Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZr_UxeBvM

Valkyrie Connect is a relatively popular party based RPG that was just recently released in the US on both Android and iOs

Some of the things that differentiate this game form others in this genre are the little quality of life changes that even most AAA developers tend to let go by the wayside in mobile games. poo poo like menu navigation. The menu system is pretty smart, and it doesn't bury important things, or make you search around back and forth to do simple tasks. Plus, its really fun.
The game is very friendly to both filthy casuals and sweaty nerds cool bros. You can spend as little or as much time you want and still progress and have fun. Also if you're super :nyoron: Every character in the game is voiced by a famous Japanese voice actor. If you've ever watched a subtitled anime, you've probably heard one or more of the voice actors in this game.

But Kabuki-kun, what about terrible RP? Can I pretend to be a highschool cat girl vampire wizard?

You're in luck you terrible goon friend!

This is where the main story mode is. It's very loosely based around Norse mythology, and has super tropey anime themes shoehorned in. The main quest is a good place to casually farm for diamonds while gaining levels and some heroes. Only the 3-star quests on the map are repeatable, and these are what you use to farm materials for crafting, but more on that later. There are 20 chapters with around 10 or so parts per chapter. Completing all 3 star missions in each chapter with 3 stars will reward you with diamond chests which are shown at the bottom of each chapter map, so it's worth it to 100% every map for the sweet sweet diamonds.

●Events: Events in this game come in a few flavors. battles which are basically teaming up with 3 other people to beat a boss for currency and a chance at getting its soul to use in your team. Then there are other events like seasonals, Tower climbs, material gathering, exp boosts etc.

●Missions: Another convenient feature of this game. This is where all your daily missions are. Just pick a mission, hit GO and you get sent to whatever area of the game you need to be to complete the requirement for said mission.

●Skills: Every character has a unique skill they do that is on a cooldown. Skills are also attached to weapons and armor. The order of the gear equipped determines when the skill attached fires off. Think of it like a vertical hotbar where the top place is your #1 skill. Your character auto attacks with the skills that their weapons and armor provide, and you have the option to use their special, or have it auto fire as soon as its ready.

●Hero Quests: This is like the individual story/mini quest of each of your characters. Hero quests are how you promote a hero from 1 star to 5 stars. Every level just adds some boosts to stats and the 5th changes their appearance. It's also how you unlock new characters. Beat their story for access to a repeatable quest you can use to farm their soul crystal. You can only do 3 of these a day per character. They are very very simple and it might take some time, but it's definitely possible to collect enough tokens to unlock guys.

●Leveling up: Both your profile and your characters gain exp and mana from doing daily missions and quests, among other things. Your level determines your characters level cap. You're 23? Your dudes cap is 23. Simple. You spend mana to level up individual characters.

Summoning
Summoning is another, and one of the main ways you obtain new heroes. There are convienence options for summoning 1 or 10 at a time, and there are even a few options for just summoning gear, or some reforge materials.

●Diamonds: IAP Currency, Reward for completing many many in game tasks like the main quest, Hero Quests, basically everything.

●Mana: Kind of like the gold in game, but it's also used to level up your anime gods

●Stamina: The amount of stamina needed to do different things varies. Connect battles can take 40 or more, while a repeatable quest might be only 6. Again, this is something the game throws at you at every possible opportunity.

You will either spend diamonds or mana to summon. You get 5 free mana summons a day and one free diamond summon. The gatcha system here is pretty forgiving. It doesnt gate off every single super rare character loving you into being terrible or spending money. The cash shop isn't too bad, there are various packages that get updated all the time and are pretty reasonable. You can spend anywhere form 3 to 80 bucks. Whatever your little anime heart desires. :3:

There are more currencies than this, but these are the basics that show up in the trader area. There is also a traveling trader that periodically shows up with random offerings.

●Mana: obtained throughout the game for completeing tasks
●Blacksmith: obtained from selling equipment and accessories at the blacksmith
●Soul: obtained from getting a hero that you have already made 5 stars. Instead of getting soul crystals, you get soul tokens.
●Friend: obtained from using mercenaries and from people using your mercs
●Arena: obtained from winning battles in pvp
●Connect: obtained from completing connect boss battles
●Event: special currency obtained from seasonal tower events and the like
●Guild: obtained from participating in pvp

Every hero starts with 2 slots. One for Equipment and one for Accessories. Slots unlock using the crafting/orb system. Your gear is also how you spec your character with different skills.

●Weapons and armor: Increase stats and grant special skills. Equipment skills have a chance to activate when normal attacks are performed.

●Accessories: Increase stats and grant special skills. Accessory skills will always activate at the beginning of a battle and have a constant effect.

●Frames: The border around your characters icon. There are 4 frames which determine the amount of gear you can equip: Grey, Green, Blue, and Purple. Every character starts off with a grey frame which only has 1 equipment slot, and 1 accessory slot. Green increases the slots to 2 equipment slots and 2 accessory slots, Blue 3 of each and Purple has 4.
Upgrade each color 3 times to move up a level. Technically it's two, since the first level is filled simply by achieving the new level. Purple can be upgraded 4 times as opposed to the 2 of the other colors. This seems like a lot, but the game is extremely generous with clear tickets, and drops orb materials for doing practically anything. You will almost certainly have more than enough mats to make all your characters blue by the first few levels of playing.

Orbs are the materials you need to promote your characters frame. Some orbs can be bought with the various currencies at the trader, crafted or acquired through the quest mode.

●Crafting: To upgrade your characters frame, you have 6 orb slots which must be filled. Clicking on them brings you to the crafting menu. Crafting in this game is very simple and intuitive. Simply click the material you need in order to craft the orb you want, and you get the option of multiple locations in which to farm said materials. You can either spend stamina to complete the quest yourself, or spend Quick Tickets (along with the required stamina) to auto complete it. This makes for very fast farming of necessary mats. As a bonus, once you get the mats you need, simply hitting the back arrow in the upper left corner of the screen will bring you right back to your crafting area to craft the orb you needed. Neat!

Battles
You can either x2 speed and auto attack through everything, or plan when to use whose special ability. The only thing the player controls is when your characters use their special ability, and whos limit burst to use and when. The fighting is broken up into rows based upon the 3 classes. Fighter, Mage and Ranged. Fighters are basically the tanks and get hit first. Characters with the same limit burst multiply its damage.

Blacksmith

Reforging is how you improve your equipments max level and max skill level. There are up to 5-star reforges one can complete for any given equipment, and 4 levels of corresponding rarity Copper (☆), Silver (☆☆) Gold (☆☆☆)and Rainbow (☆☆☆☆☆). You can either merge two identical pieces of gear (of the same rarity), or use the gear you wish to forge and either a rune dagger or rune ring o(of the same rarity) in it's place. This is useful if you have more gear you wish to reforge than you do identical versions of it.

Example: ☆copper helmet + ☆copper helmet = ☆☆silver helmet, or ☆copper helmet + ☆copper reforge rune knife = ☆☆silver helmet
The stars and the copper silver gold color etc. are redundant as there are no 1☆ gold items or 5☆ copper etc.

Similar to Reforging, only you can use up to 5 of whatever items you want regardless of rarity or type, to increase the base gears level. When gear with the same skill are fused together, there is a chance that the base gear's skill level will increase.

PVP

This is the games PvP area. It's very short and sweet as you can only battle once every 10 minutes, or spend 50 diamonds to remove the wait timer once. You can build a defense party however you like that other people will go up against trying to achieve a higher pvp rank. You will be presented with 3 players you can challenge. Usually the hardest guy is furthest left and the easiest is furthest right. You have two stats to keep an eye on here, Rank and Power Score. Rank is your raking in your pvp group. This increases based upon whom you defeat. Beat a player with a higher rank, you take their rank. Higher your rank, the better the rewards.

