Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i'm gonna cut my ear off for thsi game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

GulagDolls posted:

lynch green so we dont paint a stupid field or something

but with green we could also paint money

Infinitum posted:

Not orange... But orange you glad I didn't say banana?

:yeah:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

we should paint a snowy picture cause it's snowing right now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

hey man, I want to paint snow!!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Call me Ishmael and I'll be back later tonight. Love you all

##vote ishmael

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

maybe someone more versed in religion and especially religious history can come and educate but uh

i'm pretty sure abraham was a notorious member of the mafia, and therefore his son should also be

case closed

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

Hi I'm Sara I'm excited to be here in loving town-aligned again boooooooring.

I assume flavor matters so we shouldn't reveal what color we are?

I would agree that this is probably the case yeah

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Shapes and colors? This is mafia art not baby einstein mafia

no one is going to confuse this with baby einstein mafia if you're in the game

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

GulagDolls posted:

murder ssv immediately, so we can get to painting

but ssv's avatar is glorious purple

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I think that claiming now is potentially bad for us knowing tobbs and his weird roles, and counter claiming colors is probably meaningless alignment wise as we don't know if they are unique or not

that said if people really want to try and break the game I guess I will follow along

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I still don't get the appeal of trying to break and trivialize things

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

can we just skip to the part where we turbo you instead ##vote infinitum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

you reeeeally want people to claim huh

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

got some chores tonight posted:

should i counterclaim the person who claimed my colour

chores asked if he should counterclaim, and bird at least has said he has reason to believe colors may not be unique

i am the bird posted:

Based on my pm, colors are not unique and claiming cannot break the game like in that open set-up game. What I cannot figure out is whether it helps scum to know people's colors or not.

which I agree with, and I don't entirely buy that you actually think bird is fishing for info here, especially after you've been pushing for chores to counter and pushing bird for info

ssv feels that mass claiming would only let us pick colors we like to mix with no benefit, but that doesn't necessarily mean no one would get a benefit from knowing.

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel like all mass claiming would do.is let us pick our favourite colours to make by mixing. Without knowing what effects mixing has, we don't benefit from it.

Infinitum posted:

If other colours claim it helps us all out

how?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I do not know what mixing colors would actually do

sure sounds like you got a pm different from the rest of us

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

not asking you to trust me, just saying I agree with bird

do you have an actual reason claiming would help the town

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Anything else you'd like to rolefish Mr.Not-A-Colour?

you using the word rolefish is cute

I dunno what bird or you have in your pms, but it actually would "help" me as well. it's just that I don't know in what way, and if we get benefits from knowing, scum probably get the same

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

lol

I'm not giving you info about my role.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yeah

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

That's wrong, but OK.

well I'm convinced

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

are you under the assumption that colors are town? serious question

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I, for one, would be shocked if the game 'Mafiart', in which a non player will be drawing night actions, had things other than colors in it

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

all colors are town players and town players are only colors, you heard it here first folks

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

mods please rename the thread 'color mafia'

mods???

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

I don't know if Inf is scum based on his assumptions. I think they're just bad assumptions.

My counter-assumptions to Inf:

1) there are more than colors in the game
2) I don't think colors are inherently town, nor non-colors inherently scum
3) one potential scum mechanic might be, in fact, to mix and create bad colors or ruin paint or whatever

possibly not, but I feel like inf knows better than to have such narrow minded assumptions in the first place

not sure if that's pushing him an agenda or what

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

I think all of these people should comment on this current conversation:

AR
Moat
Gulag
RF
Asiina
Peramene

esp Moat and RF because both made dodgy statements about claiming and have basically disappeared, but I will say that half of the thread is currently not talking and that's a big bummer

to be fair to inf, this is probably the only reason what he's said bugged me

literally no one else has said anything

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

I never said ONLY colours could be town.

I said it made sense that colours would be town.

