Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was listening to Cornette talk about the omega vs okada match and man I know it's old hat at this point to bitch about corny but dude really needs to update what he thinks about wrestling. Like first of all he spends 10 minutes bitching about omega no showing a show a decade ago. Then he rants about the ddt stuff, and when he finally gets into reviewing the match it's him saying there is too much selling and the match should have ended in a count out after the table spot. A count out on their biggest show of the year for the title in the main event. I'll give him credit for giving the match some credit but come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yeah this is what I was talking about. I love how mad he gets about them doing stuff by the broadcast booths and trying to "knock the show off the air" it's like come on dude. I'm pretty sure the large company not being run inside of a chrurch lobby in the middle of nowhere is going to be ok and probably has some plans for technical difficulties.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RealFoxy posted:

I'll let you guys in on a secret, Cornette is putting on a character because he thinks if he poo poo-talks the Young Bucks and Omega enough it will generate interest in some kind of feud but Omega and The Young bucks have been approached by Cornette before to do some work together and they don't like him at all.

Considering that a feud with Jim Cornette would be a step down for them I don't blame them

Oh yeah I know that, and like I said it's old hat at this point to complain about what he says. But he still is an entertaining personality so I feel like it's worth talking about the silly things he says.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Kushida even though he has a lot of lucha influence works a pretty stiff style.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

fart blood posted:

Cornette's rant on the match was truly old crotchety stubbornness but I think you're taking his "count out " comment out of context. He was saying that the spot was so brutal that it should be used when you want to do a count out or write someone out for an injury angle, rather than having that spot and then continuing the match for even longer afterwards. He wasn't saying end that match in a count out with that spot.

He's still a stubborn old prick with bad opinions about a modern product, though.

I mean I get what he was saying. And he even gave that spot a lot of credit for how good it looked. But he said that it looked so good it should have had him get counted out or do a hospital angle. Which in the context of a smaller match I would actually agree with him. But the main event of wk 11 I don't get that at all.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Was anyone able to get tickets for the Long Beach shows?

I was able to get 2 tickets for Sunday. I got the cheap ones. I had better seats but I'd click buy and Ticketmaster would tell me the seats were no longer available. I haven't dealt with Ticketmaster in years this is awful.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Apparently according to socal uncensored this is the seating chart to the show

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Thauros posted:

row 7 section P day 1, row 13 section Q day 2

What sucks is that I missed out on a meet and greet ticket as I thought that was for those not going to the actual wrestling. Hopefully I can grab one later somehow.

I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think you'll be able to pay the ten bucks day of the show as long as you have a ticket already and you can still do the meet and greet.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I saw a clip of Shibata kicking the living poo poo out of Okada and now I think I really have to watch Sakura Genesis.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

current rumor is that rocky's starting the njpw usa dojo in 2018.

He was head trainer when I went to the inoki dojo in 2005 so this makes lots of sense.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

The most puro thing ever is for him to split from New Japan and form a vanity promotion.

If this ends in Shibata restarting Hustle I'm on board.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If you don't like the name Evil for a wrestler. You can gently caress off. It's the most brilliant name of all time. It's peak wrestling.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Suzuki/Goto is going to be a Lumberjack Deathmatch. What's a deathmatch in an NJPW context?

I mean they have done a no roped barbed wire match before, but that was a long time ago.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just hope it doesn't effect the amount of actual Japanese NJPW people who will be wrestling in Long Beach.

Also I just moved to Long Beach and I learned that I can walk to the convention center in about 15 minutes so I'm pretty stoked for that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I still would love a PS4 app so I can stream easier on my TV

This is what has been keeping me from fully subscribing. I hate streaming on my computer, and I use my PS4 for every other streaming service.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Does anyone have a rundown of what was said at the NJPW press conference for the Long Beach show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wish Yoshi Tatsu could get replaced with someone better. But that line up is actually pretty drat good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I want yuji nagata to kick Yoshi Tatsu really hard.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Venomous posted:

Taichi cheated on his wife and made that his gimmick. For this reason, he sucks and he should go home.

That's actually a great idea for a gimmick. He is just a really lovely wrestler.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If they don't do Omega vs Okada at Long Beach I'm gonna be pretty sad. I mean I'll still have fun but they'll know how sad they made me. They'll know.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sigmachiev posted:

Gut reaction is I preferred the Dome match but this was unreal and had aspects I liked better. The last 10 minutes were some of the most dramatic in a match I can ever remember.

Cody getting the Long Beach shot legitimately runs a risk of getting a ruin the match, business-for-themselves kind of crowd reaction. It's going to be "We want Kenny" chants for like 30 minutes. I say this as someone who likes Cody.

Yeah I actually like Cody a lot, and honestly I think he would have a good match with Okada. But man ending in a draw and having Kenny Omega win that title at the next event would be huge.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 11, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

it does, and I am very happy it is happening but if I'd bought a ticket to see the one NJPW show I could without flying to Japan from the USA, I'd kinda want at least one big match with NJPW top guys.

Cody/Okada is just plain bad.

I'm not stoked on Cody vs Okada when Kenny is right there, but why will Cody and Okada be bad? They are both very good wrestlers.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm not stoked on billy gunn vs tanahashi at all though. I don't think it will even be bad or anything but I straight up don't care about billy gunn.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
At the same time though there are two nights. So who knows really what matches there are going to be.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think Cody has had some pretty drat good matches and all he needs is someone like Okada to bring a great match out of him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

I can't get over the Kenny collapsing spot to dodge the Rainmaker. SO unbelievably good.

I also thought about how good it was that the one time Kenny is able to hit the one winged angel and it was just too close to the ropes. That was so cool.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Not just that but they are 3,000 seats. The shows are getting better than a B show card. Some of the matches we already know are fantastic.

Yeah bucks vs RPG vice is going to be rad as always.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

kushida and hiromu are better than styles

I don't think I could say this. Maybe at this moment they are but over all. You can't hold a candle to how consistently good AJ has been nearly his entire career in ring wise.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Kushida has been great for years and years.

Mistico and Dragon Lee both deserve to be in the discussion for the best in the world too.

Oh I know, I feel like he has really hit his stride in the last 3 years or so. I just know that AJ is probably one of the most influential dudes around.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's crazy to me because the Long Beach show is a five minute walk from my work and a 15 minute walk from my apt. I'm super pumped for this weekend.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Does anyone know with the meet and greet if the show ticket gets you in to it or was there a separate ticket for it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

EugeneJ posted:

How are ticket sales for Long Beach doing?

Aren't they totally sold out?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Anyone going to the marukai in Gardena for the press conference? Okada and Tanahashi will both be there.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just got back from the press conference and it was pretty good. They were selling Okada and tanahashi sponges, and Naito said he didn't understand why he was in The tournament but he was going to win throw the belt on the ground and then throw it In an LA trash can.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

There's a reason Okada is the champ.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
In n out is good because it's a cheap burger made with quality ingredients. Every burger place from the east coast who tries to come over and be the in n out killer always screws up because their burgers which taste almost exactly the same end up costing like 15 bucks more than a double double with fries and a drink.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

mkay0 posted:

For me, Five Guys > any west coast bullshit mentioned ITT

I too love spending 25 bucks on a pretty ok burger meal.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MotU posted:

white castle is better than any other fast food burger especially now that i can get fried pickles and inexplicably clam strips

You're disgusting.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's good since it'll probably be the only thing properly cooked on it

I'm sorry retry sure it'll still manage to give you diarrhea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bankok posted:

Red Shoes even makes a cameo in the latest Being the Elite.

And he ruins Kennys life!!!

• Locked thread