Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Steve Vader posted:

Jon is on Colbert tonight, apparently.

It was a really good bit IMO. I miss him a lot, as I'm sure we all do. I think Trevor's doing as good a job as he can, and he's getting better, but obviously Stewart would have been great to have around over the last few months.

I liked Hassan's segment last night too.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Great interview tonight, but horrible sketch by Roy Wood. Black twitter is awesome, but there are more insane racist shitlords and Macedonian fake-news spreaders on twitter than black people. Twitter must be destroyed.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

IRQ posted:

Trevor's "when should black people protest" piece was really really good.

That was really good. It's a shame so much of what he's done and said lately has been so lovely. I really didn't like his "Bernie Bros cost Clinton the election" joke tonight. That poo poo gets really old.

IRQ posted:

If Larry could murder Bill Maher in the thunderdome and take his show I think we'd really have something.

Now you're talking.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SyRauk posted:

I'm not sure I really understand what The Opposition is going for. He'll start tackling some popular news subject of the day and then devolve into absolute nonsense instead of driving some hard hitting facts about that subject. Meh.

I'm enjoying it so far, although I haven't seen tonight's episode. I like the premise of it being a big spoof of Alex Jones and the rest of the alt-right, but like most folks who've seen it, I'm sure, I'm wondering how long they can keep it interesting. It's not as much material to work with as Colbert had with the broader right-wing media.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

IRQ posted:

Oh god I had blocked out my memory of those idiots. They were all just so painfully unfunny.

Ricky Velez was easily the worst, although Mike Yard was also kind of an anti-intellectual shitlord. I liked Grace Parra, Jordan Carlos, and Robin Thede, though.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hassan's piece tonight was, um, not well thought-out.:uggh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hi, Trevor? Yeah, no, the fact that Trump is pretending to support some gun control measures isn't because he's been swayed by the words of the shooting survivors. He's doing what he's been doing with DACA for months, ie: pretending to support a sane position, making dumb people like you believe that he's turning a corner, and then pulling a 180.

• Locked thread