Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I don't see anyone in the overflow guild. If a bunch of people are waiting in pubbie guilds we should probably move over. Currently level 26.

As far as interesting stuff from free diamonds.

Canon, Zato, Hel, Baldr, Heim is my current team for everything so I have something to focus on.
I just pulled Thor and thinking of replacing Zato based on general pubbie opinion but based on this thread it sounds like Zato is really good for arena. I need to ditch Baldr healing hasn't proved to be that useful (I'm sure it's nice in harder connects).

Other 3*s
Loki, Fei Lang
Other Magic
Luflit, Sakura, 1*s everyone has.

I assume another banner will happen at some point and I should hold my diamonds for that. I'd really like a Freya especially when my team is mostly still blue getting on to purple and all still 3* so there isn't a huge regrind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Just accepted some apps to the 2nd guild and made candyleader Jarl. You're captain of the ship now, friend!

The guild message was something I did at the beginning to help level the guild. Now that we are at capacity, I can change it to whatever.

I was in a pubbie guild because it looked abandoned can someone accept me now? (Pancakemonster).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

baram. posted:

tap your portrait in the top left of the main screen and you can change it there.

i pulled the new char last night on stage 1 and got a heimdall alongside. today i got loki who i already had a 3* weapon for. main chars i'm aiming for now are niji/luflit/momoji since they seem like top chars for the arena.

gonna host a bunch of the mermaid event when agdq starts to try and get a shard.

once you get one shard of event heroes like this you can then get the rest from the hero quest to unlock them, but you can only get the shards to drop from being the host of the connect battle.

You can also buy a shard for 1000 Boss tokens that you get for doing damage. If you join connect battles all day it's pretty doable. Though the armor / weapons tend to be really powerful and useful for other characters.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ratzap posted:

The new sky whale turned out pretty easy to get. I hosted 1 through 3 of the connects then the first 4* I hosted dropped the soul. Unlocking it will take ages if the mermaid is anything to go by (she's still 9/10).

The bow for 1000 whale points looks worth farming up too. I might see if I can get a 2nd bikini before the mermaid event ends.

Mostly though I need to strip all my heroes and spend time with the horrible UI to mash up a set of super gear. There's no remove all button so I guess I have a lot of screen pressing to look forward to.

You can select gear another character is wearing, it will ask you if you are sure you want to take it off. If you want to just mass sell the stuff you can do this all from a single character and it will keep taking off whatever is currently equip and steal the item from the other person. It's a bit quicker than going to every character.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Fenris13 posted:

I am running it on multiple devices, I think you just have to log in to there own ingame system before you can sync data, it is under options and upload data.

Has anyone been playing this for more than a month or so, I am concerned about the flow of currency once you run out of the initial flood of free stuff. It seems like you get 300 diamonds a week from logging in, and another 30 a day from the daily quests, so about 6 weeks to do a single 10 pull, much longer for any of the step gatchas.

Arena gives you diamonds for your rank.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

I actually started playing this on release, just took a month long break decemberish until goon interest made me pick it up again. Currency definitely becomes scarcer but until now I was always able to pull at least a few times on interesting events. Got Christmas Mani on my first xmas pull, got alchemy lady on my first current pull, was able to pull a second time and also able to pull twice on the star party somewhere in between. I'd say as soon as you settle in it's okay but a bit formulaic. Do all your dailies, spend the rest of your stamina on advancing 5-15 heroes (cannot decide wether I want to actively strengthen my Grand Arena team or just give up on this timesink) and grab all the connect battles you see.
I'm not sure but I think the majority of premium came from clearing the refreshing connect battles and apology mail. It absolutely slows down but imo the gacha is generous enough that everyone should have a strong lineup until then. After that it's just a matter of how long you're able to suffer the grind. There's still not much actual content/reason to strengthen your heroes besides Arena.

I'll try again with the data sharing. I was scared to overwrite my current data with a new one by 'uploading' a fresh install.

When you first login on a clean I stall it asks you to sync data or import data. You do NOT upload on a new file. You went too far and need to uninstall and reinstall. On the device you want to have the other file. Upload from the device you want to backup the save from.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Grand Arena adds a good bit. You really only need 2 solid teams for it since you only need to win 2 battles, but a 3rd good team will be useful at high levels of play when you have 15 guys maxed out they need to beat your meta 3 times.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Incy posted:

So this game just flat out doesn't work on a lot of phones, then? I've tried my pixel, galaxy s5something and an old iphone and none of them seem to actually load the game, instead sitting on a blank screen. Is there a common workaround I'm missing?

It does work on an old galaxy s4 though!

Seems to have high compatibility with tablets and low with phones. Are you rooted by chance? I tried it with several android emulators and anything with root it did not like. Runs fine in Nox, Memu, Bluestacks, and Droid4x.

You probably want this on the go, but an emulator friendly game is always a bonus for when you want to spend stam at home since it can be so much faster also being able to hotkey everything can be really nice depending on game (not so much here unless you are switching rooms hunting for connects while watching TV).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ratzap posted:

Going through my gear and distilling one "best" set for the 6 chars I use for arena/connect/quest took longer than anticipated. It also cost about 4M mana to do all the reforging (and occasional summon to get more fodder) but it doesn't half pay off. My arena team value went from 51k to over 64k.