Tokens for rank are awarded based on your current rank after a set period of time.
Scheduled ranking is a reward you recieve based on your rank at that given time.
Personal ranking rewards are given when you move up the ranks.
Defense rewards are awarded for defending against other players attacking your Defense party.

This is basically the same thing as arena, only with 3 parties per player. First player to win 2-3 battles wins. Same reward/timer rules apply here.

Clocks posted:

ONSLAUGHT
Onslaught is an event in which you fight increasingly harder battles. Your heroes' health (but also their skill & limit gauges) carries over from each battle. They can only be healed once every 10 hours (in this particular event) for free or earlier with the use of diamonds.

TIPS
> You can use 3 mercs an area. However, this resets when you heal your heroes. This is the key to getting through tough areas even with a weak team, as a strong Odin, for instance, can carry you through pretty far. Now is the time to follow all the top people on the leaderboards so you can use their really powerful mercenaries.
> To take this a step further, don't jump in with just a merc and hope they can win - at higher levels even they will get one-shot no matter how strong they are. Plan ahead. Use your weak heroes as fodder until your limit gauge fills, then use the merc next battle and immediately use its special attack.
> You can refresh which team you fight, indefinitely, for 300 mana each time. Use this to find a less powerful team or one with a more easily won composition. For instance, a team with Baldr has one less attacker, and thus might be a good idea to fight, but on the flipside, on tower 10+ where teams get extra % boost, Baldr becomes a nightmare because you can't kill him fast enough before he outheals.
> This is hard to do for most people (and it's hard to predict when Onslaughts will come out, although they happen about once a month), but if you are online right when the event starts, you can get a slight edge up. Most of the teams you face will be NPC teams instead of teams taken from people climbing the tower. This can allow you to blitz through more easily then when you are up against real teams. Bonus: the past couple onslaughts were bugged - for instance they had to reset this onslaught last night, but anyone who made it through the tower got to keep chests they opened etc.

Clocks, is the 7-step pull worth it? No. Don't waste your time and diamonds. If you go all the way, you spend 11,400 diamonds for 43 summons and get a guaranteed 3* unit and 3* gear. At most this saves you 1500 diamonds from just pulling regularly, while costing a shitton and not really offering you all that much.

SÖMTHINGSMÖRBOLL
SÖMTHINGSMÖRGÅS

Guild member limit is currently 20 animes.
I will be kicking players who haven't logged in in over 2 weeks in order to make room for people who want to get in. :japan:

Screenshots:

Resources
Official forums https://forum.a-tm.co.jp/forum/valkyrie-connect
https://www.reddit.com/r/valkyrie_en/wiki/index

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Protips:

Clocks posted:

Especially if you are a free to play player, save your diamonds. This is like my third post in this thread about it. At some point, you stop getting showered with thousands of diamonds and unless you are willing to put in some $$ or wait a long time in-between pulls, those shiny 3000-diamond 10-step pulls are suddenly going to become a lot more scarce.

My advice is to:
    - wait for star party (happens approx. once a month, has a guaranteed 3* in each 10-pull and increased chances for 3*s in general, along with some exclusive star party units like Odin - the most OP mage - and Skadi)
    - wait for certain events like 3-step pulls (6500 diamonds, except for Matisse recently which was 7500, so who knows if that's what it'll be in the future) where you are guaranteed something specific on the 3rd step and where the first few steps are discounted

If you're not sure, ask in this thread first and I can tell you to hold onto your diamonds. Most of these pulls are not good deals unless you're okay with spending money. If you really want those endorphins from pulling a gacha I won't stop you, but a month down the line when you're wishing you had saved up for something more concrete you will see what I mean.

