Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

But as I said, I don't think Jon wouldn't have viewed Obama's $400k speaking fees as "how dare the first black president get paid after leaving office!" like Trevor did. He could be elitist, but he was definitely a cynic when it came to people in government doing nakedly awful things.
I mean, there appears to be at least a number of African Americans that sees the sudden liberal media furor as a slap to the face. And I get it. It's perfectly fine, or at least not worth any concern, for former Presidents and other elite to make tons of money from taking speaking fees until the only black President does it? Same with the thinkpieces about how Obama is living the life of a rich man following his departure from office even though all 42 of the guys who preceded him were pretty drat well to do themselves.

Hell, it's telling that "earns tons of money from giving speeches to people willing to pay for them" only became a serious political problem after a woman benefited from that trough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread