Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'll have one art, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

i would like to propose that we eventually kill off any color that is not in goatse.jpg

Softclaiming as the popular Crayola color "butthole red"

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

this is a stickup posted:

but with green we could also paint money

we can paint any kind of world we can imagine and you're choosing capitalism, the killer of art ##vote stick

shame on you

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

finished my painting

I've found yet another scum.

http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/video-games-can-never-be-art

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I like shapes. We should paint shapes.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Based on my pm, colors are not unique and claiming cannot break the game like in that open set-up game. What I cannot figure out is whether it helps scum to know people's colors or not.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Infinitum posted:

This reeks of scum wanting town to go
"How do you know colours aren't unique? Are there any other Yellows out there?"

Would vote Bird
Would vote Lumpen

The implication is "don't claim colors" you dweeb

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Infinitum posted:

How do you know colours aren't unique? :nyoron:

Some colors might. Mine, based on my pm, isn't. Therefore, I don't know that it's inherently useful to claim, especially since I don't know the mechanics of being scum.

except for SSV's reasoning, that color mixing is good, but how do we know who is telling the truth about their color?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

this canvass will be stained with "super butthole red"

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Counterclaim them

He doesn't actually have a color

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I don't know if Inf is scum based on his assumptions. I think they're just bad assumptions.

My counter-assumptions to Inf:

1) there are more than colors in the game
2) I don't think colors are inherently town, nor non-colors inherently scum
3) one potential scum mechanic might be, in fact, to mix and create bad colors or ruin paint or whatever

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Byers, I think, is also being a little obtuse because based on his post, it sounds like he got the same PM that I did (and what sounds like Inf did as well)

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

also while I don't know what mixing does in terms of game mechanics, it's certainly good for town because we can apparently paint a pretty pretty picture with mixed colors

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I think all of these people should comment on this current conversation:

AR
Moat
Gulag
RF
Asiina
Peramene

esp Moat and RF because both made dodgy statements about claiming and have basically disappeared, but I will say that half of the thread is currently not talking and that's a big bummer

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Absurd Revolver posted:

i'm super sick at the moment and most of my energy has gone towards surviving the plague that has come down upon my home and all who inhabit it

may I suggest drinking and/or huffing some paint? it'll clean you right up and it's within the thematic nature of this here game

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I see Inf as a catfish like in the metaphor about catfish from that TV show catfish based on the movie catfish based on the novel push by sapphire

He's a liar but the poo poo he provokes from other people is arguably more interesting and informing

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Byers2142 posted:

There is an SK. I expect multiple kill.

How do we know there is an SK? Or is this something privy to you/your PM?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

I was going to say that everyone claiming colours would allow for scum to mess up mixing by fakeclaiming, but then I realised that it would be immediately obvious to people who mix with a fakeclaim who the liars are so I'm actually starting to come around on it.

But mixing with the wrong thing is irreparable. This is where the dilemma comes in regarding game mechanics: how do we weigh making the beautiful painting v. scum hunting? Like, how does one influence the other? How bad could we gently caress ourselves over re: the painting in pursuit of scum hunting?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'd argue killing scum > * but I also don't fully understand the game mechanics

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

Being stuck with your base colour seems worth catching a scum. Paintings still need yellows and reds and blues.

That's fair. My other concern is that my PM suggests that there may be non-color roles, but I don't know that I can assume those are scum. In which case, a mass color claim may expose people with abilities beyond mixing.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

for the moment I am going to ##vote Moat because I think they are consciously choosing not to participate in this conversation and are lurking hard

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'm okay with a chores vote. Beyond that reasoning, I also thought it was a bullshit play because Inf is the only person to have claimed a color, so it didn't even make sense the way chores worded his play.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'll also say Moat is a good vote because not participating in literally the most useful convo so far because it's "boring" is bad

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

The pile on chores looks super bad

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Asiina would be a straight up lurker lynch. Moat is here and being unhelpful and voting without reasonable explanation. He's scummy because of deliberate non-participation whereas Asiina is literally just not here.

got some chores tonight posted:

1. my role pm doesnt say that blending with the same colour would be bad

well this goes against everything that I'm aware of. Can you tell me the flavor of why?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'm comfortable voting for either of you because you sound like liars.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Gulag or chores that is, not Inf at the moment.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

cool let's all stop posting then

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

what would be the point of me lying about this

Actually I guess I'm less concerned about you in this context considering you haven't half-assed claimed like chores

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

prove me wrong!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

can we kill moat plz

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I guess I'll be voting Asiina. Gonna try to comment before deadline as well but I'm on my way home from a friend's house.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I agree with most of Lumpen's assessments at the moment. I'm not thrilled about lynching Asiina based purely on lurking when Moat is here and hasn't said anything of value at all, but I'll take an Asiina lynch over chores who just seems bad at this and not necessarily scum.

got some chores tonight posted:

also upon review of all teh horrible post sin this thread i think bird is scum (modest confidence) but id rather vote out asiina rthan a scum - town chores (im town)

absolute garbage

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I hate that I can't preview past posts on my phone. Reviewing what Moat just posted real quick

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Moatillata posted:

Now this is starting to feel like you are tunneling me friendo

You posted poo poo while I was writing and I feel like no one was listening prior so of course I'm going to remind people that up until recently you were actively avoiding conversation

##unvote for now

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

##vote Asiina because apparently that's the play we're making tonight

RF strikes me as scummy btw and his case on chores isn't anything that hadn't been discussed fully. I'd like to reread chores next because I can't tell if he's just terrible at this

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'm green after mixing with Inf successfully, confirming that he is at least yellow.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Infinitum posted:

So you're Blue as well?

2 BLUES

MAKES U THINK

Correct. I assumed SSV was a brush but now I just think he's a liar.

Also have major vibes on RF still whose case on chores was pretty lame and basically posted, "Oh, that's a town pm? Yeah, me too. I have that"

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

Which means there's probably a scum player who has the ability to gently caress up mixes.

Could also by this. You and Inf would be good targets. I am curious about Inf turning brown though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

Why would you assume I was a brush? My literal first post when the game opened was "I'm not purple.... but I can become purple".

Assumed it was a joke. Then you confirmed you were blue and it made more sense to me as a brush claim.

• Locked thread