Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Polygynous posted:

I assume it was deliberate but still, what the gently caress.
Yeah, felt like an ARG/viral thing where they try to make it seem like someone hacked the feed. Something to do with Russia and the president.

Edit: it listed a site:
http://www.thepresidentshow.ru
(registered by Viacom, spoilers!)
redirects to a twitter account in russian

Lemme guess, they want people to follow this account, thinking he will leak stuff like the piss tape, then on Saturday (April Fool's Day), they prank everyone.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

If you don't like what political comedy has become you might be a white supremacist
Jeff Foxworthy trying out some new material, I see.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

jojoinnit posted:

Trump is ramping up tensions with North Korea! *makes clown face and goes bloopety*

Politics is a little unnerving right now. What the Daily Show under Jon did best was to sometimes put away the comedy and just be informative, and these successor shows are trying to follow that mold. You want it all to be funnier but I really don't see what that should translate into while still being informative.
Yeah, at this point all we really have is gallows humor. A little chuckle as real lives and rights are going in the shitter.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 12, 2017

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

PicklePants posted:

The panel was.. usually the worst. Sometimes they'd have on great guests, but no one every got time to really say anything. A snippet here, and there, and boom. Moving on. And some people just had trash opinions, and there wasn't enough time to really refute those ideas. They they had on good guests, they never had enough time to really explain. It was just too short of a segment to be of any good.
The panel about space featuring Neil deGrasse Tyson and two idiot comedians was one of the frustrating things to watch and completely turned me off to the show. It was actively hurting the cause of science/knowledge to air that garbage.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

IRQ posted:

Is this something other than him taking poo poo for calling the french soccer team african?
Uh, probably this story about him making racist jokes about Aboriginal women being ugly:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-26/trevor-noah-refuses-to-apologise-for-joke-about-indigenous-women/10038876

The Daily Show hasn't been relevant since Jon Stewart now that there's so many other political shows out there that don't have this walking PR timebomb attached to them. Even after repeatedly checking back in with his show over the months/years, Trevor still never clicked with me. I don't know why they decided to go with him in the first place.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Propaganda Machine posted:

And he doesn't defend it, at least.
Er...

The Article I posted:

Asked if he would apologise for any hurt caused, Noah said: "Well, my question is, how many times will people ask for the same thing?

"This is a thing I realised ... as a comedian, you are going to make jokes that some people like and some people don't like.

"I always go back to intention. If you are trying to hurt people, then you would carry on doing the joke. If you are not trying to hurt people, then you don't do the joke ... you change the joke to work.

While Noah said he was "always glad" to look back on old material and say goodbye to jokes that might now be considered offensive, he also said that he "understands how outrage works".

"What I mean is people don't generally want to listen or understand from their side," he said.

"They go, 'no, we are angry', and regardless of how many times you speak about the thing, they still want to be angry."
He didn't apologize, he just kinda said "people gotta grow thicker skin." I guess you could argue that through what he said there, he's implying that he would no longer say that particular joke, but he's not speaking in specifics. The article says that only after someone contacted him on Twitter did he decide to stop telling the joke. He's being very wishy-washy to get out of admitting fault.

And come on, what loving planet do you come from where you don't innately realize that making fun of a race of people for being ugly is inappropriate? "Oh, I guess some people with other value systems think that's racist! I still don't, but I'll stop making the joke!" It's like he didn't really learn anything.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 26, 2018

• Locked thread