Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Did NJPW world do a broadcast in English for the CMLL Fantastica show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I normally tolerate Kevin Kelly on ROH shows, why the hell is he always so bad on NJPW shows?

Romero was rubbish too

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Wonder if that teasing at the end of Night 1 will trigger something here for night 2's ending.

I'd imagine they'll hold off until a bigger NJPW show. Certainly seems like they're gonna take Omega out of Bullet Club. Be disappointed if he turns face though.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

That main event was fun as hell. As were both nights in general.

Thrifting Day! fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 27, 2017

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I cannot believe that in 2017, I am rooting for CJ Parker to win the New Japan Cup.

He'll not win but they've been hinting pretty heavily towards him doing well, I've got a feeling he makes the semi.

So, to be clear, is it on the Semi'a that are televised? Or have I picked that up wrong?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Excellent show again. New Japan haven't had a bad show since i started re-watching at WK.

Wasn't a massive fan of Shibata/ZSJ. It was a good match but nothing memorable other than the ending, which was great.

Looking forward to the New Japan Cup now. I think Omega will take it to set up a rematch with Okada later in the summer.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Kevin Jelly said on commentary yesterday that ZSJ would be a Jr in NJPW.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Korakuen show was pretty fun for what it was. NEw Japan's B shows blow away WWE recent efforts

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Japanese announcing tells a story better in English than Kelly does.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

It's nice that Kevin Kelly is finally pronouncing Suzuki-Gun correctly. Even if he can tell he absolutely hates saying it that way.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Chase Owens is back for the Sakura Genesis Tour.

Sumo Hall card:

New Japan Pro Wrestling “SAKURA GENESIS 2017”, 4/9/2017 [Sun] 16:00 @ Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo
(0) Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger & David Finlay vs. Hirai Kawato, Tomoyuki Oka & Katsuya Kitamura

(1) Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata, Tiger Mask W & Tiger Mask IV vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens
(2) YOSHI-HASHI, Rocky Romero & Barreta vs. Minoru Suzuki (Pancrase MISSION), El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku (K-DOJO)

(3) IWGP Junior Tag Championship Match: [50th Champions] Yoshinobu Kanemaru (FREE) & Taichi vs. [Challengers] Jado & Gedo
~ 1st title defense.

(4) Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Kenny Omega & Bad Luck Fale
(5) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA (FREE), EVIL & BUSHI

(6) IWGP Tag Championship Match: [74th Champions] Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. [Challengers] Raymond Rowe & Hanson
~ 1st title defense.

(7) NEVER Openweight Championship Match: [15th Champion] Hirooki Goto vs. [Challenger] Zack Sabre Jr.
~ 3rd title defense.

(8) IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: [76th Champion] Hiromu Takahashi vs. [Challenger] KUSHIDA
~ 3rd title defense.

(9) IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: [65th Champion] Kazuchika Okada vs. [Challenger] Katsuyori Shibata
~ 4th title defense.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Go War Machine!

I see two title changes on the card and I think War Machine may be one of them. They were over as hell at the ROH/NJ Korakuen shows. The only thing that makes me doubt the change would be that it's only the 1st defence for two legends.

I think Sabre Jr takes the NEVER title aswell. It's clear they want to push the "look at how many titles this guy has" angle but also Goto's reign has been so loving sub par.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Do not even ask posted:

I just been recently watching NJPW on the reg, but do you think the way cards are typically booked (multi-man paloozas, one or two singles matches near the top) may be a contributing factor to how you feel about the reign?

Not really. The multi man tags are actually a great way to generate heat and build feuds. The problem is the ones that have involved Goto, he's not played a central or even supporting act in any of them (from memory).

He's just.... there.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is the Lionsgate card gonna be in NJPW World?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Watched the second half of the show last night. I love War Machine and it's clear they are super over with the Japanese crowd. It'd be nice to see them going on a run with the titles just destroying everyone.

Shibata/Okada was great, the noise from that head butt made me legit cringe.

Who'd have though CJ Parker would be one of the top faces in Japan? And for what it's worth, his in ring work has deserved it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Nobody seems really sure if the Shibata thing is real or fake. All I know is I never want to hear that sound from a headbutt in professional wrestling ever again

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Thauros posted:

There's a three way with Ten-Cozy and GoD set for Dontaku. I'd love for them to stay long term, but many view them as WWE bound as soon as they start signing ROH guys again.

GoD? I've always viewed them as the non WWE "Usos" so it'd be interesting to see what they would do with that.

E: I think you mean War Machine, actually. So ignore that.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is it possible to get this delivered to the uk from the NJ site? It's not on PWTees or the NJPW Europe store and I need it in my life.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

http://www.tenso.com/en/static/lp_shop_index

Never used them but they're linked to on the NJPW store

Thanks man.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Every big card has delivered so far this year. On paper this looked the weakest of the lot but the last 4 matches were all really good in different ways.

I preferred the Omega/Ishii match last month but this was still great.

Tanahashi/Naito and Omega/Okada at Dominion should keep the run going.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

With the reactions that the Young Lions are getting, it wouldn't surprise me if they started pushing Kitamura quicker than was planned.

My favourite is still Kawato , though!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Kitamura is the guy they are gonna push to the sky.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

Down the road surely, but he's a long way from being at that point yet.

Not this year, for sure. But I have a feeling they are going to push him faster and stronger than any other young lion before.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Here's a thing, what's with the incessant hate of Taichi?

Sure he's not great, but he's no more boring than a lot of the other lower card guys who get flung in multi man's

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I liked KUSHIDA/Takahashi more than Omega/Okada.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Deathlove posted:

I don't know why I listened to the English broadcast though, man, Kelly and Corino are the loving worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrst.

Corino has been with WWE since after WK.

But yeah English commentary is terrible. Like it threatens to be good at points, but then it reverts to jokes Jerry Lawler stopped doing 2 decades ago

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

Or Rennan Baro being called "Hennan" or Royce Gracie being "Hoyce". I can live with that.

Tanga Hoea

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The most recent Lions Gate from the other day was pretty good for a C show to showcase talent.

I love Kawato. He's definitely the most developed character wise from the current group

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Cena Jorts vs Naito Jorts is a dream match. Book it!

A lumberjorts match

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/5742ytsh/status/875549253011070976

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

His chops are weak as gently caress for a man his size

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

There's a rumour flying about that Kento Miyahara is in the G1

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is there any reason for the lovely attendance at the Kizuna Road show at Korakuen today? That's the emptiest I've seen it for an NJ show this year

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

😩

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Is wrestling such a niche sport in japan that in a city of 13 million people they can't sell out a 2,000 capacity arena?

Yes.

But you are right. The attendance at the Kizuna Road show was miserable

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Someone on twitter said posted pics of an example of what it looks like for people with Shibata's condition

Normal eyesight:

Shibata:

Welp.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

IC belt has been refurbished.

I'll just leave this here:

Thrifting Day! fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 25, 2017

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Holy poo poo those brackets are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I was pumped for the US shows this weekend and I've just remembered there's a tournament for the new US title. Awesome

• Locked thread