log in, to do daily stuff, start a war and fiddle about. Running in Memu I can leave it going while I work or do other chores. Don't grind, don't feel the need to have the best - just play when it's convenient for the fun of it. Lowered expectations also makes the HQ RNG less annoying.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Ratzap posted:

The one I linked a while back threw $2700 or so down the drain getting Brunhilde.

U-do, I understand how you feel. I had a phase like that then realised I don't need to be the best or compete with the big boys. I just log in, to do daily stuff, start a war and fiddle about. Running in Memu I can leave it going while I work or do other chores. Don't grind, don't feel the need to have the best - just play when it's convenient for the fun of it. Lowered expectations also makes the HQ RNG less annoying.

Hahaha yeah I knew someone posted a video like that earlier in the thread but I didn't remember enough to go looking for it. Unless you're trying to make beautiful whale song, don't ever chase on a gacha. And yeah, emulator botting connects is a nice way to get some decent gear to stay competitive as long as you've got reasonable teams for the connects that are running (and as long as they don't ban emulators again). Mostly I just do enough of everything for the daily quests, the most gear fiddling I do these days is trying to three star scenarios, other than that I'm content to slowly grind up 5*s and toss whatever extra gear I've got on to them when they make it. Occasionally I move the good stuff around if I manage to power up a top tier character, like when I broke up Cannon's gear as I finally replaced her with Momiji/Verdandi/Mattise (they all came up around the same time, and blow her out of the water for most things)

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I'm not botting - I've not seen any macros posted and I'm too lazy to make my own. I just leave the window open where I can see the bottom left corner. If I see the red skull appear I can go do it.

The lack of inventory space is a big irritation. If I counted them right I have 90 heroes now but with only 518 inventory spaces, I can fit 64 of them (assuming all spaces used). Practically speaking you're talking a couple of dozen with good gear, all the special weapons and a whole lot of naked chars.
I'm hoping the system they come up with lets you play dress up for each unit, optimize and save a set per connect boss, arena, grand arena, story, per event. Then you could distill it all down to the best items you can create but they auto fit to whoever you use for something. Obviously if you pick 2 units that both have a set using same items, one is going to be missing slots. Or it should tell you items are conflicted.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yeah I think if I were running this on an emulator that could automate some tasks I wouldn't have gotten so depleted. Even simply running the daily missions feels like too much work for me when I have to stare at a small screen and tap everything.

E: ^^^ also yes, the inventory system is a loving joke, and it's amazing that after all this time there isn't an option to swap the equipment set to different slots on a character, that there isn't an auto-equip button that you can use just to have something to start with, that you can't move equipment en masse from one character to another (barring unique equipment of course), that the inventory limit is so incredibly small given the number of characters, and that you can't save parties and equipment layouts

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 28, 2017

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Ratzap posted:

I'm not botting - I've not seen any macros posted and I'm too lazy to make my own. I just leave the window open where I can see the bottom left corner. If I see the red skull appear I can go do it.

Ah, I sure am haha. I just set up a macro to run forever and hit that skull, the spot in the center of the screen where the ok button is if the battle's full, and the spot where the play/auto button are again and again. Revolutionized my bangle buying

And yeah, the inventory system stinks. There are just a ton of little problems with it that add up to make the whole thing a huge pain to deal with. Even just something like being able to unequip an item without leaving the forge screen would save me a ton of time

You actually can swap equipment between slots. If you, say, click into the second slot on a character and try to equip what that character already has in their fourth slot it gives you a warning about that item already being equipped but if you acknowledge it they swap. It's counterintuitive and takes too long, idk why they don't just let you drag them around.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Well, I think I've managed to do OK with my pulls so far. I have a proper line up of S and A rated mons going by reddits hero list.

Shield Knight Luca
battle God Thrud (Could swap in Fei Lang)
Gullveig (Could swap in First Boy Ymir)
Lady Freya
Admiral Nautica (Could swap in Canoneer)

Still not sure which stats I should be gearing them all up for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Ah, I sure am haha. I just set up a macro to run forever and hit that skull, the spot in the center of the screen where the ok button is if the battle's full, and the spot where the play/auto button are again and again. Revolutionized my bangle buying

You inspired me to set up a quick 4 click macro yesterday which I left going overnight. It made nearly 2000 tokens (plus 200 diamonds from 6 stars someone carried me through) so I'll be using that regularly now I think. If anyone wants a Memu macro, just shout and I'll put it on pastebin or something.

Golluk posted:

Shield Knight Luca
battle God Thrud (Could swap in Fei Lang)
Gullveig (Could swap in First Boy Ymir)
Lady Freya
Admiral Nautica (Could swap in Canoneer)

Luca - Def, Mdef, HP. Reforged mithril armour, that bear skin thing - silvers.
Thrud - Atk
Ymir (he beats gullveig) - Matk
Freya - Matk
Nautica - Matk (maybe some def/mdef but more orbs helps better than gear)

Hit the 100,000 mana summon when you can for sp gear and reforgables. If you have empty slots, put anything in, even bronze trash - empty is pure waste.

Fei and Cannon are good for when you need fire damage but generally worse than the other 2. Also don't ignore Skuld - she can heal your team. The cheap units can be useful, especially since they're so easy to get to 5 star.

If you have diamonds from doing the story, sink them into the star party. SP is very good for people starting out but if you're fishing for particular units it's daylight robbery.

• Locked thread