• With 1-star characters, it is recommended to raise their rarity to 5 stars as soon as possible so that you can receive Soul Tokens more easily.
  • Check the leader boards for top level players and follow them to pad out your mercenary list with maxed out characters.
  • If you receive Fulgrator, consider only fusing it into two silver 2☆ swords so you can have the "paralyze for 2 turns to nearest enemy" ability on two separate characters.
  • You can expand your inventory by clicking the Reforge option at the Blacksmith, then clicking the + symbol at the top, to the left of the sorting option. You increase at intervals of 5 slots per 10k mana
  • When building a team for arena or grand arena, the event characters don't count as having one in your party, so you can essentially have 2 versions of the same character in a team. Not sure how effective this is, but depending on the character, it could make for some interesting make ups.

Ratzap posted:

Onslaught notes. Good stuff costs 10,000 tokens, if the lower floors cannot be farmed and you don't have high level super chars all you can do is look wistfully into the shop window.

Lower floors are pretty easy, use your crap chars as far as they'll go. You can only heal your chars for free every 12 hours so your Baldr is going to pay for himself again.

You can only carry 3 reward chests at any one time, the diamond cost is to open it right now and drops as time passes (hence the countdown on the chest).

You can of course pay to heal all your chars but it's not cheap but the cost does decrease over time.

Crimson chest - 2h timer
Ruby chest - 10h timer

No stamina cost, no experience, mana flasks.

By floor 4, my 4* all purple team is starting to take more damage than Baldr can fix (enemy teams are around 30,000 power).

Hope this helps, add anything you notice.

Edit: You can use mercs, it says 3/3 when you open the tab so there's a limit in place. The teams seem to be taken randomly? from the arena going by the names. I'm running out of steam in area 5 now. Power 50k and rising.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 16, 2017

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The promised OP, nice job.

You might want to link to the reddit wiki that seems to have the best collection of information at the moment

Still things missing from it but it's more complete than the other scraps around.

This game is good. So far it's only crashed twice in 6 hours or so, the translation is pretty decent and I haven't noticed any real bugs. The reforge/fusion difference is a bit confusing (to me it was anyway) but the game is very good at showering you with currency. I've made at least 12,000 diamonds in 2 days just playing, it's not even felt grindy (yet).

Some of the hero's are pretty OP though. I got lucky and pulled a ridiculous set of super rares from 3 or 4 10x pulls of the event. You want Heimdall basically as he's the only tank but it's easy enough to use L50 merc Heimdall's to get through the chapters. Freya is insanely powerful, she's the same level as the rest of my team, equivalent gear etc but she's consistently the MVP listed (Skadi is 2nd).

Anyhow, try it, it's fun (the story is kinda corny mind).

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

pssst the green in-game currency is mana, not karma.

Ratzap posted:

You might want to link to the reddit wiki that seems to have the best collection of information at the moment

Seconding this, it's probably the best resource I've seen so far. There are some great tips for beginners regarding what heroes to look for and what gear to keep. Though people should obviously feel free to ask questions in the thread.

Re: crashes, they are kind of annoying and happen when joining other people's connects sometimes but the most you usually lose in that case is time.

I've been playing for almost a month now and yeah, the amount of free currency you get at the beginning is insane. I probably racked up something like 30k free diamonds in a few weeks. It definitely dries out eventually though and you'll mostly be getting diamonds from arena ranking / log-in bonuses / your dailies.

I highly recommend the $4 300-stamina-a-day IAP as a purchase. It lasts a month and lets you do a lot more in-game. You can play without it but will progress a lot slower. Other than that you can basically roll some good units from your free diamonds and play for free with those though.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
this game is extremely good; i posted about it in the android thread but the freebies they give do add up; i came back to almost 5k in IAP after only a month and a half of break, which was a roll and a half of the 10-pull gacha

i pulled loki and the new dark knight dude, which owns because his aesir hitting trait allows me to royally screw people who frontline heimdall

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Clocks posted:

pssst the green in-game currency is mana, not karma.

