Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

banned from Starbucks posted:

hes worse than 3 wars and trillions lost?

Time will tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SyRauk posted:

Guest quality has dramatically gone up and is getting less fluff but Stewart was also plagued with that poo poo early on as well.

It's a different show and has been with Trevor from day one. But it's also been pretty good since day one.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Well it was definitely quiet this week because there were no new shows this week, only clip shows. When there are new episodes there are usually a few posts.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Echo Chamber posted:

Black Twitter is the only redeeming part of Twitter.

The rest is either an alt-right/gamergate shithole or white Hillary supporters and white Bernie supporters fighting over who's more woke.

Twitter is what you make of it. I use it primarily to follow sports and friends and it's great for that.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
His last special was a lot of talk about American politics and I guess he's continuing with that.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I think you should leave your dad alone. He's set in his ways and someone that watches Fox News on a regular basis isn't interested in the daily show or what they have to say and will just rebut anything the daily show says with misinformation from a more "reputable" (to them) source.

Just don't talk politics and enjoy that relationship with your dad.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'm as far left as the come and pointing out that the violence by antifa is "the wrong thing to do" is not a problem at all. I don't see where the daily show hosed up here.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
It's some old stand-up comedy clip because nothing says "I am actually in support of something" like joking about it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'm not seeing a "blue lives matter" angle there. I'm seeing a "if you charge police with weapons what do you expect" angle.

It was also 5 years ago and in South Africa for a South African audience so I'd consider context.

Or I guess one could just talk poo poo too.

He wasn't saying they deserved it. He wasn't saying the police were right in what they did. He was criticizing the people asking why it happened the way it happened because really, what do you loving expect?

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 3, 2017

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Oh Snapple! posted:

Yeah because the issue was that he wasn't defending antifa, not that he decided to punch down towards the front-line defense against loving nazis.

If our front-line defense against loving nazis is represented by people who randomly sucker-punch people and break windows for funsies I think we can do better.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Oh Snapple! posted:

Man if "Jones and Bee objectively opposed their school integrating" is unhinged to you, I don't know what the hell.

They opposed moving where their kid goes to school, not school integration, you loving muppet.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Oh Snapple! posted:

...a move that was being made to integrate schools.

Good God you're special.

And they opposed the moving the school part not the integration part.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Yep. Unhinged vendetta.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Phi230 posted:

tevor noah had a 5 minute long standup bit about killing striking miners

His bit was about how that incident was covered in the international press and about how there was more nuance to it than "killing striking miners"

He was also not saying that killing the miners was the right thing to do, it was more like "of course they killed the miners, what did you loving expect?"

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

haveblue posted:

He just extremely failed to do this in Alabama, so there's that.

He failed to get the guy he endorsed but he doesn't really know what he's doing and the guy that won is more on his side anyway, so I wouldn't really say Alabama was a failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
The nightly show was loving awful and the opposition’s gimmick has worn really thin.

• Locked thread