Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fog Tripper posted:

This show is pretty unfunny, and even I thought Stewart was funny even though I am conservative. It's simply a steaming pile now.

mlyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I like the idea that Trevor goes home at night and watches his own show.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Imagine if The Nightly Show was the best we could hope for in terms of post-Colbert TDS spinoffs.
I would like to see Larry have a show somewhere else though, maybe with a longer show that doesn't come on every day so the panel thing could actually have a chance of working. I imagine he would have a lot to say about the way things have been going since he got cancelled.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

yes, the problem most people have with trump is merely that he is a "guy we don't like"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Guys there aren't enough laffs in this waking existential nightmare, what can we do about that

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

jojoinnit posted:

Hey guy I was arguing with earlier: I just tried the latest episode of the Jim Jefferies show and I think it might be what you're looking for. He doesn't preach, he pretty much just riffs on one segment of current news without downplaying its seriousness and then take a look at something else happening in the world and its never stupid or unfunny.

(To reiterate, I'm reviewing the most recent one, Oct 10th and haven't really seen a full ep before just they occasional thing on YouTube)

If you make it your only political themed show and since it airs once I week I think you should give it a shot.

Desus & Mero seems like the best option for people that want to watch someone tell them news headlines and say funny things about them without that whole pesky "addressing the issues" part.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, it's not as though Alabama is presenting and "good" options here. Just Bad and Worse, and I'm not sure which is which.

bull3964 posted:

He can't right now. But it's not comforting that the head of the FCC won't condemn his statements.

The head of the FCC is one of his corporate swamp monster cronies who used to work for Verizon and wants to kill net neutrality, of course he won't.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 14, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Bruceski posted:

There is good and bad pizza of all kinds, and the bad pizzas of different kinds gets bad in different ways so that's gonna put different people off. There is a pizza out there for everyone, even the pineapple weirdos.

Deep dish doesn't deserve to be called pizza, as it more resembles a garbage can made of dough and filled with vomit

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Echo Chamber posted:

http://www.thirdmonthmania.com/

The Fox News stuff probably deserves to win. Because gently caress Hannity.

But I want to see The Daily Show's writers grapple with their audience choosing Rachel Maddow's tax scoop or Pelosi's Wall Street money comment as the ultimate victor.

There was no way the Rachel Maddow thing was going to beat the Paul Ryan tweet.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Wyatt has a new show? What's it called? I thought he was still doing that People of Earth show.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Echo Chamber posted:

Last night's TDS was pretty good.

Episodes where Trevor doesn't have to talk much directly about Drumpf or US politics are often much better.

To be fair to Trevor, poo poo gets so much more insane with every passing day that it's hard not to talk about whatever he hosed up in the past 24-48 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

jojoinnit posted:

I can't believe this thread is so dead that the host can have a minor scandal without it even being posted. Is it Trevor or is this just the wrong show for our Brave New World?

I imagine I'd probably be sick of Jon Stewart too if he were still doing it, but the oversaturation of "comedians taking on the news" shows and the fact that satire has been brutally murdered by the absurdity of everyday reality are definitely contributing factors.

• Locked thread