:doh:

I have no idea why I kept referring to it as karma.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

boy are my arms tired posted:

this game is extremely good; i posted about it in the android thread but the freebies they give do add up; i came back to almost 5k in IAP after only a month and a half of break, which was a roll and a half of the 10-pull gacha

i pulled loki and the new dark knight dude, which owns because his aesir hitting trait allows me to royally screw people who frontline heimdall

The tail end of this event has been very kind to me. I only start playing yesterday, albeit rather intensively and I've farmed up a stupid amount of diamonds which then got plugged into pulls. Even so, I've been ludicrously lucky. My team is

Heimdall, Skadi, Zota, Thor, Freya (Baldr for chapters, the heal is so handy).

I got Hel, Loki, Luflit, Idun, Liesa, Vali and dozens more. It just showered me with heroes at the beginning. I barely had any gear until I ran some mana pulls.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Luflit + baldr is amazing. That combo let me waltz through the entire story up until some of the chapter 20 bosses where I had to hire mercs. I pretty much ran Luflit Baldr Freya Heimdall and either Thor or Fenrir from beginning to end. Later on in the quest mode, it becomes more about being able to defeat the boss before the timer runs out than it is about actually surviving.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i applied as baram. for whenever a spot opened up. rerolled for a bit but the best i wound up with was freya+wulfdude+ a winged helm, which lets me regen 5% hp a turn for 3 turns. good for a tank.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

baram. posted:

i applied as baram. for whenever a spot opened up. rerolled for a bit but the best i wound up with was freya+wulfdude+ a winged helm, which lets me regen 5% hp a turn for 3 turns. good for a tank.

Freya is good stuff. Give her MATK and SPD gear - the SPD stuff is so she gets the charm off in the arena before the other team gets to do it. Her damage output is pretty crazy too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how do you select your merc?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

how do you select your merc?

Either by pressing "go" from the cheevo list, or finding where it displays the people you're following and select mercs at the bottom. I used the first method myself, so I have no clue how to do it legit.

Edit: figured out the real way, On the left side of the main screen third button down is two hands shaking, this will take you to a list of people you follow with buttons on the right side. The last is Mercenary and that's where you change your mercenaries.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 4, 2017

Ludicrous G. Gibs
Jan 28, 2012

Drinks?
First roll was Lady Freya, Queen Hel and Ninja Momiji. Is that worth sticking with?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Did you do any subsequent summons yet? Freya is probably the best unit you can get in the first roll. I never rerolled so I don't remember how the process goes in terms of how many summons you get but reddit mentions it here. But yeah, Freya's a great magic unit. Momiji is a pretty good ranger for PVP arena used to take on any team that doesn't have a ranger guarding the mages.

Like I said, I never rerolled, and I started with Heimdall and got Thor/Freya within a week or two. Anyone rerolling should aim for Freya, Thor, and/or Gull. Heimdall was common enough for me afterwards that I think it's safe to start without him but I have heard people complain that they are level, like, 48 without getting him. In that scenario though you would gear up Skuld to act as a sort-of tank.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i got rolled into heimdall, hel, and i think harpy when i started, and i didnt know hel was a story drop, so i was like oh cool, a mage, noice

my team atm is loki/zato/hel/idun/momiji; i dont really have a rhyme or reason to it, except zato and loki destroy front line fighters together usually; idun buffs and the other two are just there. i don't have any of the other fancy units sadly, except luflit who is a 2* and i should work on her

e: actually the heroes i do have are weird, i dont remember picking up half of them

sage alviss, traveling trader corona, lancer sonia, hunting god hodr...

e2: from reading around it sounds like zato will own for a while to come because of his good stats and insane aesir deletion; outside of aesirs he still does good single target damage, so im v happy with that pull

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 4, 2017

Ludicrous G. Gibs
Jan 28, 2012

Drinks?

Clocks posted:

Did you do any subsequent summons yet? Freya is probably the best unit you can get in the first roll. I never rerolled so I don't remember how the process goes in terms of how many summons you get but reddit mentions it here. But yeah, Freya's a great magic unit. Momiji is a pretty good ranger for PVP arena used to take on any team that doesn't have a ranger guarding the mages.

Like I said, I never rerolled, and I started with Heimdall and got Thor/Freya within a week or two. Anyone rerolling should aim for Freya, Thor, and/or Gull. Heimdall was common enough for me afterwards that I think it's safe to start without him but I have heard people complain that they are level, like, 48 without getting him. In that scenario though you would gear up Skuld to act as a sort-of tank.

Those three came from my initial newbie support roll; I also got a Valkyrie Blade X or something like that, a fancy weapon for Skuld, so I've been using her as my frontliner. Later rolls didn't get me anything super amazing I think; Hunting God Hodr, Shrine Girl Sakura, Fairy Luflit, Thief Shiena, and so on.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Is there a racial chart anywhere that shows effectiveness and weaknesses and stuff? Also, I wish there were more sorting options when building a team like race and power level.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I don't think there are inherent weaknesses/strengths to being a certain race. I mean, kind of - like aesirs tend to be targeted by a lot more moves whereas dwarves get away scott free from those same moves because I can't think of a single skill that affects them. And of course some things like race requirements for equipment.

This list shows what race each hero is (and can be sorted if you have RES - reddit enhanced suite, an addon for your browser) and this list shows all the hero skills and notes if they target a specific race.

Aesirs: Freya, Skuld, Hel, Mani, Heimdall, Loki, Thrud, Gull, Idun, Thor, Baldr, Tyr, Vali, Hodr, Odin (aka all the common norse figures)
Beasts: Garm & Fenrir
Dwarves: Corona, Alviss, Niji (so two 1* heroes and the most recent golem one)
Elves: Lucio, Soara, Welver, Nadia, Shiena, Bertha (all of these are mediocre units that start as 1* / 2*)
Humans: Ranco, Fei Lang, Zato, Liesa, Sigurd, Sakura, Canon, Momiji, Senna
Jotun: Hrungnir, Thiazi, Surtr, Marmalade, Skadi, Wolfgang, Luflit, Sonia, Mele, Krozak

Clocks fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 4, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
yeah there's no flat boost/reduction like aesirs get +50% more damage from jotun or anything, but some units enjoy this buff (zato gets +50% more damage against aesir)

i wonder how much elemental defense modifies damage, zato has from what i can remember a moderately high dark defense for example

e: also bring on the dwarves, 3 units with 2 being baby's first unit is sad

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The weird part is that the orb event quest is Elf only. I happened to have 5 elves so I leveled them to 28 and took them in naked. The first one was predictably simple but they got humped badly by the second.
Why it's race restricted is anyone's guess. The stamina cost is pretty high - maybe the orbs are rare enough to warrant it?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Those quests aren't really worth it but when I joined there was an event that had 5x drops on orb quests. So then you could get like 5-15+ of each orb which is insane. Right now with the extra orb per regular mission you should just be grinding those instead.

My suggestion for orb quests is to friend/follow those lvl 50 top rank people, usually a few of them will put up an appropriate mercenary that can carry (or almost carry) the 3* quest.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i dunno if this is optimal but it sure feels like it, using the top 50 nerds to carry me through hero quests for all the diamonds and then spending quick tickets on the final mission for soul pieces seems to be the best way to early-game progress

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Clocks posted:

My suggestion for orb quests is to friend/follow those lvl 50 top rank people, usually a few of them will put up an appropriate mercenary that can carry (or almost carry) the 3* quest.

I thought of that but none of them had any elves.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Clocks posted:

and this list shows all the hero skills and notes if they target a specific race.

