Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Yujiro Kushida

Ohhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/golazodan/status/889067952825405440

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The worst thing about this G1 is the constant Okada/Gedo pairings in the Tag undercard. I like Gedo as Okada's sort of mentor but they are bland as gently caress as a team.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

That Juice/EVIL match was amazing, Juice is getting so good at firing up crowds. I was freaking out for his comeback.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Thrifting Day! posted:

The worst thing about this G1 is the constant Okada/Gedo pairings in the Tag undercard. I like Gedo as Okada's sort of mentor but they are bland as gently caress as a team.

someone has to take pins, and it can't be my friend YOSHI-HASHI

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Straight savage

https://twitter.com/toksfale/status/889152907194454016

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Fale Vs Hiromu at WK

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm not sure when it "clicked" but I'm really into Fale right now after not caring about him for the longest time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

I'm not sure when it "clicked" but I'm really into Fale right now after not caring about him for the longest time.

I think what does it for me is imagining him hunched over at a tiny desk on his laptop making these Daryl tribute videos with Windows Movie Maker.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the only thing "Clicking" is a drat revolver to the dome, the Tokyo dome, when hiromu gets his drat revenge on this rear end in a top hat from hell

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I signed up for NJPW world finally is there a good way to get notifications to my phone of when the next event is like a google calendar or something? I'm on the east coast IN AMERICA

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Taintrunner posted:

I signed up for NJPW world finally is there a good way to get notifications to my phone of when the next event is like a google calendar or something? I'm on the east coast IN AMERICA

Uh, just know that you will be charged again on the first of the month next week.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Uh, just know that you will be charged again on the first of the month next week.

Oh. Well, I'm finally lucky to be well off enough that I don't need to worry about it.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Congrats on your expendable :10bux:, you can find events on the schedule page from the menu on njpworld or:

Thauros posted:

Off day tomorrow.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I should really get NJPW World and just have it on in the background every single minute I am at the computer to catch up on watching these shows.

The fact that CJ Parker and Juice Robinson are the same person says a LOT about WWE, NJPW, and Juice himself, and I'm not sure which of the three is most profound.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CVagts posted:

I should really get NJPW World and just have it on in the background every single minute I am at the computer to catch up on watching these shows.

The fact that CJ Parker and Juice Robinson are the same person says a LOT about WWE, NJPW, and Juice himself, and I'm not sure which of the three is most profound.

obligatory Okada in TNA link post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRTMoBiuqg

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CVagts posted:

Yep, he's learned and improved a LOT in his time in Japan. Which is testament to what working a different style/location can do, and what experiences you can get as well.

Easiest thing to do is input a Tokyo time zone clock on your smartphone clock app. If you want to input things into your calendar, just need to calculate the time difference.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

chiming in to say gently caress Fale and I hope Hiromu avenges Daryl. The world is a dark place because of Fale's actions :(

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I should look into getting that chromecast I guess, because these shows are great but trying to catch up means 3 hours of wrestling on my laptop EVERY DAY which means I can't really do anything else or I risk missing action. WWE's product is far far less exciting, but the fact that I can do other things (ranging from games to reading to SHITPOSTS WITH MY FRIENDS IN PSP) makes it much easier.

Though 3 hours of WWE every day would probably destroy me regardless of live threads.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

you can also skip the the undercards. Even I don't watch the undercards on most workdays.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

dromal phrenia posted:

I should look into getting that chromecast I guess, because these shows are great but trying to catch up means 3 hours of wrestling on my laptop EVERY DAY which means I can't really do anything else or I risk missing action. WWE's product is far far less exciting, but the fact that I can do other things (ranging from games to reading to SHITPOSTS WITH MY FRIENDS IN PSP) makes it much easier.

Though 3 hours of WWE every day would probably destroy me regardless of live threads.

I think it got mentioned here before but you can just use an hdmi cable from laptop to tv. If you need to use the laptop still then just set up tv as a dual monitor. Although for what it does the chromecast is well worth the price. It's much more convenient.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just watch the YTR, Kojima and Nagata matches the rest is filler.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Just watch the Nagata matches the rest is filler.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Easier to just zoom in and out & shake the camera around innit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP2HpfrPQP0

Great video.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Just watch the YTR, Kojima and Nagata matches the rest is filler.

i need to watch my role model naito though

but i agree that it is good to watch my more-realistic role model YTR

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

My role model is Blue Justice Yuji Nagata.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Great video.

This is an excellent video, though it does remind me how much I'm gonna miss Shibata :smith:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/mortenvh/status/891055148197441536

Kitamura and Oka Vs Akiyama and Omori can be found on daily motion. Not sure of the linking rules so if you want it, find it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dromal phrenia posted:

i need to watch my role model naito though

but i agree that it is good to watch my more-realistic role model YTR

I feel bad for you having a cheap rip off as a role model. Respect Rush the real deal.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I feel bad for you having a cheap rip off as a role model. Respect Rush the real deal.

I've stopped reading the TCC steroid thread for humor and started reading it for real advice so I can get big like my boy Rooooosh

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I kinda miss when they had the NWA title bouncing between Kojima, Tenzan, and some other guy. It was nice having an Official Old Man Title, and gave them something to do outside of multi-man tags.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The never trios title should be the old man and young boy belts.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Is there a kayfabe explanation for Kitamura having pointy fangs or is it just a side-effect of eating all the steroids?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

MrBling posted:

Is there a kayfabe explanation for Kitamura having pointy fangs or is it just a side-effect of eating all the steroids?

It's just a gumshield isn't it?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Frankston posted:

It's just a gumshield isn't it?

No, he's half vampire.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I haven't watched any Rush or original Los Ingobernables stuff :shobon:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
If kitamura's post-excursion gimmick is a Swole Vampire I will be very pleased and entertained

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

rovert posted:

Great video.

Thanks for sharing. NJPW's production doesn't get enough credit. Especially compared to WWE and ROH who have taken away from matches at times imo

That shot of Shibata from last year's G1 is perfect

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dromal phrenia posted:

I haven't watched any Rush or original Los Ingobernables stuff :shobon:

Here you are https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B49_FLBKWtvybzJ0LVpVNnRVdWM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

checksin posted:

If kitamura's post-excursion gimmick is a Swole Vampire I will be very pleased and entertained

Isn't that already EVIL's gimmick?

• Locked thread