Stop putting words into my mouth Stickup.

based on the pm I have (and maybe the one bird has?), there are 'bad' colors out there. in the face of that, and other people telling you that there are other town roles, just felt like you were dismissing things a little too readily

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

##unvote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

asiina has done even less this game than moat or chores

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Funny that you'd defend them, but OK.

yeah you totally caught me bro, my unyielding defense of moat and chores has outed me

half of asiina's posts this game are talking with you about anime

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

do you see me telling you to switch votes? I mentioned asiina beacuse bird literally just voted moat for the same reason: non participation. I don't understand what chores was doing but I usually don't

doesn't asiina have a rep for lurking or replacing as scum?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

sorry everyone I am a Huge Idiot and still not used to being on this side of the planet, I thought we had a while until deadline and only checked the thread after it was over

asiina literally lurked until death when we were scum together in harvest, and people in that thread said she does this as scum so I'm really not surprised

anyway the bird guy is scum remember when i said town lost I LIED we are hashtag winning

##vote bird

bird definitely looks bad imo. stuck his neck out for inf and for asiina. apart from really wanting to kill moat, his only real jab at someone D1 was byers

i am the bird posted:

I don't know if Inf is scum based on his assumptions. I think they're just bad assumptions.

My counter-assumptions to Inf:

1) there are more than colors in the game
2) I don't think colors are inherently town, nor non-colors inherently scum
3) one potential scum mechanic might be, in fact, to mix and create bad colors or ruin paint or whatever

i am the bird posted:

Byers, I think, is also being a little obtuse because based on his post, it sounds like he got the same PM that I did (and what sounds like Inf did as well)

i am the bird posted:

for the moment I am going to ##vote Moat because I think they are consciously choosing not to participate in this conversation and are lurking hard

i am the bird posted:

Asiina would be a straight up lurker lynch. Moat is here and being unhelpful and voting without reasonable explanation. He's scummy because of deliberate non-participation whereas Asiina is literally just not here.

these calls are super easy to make if you know who the scum are

preview edit:

Infinitum posted:

That's super fuckin weird cause I visited you and now I'm Brown.

Yellow + Blue = Green

Hmm

Makes u think

just to be clear, you tried to mix with ssv and came back brown?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm guessing it's like being Black from Asiina's flip, you make the painting worse now.

oh, yeah this is probably correct, I didn't read the flip too carefully

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i mean if its not palette x6 and just palette x3 (maybe with spare brush, another role, yet another role) then it doesnt work but either way we should lynch bird who is 100% completely busted scum

well I'm gonna nip this in the bud before we start assuming the wrong things since that's where we're headed anyway: the latter should be correct, I'm a sponge :yeah:

basically like a JOAT based on the colors in play, I guess? I get a (random?) color each night based on a mix of all current colors of palettes and dab players for effect.
I thought we would all be things until people started claiming colors. my pm says combinations are a thing but not how they happen or anything like that.

dunno if brushes get the same things, but I can confirm that different colors give different powers and mixed colors are more powerful (than red, at least).
I started as orange, which is cop, and checked chores last night. he is town. unclear what color I'll be tonight, I assume tobbs will send this to me when the day ends

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Lumpen posted:

Stickup's claim is a bit dubious.

Absurd Revolver is probably telling the truth, which I believe completely busts Moat as Mr. Brown.

agreed ##vote moat

but I mean, I dunno what to tell you other than that's the role I've got

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

##vote Moat

If he flips town, I would look at Byers next

actually you're next :allears:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

quote="Lumpen" post="468156549"]
Sorry stickup, I think you are Scum and telling lies.

You say you had Orange Cop power and investigated chores. That would not be a sensible play for Town at all after Asiina flipped. Chores was the first vote on Asiina, and she flipped Scum. I believe you targeted Chores, and I believe he is Town, but I do not believe you did a Cop investigation on him.

Also I think it sucks for you if you are Scum and this setup was so easily broken by a D2 massclaim. And getting stuck with Asiina for a scuumbuddy.
[/quote]

I was the one that even brought up asiina to begin with, chores put up votes when people were still joking around. just letting the chores lynch go through in that situation would have been better if I were scum.

I considered gulag, but he seemed like a solid non town choice. considered ar but he felt more like town to me than chores. considered bird for not switching to asiina, but I thought what seemed to be a pr would be better. I am never sure about chores, and neither were others. confirming chores either way seemed fine at the time

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

pretend I didn't mess up the formatting

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

and I just happen to know that orange is cop how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

There isn't really a way to quickly disprove this, though. If you were scum, it'd buy you time.

I don't know where to place you yet but my first read is that your role seems odd in conjunction with what we know about brushes.

a brush can just dip into orange if we have any, no?

granted it's weird, but tobbs makes weird roles. I would gain nothing from claiming this instead of palette if it weren't true

• Locked thread