Aesirs: Freya, Skuld, Hel, Mani, Heimdall, Loki, Thrud, Gull, Idun, Thor, Baldr, Tyr, Vali, Hodr, Odin (aka all the common norse figures)
Beasts: Garm & Fenrir
Dwarves: Corona, Alviss, Niji (so two 1* heroes and the most recent golem one)
Elves: Lucio, Soara, Welver, Nadia, Shiena, Bertha (all of these are mediocre units that start as 1* / 2*)
Humans: Ranco, Fei Lang, Zato, Liesa, Sigurd, Sakura, Canon, Momiji, Senna
Jotun: Hrungnir, Thiazi, Surtr, Marmalade, Skadi, Wolfgang, Luflit, Sonia, Mele, Krozak

This is what I was looking for, thanks!

It seems like a lot of the characters special moves have some kind of bonus to attacking other races. Like Zato, for instance just eats through Heimdall because of his skill.

Skill: 250% Dark ATK damage to nearest enemy.
+50% damage bonus against Aesir

In pvp, I have to really start hand crafting a party to take on certain players depending on their party, in order to advance in rank. Even moreso Grand Arena.

I just wanted this list to see who was what and minimize any weaknesses I can, because it gets haaaaard to keep a low rank. I've been floating between 3200 and 3800. When I started my lowest was something stupid like 1077 or some poo poo, but that changed on me once my opponents started to plan teams more, rather than auto configuring them.

Ratzap posted:

The weird part is that the orb event quest is Elf only. I happened to have 5 elves so I leveled them to 28 and took them in naked. The first one was predictably simple but they got humped badly by the second.
Why it's race restricted is anyone's guess. The stamina cost is pretty high - maybe the orbs are rare enough to warrant it?

Once you start doing 4☆ and above you get showered in orbs. I bet they do this in order to get people to use resources leveling up lesser used characters. The race changes every so often, but the Elves are one of the least used races next to Beasts and Dwarves that have potentially more utility. Though the Dark Elves get used every now and again in pvp, but the others rarely are. :shrug:

I think it's partially because Fenrir is way better than Garm, and Corona was at the bottom of the tier list, though there aren't any abilities that directly affect Dwarves, I don't think.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 4, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
annnnnnd i just pulled my last beginner pull

got cannoneer canon and two (!!!) 3* equips, one the latent light bow, and the other another copy of twilight circlet

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Applied as friend

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Just got my last beginner pull, got 4x 3* pulls. This is nice.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
pulled baldr, hell yeah. got the dream team of baldr, luflit and heim

anyone know the status of shiesa? pulled her too and at first glance doesn't seem to have much

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My hero streak continues: I pulled Marmalade from the 4th try at hosting the event at 4*.

However, you don't actually get the char to use until you get 10 souls to unlock it. But she gets a soul quest so it's just a matter of time again.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Applied as Juno.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
So I went to download this from the Play store and it's saying it's not compatible with my Nexus 6 running Android 7. That... can't be right, right?

e: I did some searching and it's something with the newest version released, so there's that for you

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 6, 2017

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
Appleid as Candyleader

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Saved up 3k diamonds, wanted to try for some good gear, got Blutgang (62% atk twice with a 20% damage boost against aesir; hi zato), Winged Helm (5% regen of max hp; hi heim) and lady freya (hi arena)

good pull

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

pulled baldr, hell yeah. got the dream team of baldr, luflit and heim

anyone know the status of shiesa? pulled her too and at first glance doesn't seem to have much
You actually don't want to use Luflit and Heim at the same time since barrier effects overwrite each other. Shiesa is mediocre, or at least, I have not heard much of her. Presumably other units do what she does better, so I'd focus on your other units first.

Saved up 3k diamonds, wanted to try for some good gear, got Blutgang (62% atk twice with a 20% damage boost against aesir; hi zato), Winged Helm (5% regen of max hp; hi heim) and lady freya (hi arena)
That helm is great on Heim if you have him! I would not recommend doing plain 3k diamond pulls though, I would wait for star party (once every month or two) or a 3-step pull (6500 diamonds total) because they tend to guarantee certain pulls. That's a good pull though, for sure.

