Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bull3964 posted:

The real issue is 2018. If he can rally his base with statements like these and win elections for people that will do what he wants in Congress, there's really no end to the rules that could potentially be
rewritten with congressional support.

He just extremely failed to do this in Alabama, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

FWIW I enjoyed Robin Thede's show last night.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

haveblue posted:

He failed to get the guy he endorsed but he doesn't really know what he's doing and the guy that won is more on his side anyway, so I wouldn't really say Alabama was a failure.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yeah, it's not as though Alabama is presenting and "good" options here. Just Bad and Worse, and I'm not sure which is which.

bull3964 posted:

He can't right now. But it's not comforting that the head of the FCC won't condemn his statements.

The head of the FCC is one of his corporate swamp monster cronies who used to work for Verizon and wants to kill net neutrality, of course he won't.

raditts fucked around with this message at Oct 14, 2017 around 15:21

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I have saws for hands and am given to whimsy.

haveblue posted:

Don't be fooled by the surface optics. Alabama Republicans voted for the Trumpiest candidate possible, while Trump basically sabotaged the stump speech for the eventual loser (Mitch McConnell's guy) by flat-out saying he didn't really give a poo poo either way and hadn't even met the guy. And then setting fire to the NFL, so nobody even remembered what the hell he was even doing there by the next morning.

«10 »