Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Can I be purple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Not purple... But I can become purple.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I can't argue with ##vote lumpen

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lumpen posted:

Hello my dear friends. I am Town.

This is historically accurate to a huge degree, and well worth testing. Sir Sam Vimes hopped on that bandwagon with an air of beef but I don't think we have any acrimonious history, so I call opportunism.
##vote ssv

I thought that was a TMM tactic

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I feel like all mass claiming would do.is let us pick our favourite colours to make by mixing. Without knowing what effects mixing has, we don't benefit from it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

gulag said I seemed town last game when I was scum

ergo

gulag saying I'm scum this game means I'm town

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

GulagDolls posted:

Somberbrero posted:

anyone infi today and then let's talk about ssv tomorrow i guess.
they're both town so no. strike laterally and kill db. alternately kill bird

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##unvote

Hey Infin, can you explain someting for me. Why is it that when I posted a reasoning based on my role PM stating that there's no real reason for people to claim colours, you posted:

Infinitum posted:

I like SSV for town

But then you get into an argument with stickup, saying that anyone who is a colour should agree that claiming helps.

Infinitum posted:

Because it would help me

Ergo it would help town

Ergo if other colours have the same role PM it will help them as well

Ergo it would HYPER MEGA OVERCHARGE HELP TOWN

Until we know what the specific effects of changing colours via mixing are, claiming doesn't have that much value. You're acting like you have more information than we do, and it seems pretty suspicious.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was going to say that everyone claiming colours would allow for scum to mess up mixing by fakeclaiming, but then I realised that it would be immediately obvious to people who mix with a fakeclaim who the liars are so I'm actually starting to come around on it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

i am the bird posted:

But mixing with the wrong thing is irreparable. This is where the dilemma comes in regarding game mechanics: how do we weigh making the beautiful painting v. scum hunting? Like, how does one influence the other? How bad could we gently caress ourselves over re: the painting in pursuit of scum hunting?

Being stuck with your base colour seems worth catching a scum. Paintings still need yellows and reds and blues.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I believe that there'd be paintbrushes if this is an art thing. My PM doesn't say anything about how I'd be getting my colours onto the art. However, why did you talk about counterclaiming a colour if you're a paintbrush?

Also can someone who is red please claim? I'd like to mix with red and become all that I can be.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asiina has not made a single game related post, this is true.

##vote asiina

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

seriously though can someone red claim? because I wanna be purple

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tobbs why didn't you post a final votecount :argh:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You can copy paste the votecount.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lumpen posted:

I'm a Red Pallette. I attempted last night to mix with Byers but failed. I assume this is because he was not a palette and also he was dead.

I claim in response to the flips because I assume that Gulag was the "SK" and so any brushes that dip me would get a now-useless power.

Continuing my suspicions from the end of D1, ##vote Moatillata.

I also still do not like Absurd Revolver's claim of being a Rolecop brush, and the way his voting Chores D1, in context, makes no sense with his claim. If his claim is true and he's Town, he would have reason to come to the opposite conclusions about Chores from what he posted.

I would like a Final D1 Votecount posted please.
Like Moatillata, peramene also ended the day without a vote down, I know that.

Why didn't you claim yesterday? I could be purple now. :smith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Soooooo you're Blue?

Ayup.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

That's super fuckin weird cause I visited you and now I'm Brown.

Yellow + Blue = Green

Hmm

Makes u think

Which means there's probably a scum player who has the ability to gently caress up mixes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was kind of suspicious of you for your refusal to move to Asiina, but now I'm feeling you for town. If you were scum, it'd be incredibly stupid to throw yourself away to get a single townie lynched.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

i am the bird posted:

Correct. I assumed SSV was a brush but now I just think he's a liar.

Also have major vibes on RF still whose case on chores was pretty lame and basically posted, "Oh, that's a town pm? Yeah, me too. I have that"

Why would you assume I was a brush? My literal first post when the game opened was "I'm not purple.... but I can become purple".

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

I am literally just Brown.

Didn't get any negative or positive effects, any new items or abilities.

I'm just Brown.

I'm guessing it's like being Black from Asiina's flip, you make the painting worse now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

As I said I believe I'm essentially 'Vanilla' town

I lose the ability to mix if I target someone that isn't a colour.

There's probably a role out there that benefits from this, but gently caress if I know.
Just putting it out there to be useful :shrug:

I'm thinking that palletes are the VT players regardless but your colour decrees what power brushes get for dipping you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well we know from one flip that a scum player turns people black.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah I'm gonna ##vote moat.

It seems weird that two people are claiming to turn brown, so one of them is most likely scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm going to stay blue, I think. We don't need two purples. :smith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am 80% sure that the last scum is stickup.

##vote stickup

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Scum checking out completely is pretty lovely imo.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I really liked the gimmick of the "vanilla" players all serving to enable the power roles.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah I think the setup was actually pretty well balanced but the game just went awfully for scum.

Can you post the mod/scum docs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If the brown/black pallettes actually did their thing then they could easily claim that they got mixed to those colours by someone else.

• Locked thread