Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
this game is extremely good; i posted about it in the android thread but the freebies they give do add up; i came back to almost 5k in IAP after only a month and a half of break, which was a roll and a half of the 10-pull gacha

i pulled loki and the new dark knight dude, which owns because his aesir hitting trait allows me to royally screw people who frontline heimdall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i got rolled into heimdall, hel, and i think harpy when i started, and i didnt know hel was a story drop, so i was like oh cool, a mage, noice

my team atm is loki/zato/hel/idun/momiji; i dont really have a rhyme or reason to it, except zato and loki destroy front line fighters together usually; idun buffs and the other two are just there. i don't have any of the other fancy units sadly, except luflit who is a 2* and i should work on her

e: actually the heroes i do have are weird, i dont remember picking up half of them

sage alviss, traveling trader corona, lancer sonia, hunting god hodr...

e2: from reading around it sounds like zato will own for a while to come because of his good stats and insane aesir deletion; outside of aesirs he still does good single target damage, so im v happy with that pull

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 4, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
yeah there's no flat boost/reduction like aesirs get +50% more damage from jotun or anything, but some units enjoy this buff (zato gets +50% more damage against aesir)

i wonder how much elemental defense modifies damage, zato has from what i can remember a moderately high dark defense for example

e: also bring on the dwarves, 3 units with 2 being baby's first unit is sad

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i dunno if this is optimal but it sure feels like it, using the top 50 nerds to carry me through hero quests for all the diamonds and then spending quick tickets on the final mission for soul pieces seems to be the best way to early-game progress

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
annnnnnd i just pulled my last beginner pull

got cannoneer canon and two (!!!) 3* equips, one the latent light bow, and the other another copy of twilight circlet

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
pulled baldr, hell yeah. got the dream team of baldr, luflit and heim

anyone know the status of shiesa? pulled her too and at first glance doesn't seem to have much

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Saved up 3k diamonds, wanted to try for some good gear, got Blutgang (62% atk twice with a 20% damage boost against aesir; hi zato), Winged Helm (5% regen of max hp; hi heim) and lady freya (hi arena)

good pull

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Clocks posted:

You actually don't want to use Luflit and Heim at the same time since barrier effects overwrite each other. Shiesa is mediocre, or at least, I have not heard much of her. Presumably other units do what she does better, so I'd focus on your other units first.

That helm is great on Heim if you have him! I would not recommend doing plain 3k diamond pulls though, I would wait for star party (once every month or two) or a 3-step pull (6500 diamonds total) because they tend to guarantee certain pulls. That's a good pull though, for sure.

It was actually off of the 3* gear guaranteed thing, I was really aiming for the helm or blutgang since i think the top dudes have that on their shared unit (I remember some dudes skuld double tapping a boss for insane damage)!

I did not know about the barrier effects overriding though, that's a shame. I guess Baldr / Heim / Idun would be better for a core then

My problem is I have too many units that I'm fairly sure are good; Freya, Loki, Heim, Idun, Baldr, Luflit, Zato, Hel, Canon is ranked higher than Momiji, but I have both...

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 6, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ratzap posted:

I have all those except Momiji and going by my experience you'd probably be best like this:

Chapters: Heim, Loki, Zato, Freya, Baldr

Arena: Heim, Loki, Zato, Freya, Hel (or Canon) - Loki and Freya want at least one item with SPD. Do unto others first etc

I have Luflit at 4* now and even in the arena where she's supposed to shine, the other units do better (more reliable against many make ups).

neat, i'll give it a shot. thanks

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
first pull didnt get me the new hero, but did get me gullveig and moon god along with a ton of souls for existing heros

also i managed to break into top 3500 arena for whatever group im in, so thats goooooood poo poo

e: should i be using stamina to clear all the level 3 hero quests every day or host connect battles....

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 8, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
thanks!

also my second 10pull got me a 3* armor for momiji annnnd a bunch of souls for mani, but otherwise nothing to write home about. if i grind out connect battles and get that 50 diamond bonus for the rest of them + finish hero quests + the story i could probably get two more 10 pulls and get guaranteed alchemist

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im rolling canon/freya/zato/loki/heim at the moment and its working really well, but im at that point where its mostly spending my energy to farm orbs, which is a bit grindy, and i can't really progress in arena/garena until this gets done

they toss energy at you constantly though so its not too bad

re: equipment, i am almost at cap with various bits and bobs that ive been fusing together as i get copies, but haven't really been leveling any of it; is it worthwhile to toss the 1* equips, even if i've gotten them to 3 or 4* already, as exp?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Clocks posted:

You can buy +5 equipment spaces for 10k mana each. I would actually suggest against reforging most 1* items since even at higher * level they are not very good. You should fuse them into diamond equips that you have to make equipment stronger. This page might help you figure out what to do with most 1* mana summons.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
my thumb hovered over the buy diamonds button for this 7pull before i checked the thread, ty clocks

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im in the main guild but is there a way to unlock more slots? overflow guilds rarely work out and i dont want people to quit playing because of the main/sub guild status

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Pulled a heretic ring which is a flat 5% per level damage boost to aesir

I think the game is telling me to slap every single heimdall I come across in arena

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I finally beat Surtr and the main story. All that's left is to purple my guys and grind those hero tokens...

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

pixaal posted:

What's the last chapter?

Chapter 20; the big bad boss of 20-5 is Surtr, and its just him. The problem is beating him in the time alloted, since he has a very fat health bar.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Ugh I won't be able to get the First Timer Reset stuff until later in February. rip

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Clocks posted:

What else... oh yeah, four times a day, we will get either stamina or diamonds in our mail box that expires within an hour. This happens at 2am/pm and 8am/pm PST, 5am/pm and 11am/pm EST.
Connects are kind of challenging. So are the new story chapters. And player level raised to 55. Dangit, I was 48, excited to hit 50. Guess I'll just have to keep progressing. :3:

This is great news. I'm probably gonna toss $50 or so bucks to this game, I've been playing f2p for several months now (minus the $3 stamina thing for the month)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Finally polished off my Vidofnir, now I can actually use him...kind of. Still need to 4* him

I don't even care how useful he is, looks cool

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Vidofnir at 70/100 scoring on the rank list is a little sad, dude looks cool

I'm so close to 5* my Canon and my Heim, just need 10 more apiece....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
yall can go ahead and make room by booting me, haven't logged in for a few days

• Locked thread