Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«85 »
Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Well that's.... a good run of cards.

It's almost like I expect one bad card due to law of averages but Gedo and Jado just don't care about that rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

could be making it up but i'm sure YTR does the RVD mannerisms because he beat him on one of the TNA/NJPW crossover shows somewhere between 05-07 maybe one of the tokyo dome shows, and then stole the gimmick and continued to use it for 10 years

e: ok 2011 and he lost but still stole it

handsome only face fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2017 around 19:03

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Man September 7th is a long time away.

On the plus side my NJPW withdrawal has led me to check out the archives a bit. The two recommended Vader matches I've watched so far were disappointing, but Liger vs. Sano was good and shockingly violent for what I expected in a jr. match from 1990.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Your voice may have changed but your breath is still the same.

My goodness, Hot Stuff!

I love that ZSJ has included Labour as his Faction affiliations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

I love that ZSJ has included Labour as his Faction affiliations.
ever since i heard him cut a promo on neo-liberalism, i was in love.

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

handsome only face posted:

could be making it up but i'm sure YTR does the RVD mannerisms because he beat him on one of the TNA/NJPW crossover shows somewhere between 05-07 maybe one of the tokyo dome shows, and then stole the gimmick and continued to use it for 10 years

e: ok 2011 and he lost but still stole it

I hope YTR punched him in the dick at least.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Those cards feel a bit middling to me, only a couple exciting match ups per card.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 1, 2004

Ladies and gentlemen,
start your engines.

It's cool that my first live NJPW experience is gonna be Kenny defending the US belt against Juice and all, but part of me was hoping that Tana/ZSJ would be Kobe's main event just so I could be the one hapless foreigner in a ZSJ shirt surrounded by a sea of GO ACE

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

I really enjoy NJ's elimination matches so those cards have me steamed up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Johnny Landmine posted:

It's cool that my first live NJPW experience is gonna be Kenny defending the US belt against Juice and all, but part of me was hoping that Tana/ZSJ would be Kobe's main event just so I could be the one hapless foreigner in a ZSJ shirt surrounded by a sea of GO ACE

Be the only guy in the crowd wearing Juice merch.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 1, 2004

Ladies and gentlemen,
start your engines.

Gaz-L posted:

Be the only guy in the crowd wearing Juice merch.

Ew, no

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

The focus of fight club is fighting.

Lipstick Apathy

I really hope that Taguchi Japan gets a clean sweep against those Suzukigun DORKS

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Thauros posted:

yep, I assumed Okada was gonna face EVIL there and they'd go back to having an IWGP title match on that tour. You'd think they'd want a non all gaijin title match on that show for additional support

So that would mean the Evil match is the only IWGP title defense left this year. Kind of surprised, but Okada's earned an easy schedule the back half of the year so it's fine. This is their soft off season now anyway.

As for the Kobe show, here's hoping for a good house but that seems like a tough sell. Juice has momentum and he's cool, but headlining a 6000 seat show? Seems quite early for that. Would be a major feather in his cap at this stage in the game if that somehow sold out though.

Baron Corbyn
Jul 1, 2012

#AllHail

Suzuki and KUSHIDA are missing the Kobe show to work the ROH show. I think this is the first time Suzuki wrestles in the USA? I know he wrestled in the UK last year but I can't find any record of him wrestling in the US.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

Professional Drunk

Baron Corbyn posted:

Suzuki and KUSHIDA are missing the Kobe show to work the ROH show. I think this is the first time Suzuki wrestles in the USA? I know he wrestled in the UK last year but I can't find any record of him wrestling in the US.

Is there a link to this anywhere? if it's on the East Coast I gotta buy tickets

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

Minoru Suzuki heads to the US so he can bully Ken Shamrock some more. And maybe work a Ring of Fascism show.

Baron Corbyn
Jul 1, 2012

#AllHail

Taintrunner posted:

Is there a link to this anywhere? if it's on the East Coast I gotta buy tickets

It's in Las Vegas. For whatever reason, it's only been announced on the Japanese NJPW website, and not their English website or ROH's site.

gif Probst
Oct 20, 2006

= the tribe has spoken =

poo poo i didnt even know there was a roh show coming here

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Your voice may have changed but your breath is still the same.

My goodness, Hot Stuff!

coconono posted:

Minoru Suzuki heads to the US so he can bully Ken Shamrock some more. And maybe work a Ring of Fascism show.

A Ring of What now?

Has Jim Cornette come back to Ring Of Honor?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

Gonzo McFee posted:

A Ring of What now?

ROH is Sinclair, and Sinclair is trying desperately to become State Media by locking down local news markets so they're ideologically compatible with Trump's strongman policies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eater of worlds, pins, and CHICKEN

Gonzo McFee posted:

No, he's in GFW

«85 »