And that's with only 2 pieces of 5* gear and nothing over L20 (I preferred to get everything to mid teens than focus on a couple of items). The motto of this story is do not neglect your equipment or it's drag your team down.

You need 2-3 arena teams for Grand Arena (you need 3 teams best of 2 each guy can only be on 1 team). It gets expensive after around level 10-15 on gear so you want enough to put stuff on 15 guys at level 10+. After that you want to have a best team for normal arena and level that stuff evenly, when that gets really expensive go back and level your B/C teams a bit.

You will want the other guys for some of the harder connects and content that aren't out yet. The game really wants you to have more than just the core 5-7 guys you main leveled up. It will pay in the long run, but short run it will pay off more to give your core a big lead. Just don't go too hard and start using unique hero items as feed even if it's for heroes you don't think you'd main because you "have better". Meta can also change don't make it hard on yourself later.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ratzap posted:

Don't overdo it is reasonable advice for most things.

I've been playing for 10 days now. I have 39 heroes, 11 4* and the rest all 3*. 6 are purple, 14 blue with the remainder green. With the orb thing finished, gear is the easiest way to improve for people starting out like me. I started at a pretty opportune moment to be fair with all the freebies and bonuses. All I really need to do is switch one hero to get from quest to arena/connect setup so getting a strong core group makes most sense. Grand area is easy to win this way too. The core group is team one and since most people seem to invariably have a lovely third team I put my next best there with some 1 or 2* leftover gear. Getting more of everything will happen over time, especially seeing how slow the hero quests seem to be at giving souls. By the time I have enough heroes purple to make a serious move on grand arena, I'll also have a big pile of new gear for them.

There are always people that go I don't have Thor! Let me use Mjolner for some other weapons XP! With all the free diamonds everyone should have Thor at some point. Being too short sighted is bad. Also selling stuff if you intend to be F2P for blacksmith tokens is a good idea. Even if you are throwing money at the game it can be a good idea you can pick and chose diamond only items as they come up for sale.They good stuff is pretty expensive.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ratzap posted:

Yes you can. You just need the relevant skill item, it doesn't have to be the same star rating like reforge bits do but lower quality ones mean you get a less than 100% chance (and thus need more of them to ensure success). The skill increasing items seem to be pretty scarce so choose wisely.

Pretty sure it goes off base rarity of the item too so upgrading to try and upgrade a skill further wont help. Getting to skill level 4 is pretty easy and you can fuse multiple to up the chance. It's either 2 or 3 items to get a 10% chance of skill up to level 5.

You should rank up (get the gear to 5*) before getting the skill level up. Skill up gear is a thing and 2*/3* gear is rare enough that getting dupes should be made into getting them more powerful. If there is a shared skill (2* gear where 1* has the same ability) you can use the 1* gear to also skill it up. Things with unique skills are just too powerful to skill up over rank up. That is what you want to spend the blacksmithing skill up daggers on. You will get plenty from mana pulls over time. 5* skill 1 gear is better than 4* skill 4 gear. If you get another piece after you have a 5* you can either start working on a second one or start skilling up by the time you have gotten enough to 5* anything rare you should have a good idea of what you are doing or you are whaling really hard and will get it again anyway.

Accessories are a bit different due to the passive buff being pretty drat strong and increasing pretty nicely. Remember you can only get +50% passive and +50 buff to each stat which is 2 5* 5 skill of the same item. You also need to actually shove these on your guys and they are kind of rare but some you only need a few of. Remember you need 10 guys for grand arena (well 15, but until yo are really late you can get by with 10 much better).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Radish posted:

I have this same question. I have about 5k crystals left and it looks like the only thing to really spend them on are the random draws. Should I just blow them now or are there events that I should be saving them for in the future?

The star events (or whatever they are called) where you can get some of the really rare guys and they only drop from that (like Odin) are what you likely want to blow all your diamonds on if you have a good set right now. If you still need a solid core team you should do pulls because a good arena rank pays in diamonds.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Was progress supposed to reset? I was on around 30 last night because I was up at midnight and went to bed and it's back to 1. Maybe it reset at the 4AM roll over and wasn't supposed to be up at midnight? Or maybe it resets daily. Or maybe a bug, I can't find any info on it does anyone know.

edit: I should refresh before posting, post above me covered this

pixaal fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 16, 2017

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ratzap posted:

I got all my heroes to blue as a minimum now but it's the promotions I'm missing. Hero quests are not being kind and my 3 stars just don't stand a chance against all 5s.

Friend the top players using the crown on the left side of the home page, crush 3 teams with a solo Thor every 10 hours, up to 6 if you can get onto a new floor since that resets the merc count!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

boy are my arms tired posted:

I finally beat Surtr and the main story. All that's left is to purple my guys and grind those hero tokens...

What's the last chapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I assume this 50% off pull is worth it, but are the New Year skins worth getting?

• Locked thread