The guild is actually currently full (ie. more people requested than there are spots). I am not sure how Kabuki wants to handle it. Since guilds can only hold 20 people at a time we would probably want another extra guild anyway given the interest.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Clocks posted:

You actually don't want to use Luflit and Heim at the same time since barrier effects overwrite each other. Shiesa is mediocre, or at least, I have not heard much of her. Presumably other units do what she does better, so I'd focus on your other units first.

That helm is great on Heim if you have him! I would not recommend doing plain 3k diamond pulls though, I would wait for star party (once every month or two) or a 3-step pull (6500 diamonds total) because they tend to guarantee certain pulls. That's a good pull though, for sure.

It was actually off of the 3* gear guaranteed thing, I was really aiming for the helm or blutgang since i think the top dudes have that on their shared unit (I remember some dudes skuld double tapping a boss for insane damage)!

I did not know about the barrier effects overriding though, that's a shame. I guess Baldr / Heim / Idun would be better for a core then

My problem is I have too many units that I'm fairly sure are good; Freya, Loki, Heim, Idun, Baldr, Luflit, Zato, Hel, Canon is ranked higher than Momiji, but I have both...

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 6, 2017

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

It was actually off of the 3* gear guaranteed thing, I was really aiming for the helm or blutgang since i think the top dudes have that on their shared unit (I remember some dudes skuld double tapping a boss for insane damage)!

I did not know about the barrier effects overriding though, that's a shame. I guess Baldr / Heim / Idun would be better for a core then

My problem is I have too many units that I'm fairly sure are good; Freya, Loki, Heim, Idun, Baldr, Luflit, Zato, Hel, Canon is ranked higher than Momiji, but I have both...

I have all those except Momiji and going by my experience you'd probably be best like this:

Chapters: Heim, Loki, Zato, Freya, Baldr

Arena: Heim, Loki, Zato, Freya, Hel (or Canon) - Loki and Freya want at least one item with SPD. Do unto others first etc

I have Luflit at 4* now and even in the arena where she's supposed to shine, the other units do better (more reliable against many make ups).

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I've made an overflow called SÖMTHINGSMÖRGÅS.

The first person that applies will become the Jarl and can manage the guild as they see fit. I've invited Juno and Candyleader, but I don't know if I have to deny your smorboll app requests or not. If the invites don't work or something, just drop a message here and I'll try to fix it.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 6, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ratzap posted:

I have all those except Momiji and going by my experience you'd probably be best like this:

Chapters: Heim, Loki, Zato, Freya, Baldr

Arena: Heim, Loki, Zato, Freya, Hel (or Canon) - Loki and Freya want at least one item with SPD. Do unto others first etc

I have Luflit at 4* now and even in the arena where she's supposed to shine, the other units do better (more reliable against many make ups).

neat, i'll give it a shot. thanks

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I got 3 sr's from my beginner summon. Am i better off just spending some diamonds on gear for a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Wezlar posted:

I got 3 sr's from my beginner summon. Am i better off just spending some diamonds on gear for a bit?

I wouldn't worry too much about gear early on. Sell your coppers, stockpile silver and gold gear, fuse character specific gear if you can. I only spent 200k mana max to get gear when I had a surplus of 400k or more, just because I always wanted to make sure I had the spare mana to level, fuse and upgrade materials as needed. Be more conservative with your diamonds for when summon events happen. The first 10 or so chapters of the quest mode is fairly smooth sailing (even moreso if you have any combo of heim, freya, thor, gull, hel).

I wouldn't spend diamonds on gear summons until you have a few purple, 4-5☆ characters. By that time, it's the little things that make the biggest difference and you'll NEED certain gear items to stand a chance in pvp.

• Locked thread