Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Goto-Suzuki match had nothing that seemed awful except that dumb chair shot. Just seemed snug and all the stiff stuff was in the neck area. But drat that chair shot was super dumb.

I think the best match of the remaining two shows is gonna be Takahashi/Riccochet and also if Okada can actually get 4 stars out of Fale. Although Fale seems like a much better challenger post Jinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

29th should be better at Payback and the only match that could have dumb stuff is the Takahashi one if Hiromu decides to be crazy

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So apparently Tama Tonga was injured on the last show according to the Observer daily update. Could be minor or could be a torn bicep which he may work through....

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

How bad is the Fukuoka crowd? If the crowd is actually hot I can see Okada getting 4 stars out of Fale what with them pushing him cracking under the weight of so many tough matches. If it's like the crowd for this pasty show though...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's kinda of funny how strongly Fale has been built up compared to Jinder's title shot. I mean both are not the best ideas but Fale at least makes booking sense with the New Japan Cup finish and all his tags since than

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

super macho dude posted:

Now that Shibata is out of the picture (rip), I want Ishii to turn full on heel and murder Okada for the title.

Or join Suzuki-gun

Ishii turning on Okada would be good but you have to think the hottest turn New Japan could do would be to have an Ingobernables who isn't Bushi turn on Naito

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Savage

https://twitter.com/newjapaneng/status/858858425803042816

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

More Tickets!

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/859226266083278850

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reading the cards before hand I thought Dontaku would be the weaker show but it had the hottest crowd of the three and was the better show from top to bottom.

I think Naito will probably win the G1 since I think the Okada being broken down story will continue into it. From there I think you can either go with Okada/Naito or given that WK11 had great attendance go with Omega/Naito. Ibushi probably won't get a high match on the dome unless he signs long term.
However he does make sense for a challenger for Long Beach if they want to save Tanahashi for a Japan Date.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also in hindsight TNA looks even more dumb for doing absolutely nothing with Okada when he was there. It's got to be the biggest waste TNA has ever done

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also changing booking plans to hot shot or compete really hasn't worked out for anybody else trying to compete against the WWE. If anything it's New Japan's benefit to stay close to it's usual way of doing things cause it's very much different from the WWE/ROH.

They probably should get at least a better opponent for Kenny though, either Elgin (rematch of Ladder), Goto (G1 Remtachg) or even Ibushi (Start a hot angle in the states). I doubt it'll be Tanahashi though since I see him winning the IC belt before Long Beach so they can prep Naito for a G1 run and Tanahashi is one of the select few I'd have beat Naito right now.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Finally it's time for Yoshi Tatsu's big return to the US! :haw:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Another bit from the Observer is that with Shibata out New Japan is looking at making a new star. Wonder if that means they'll also up the money they'd offer Kenny or even offer him a long program with Kota.
Gotta think also this means New Japan may make a bigger effort to sign Kota long term

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

harperdc posted:

Kota Ibushi, perhaps Marufuji if NOAH keeps on as a small-time gig, or even luring Itami/KENTA back for a Japanese reunion tour after the difficulty of his WWE stint. But even Ibushi is 34 years old, and has 13 years of wear on him. Okada is all of 29.

One to watch? Hiromu Takahashi. "Oh but he's a junior" his billed height and weight is almost identical to Shibata (Takahashi 185 cm/92 kg, Shibata 183 cm/95 kg). And he's 27 and getting over.

Also with Kenny getting over and ZSJ wrestling as a Heavyweight I think New Japan is more open to pushing a smaller guy as a main guy compared to Liger's time. Though Hiromu would probably have to tone his style down a bit

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I dunno Sanada seems like he should be next up but the stuff he's doing right now with Milano AT and Taguchi just doesn't interest me. Give Evil the big push, it's no sillier than Muta was

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You can mount lasers on a mouth guard right? Boom laser mouth guard for Evil!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I have no objection to Bushi also being in the company :geno:

Somebody needs to take the pins for LiJ in multimans!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If Evil isn't signing with Lasers and Scythe than you shouldn't pay IMO

Though what if he mists you :ohdear:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Maybe New Japan can loan Yoshitatsu and Taichi to ROH so I never have to see them on my TV again

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have to think in group B it's either Kushida, ACH or Volador. Group A is wide open and half wonder if they'll have Hiromu win just for the mega push and also cause everyone will wipe each other out

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave gave Okada/Fale 4 Stars which seems right and says a lot about Okada but also brings his match average down. Which also says a lot about how good Okada is right now.

Also reading Dave's case for Liger at least making the Super J Cup final and I can get behind it. Plus with Group A being such a group of death you can pull it off without taking the heat of the rest cause the group is so stacked

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think the business side of the switch to Omega makes all the sense, much like it did for Naito to win last year. Plus it'd make for a much better G1 if you have a beaten Okada trying to win it to get the belt back.

Even if Omega doesn't sign long term you can always just give him a few month reign than have Naito beat him.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

IWGP USA Belt -

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/863201857367408640

Not a huge fan of the design compared to the main belts. It reminds me of an old NWA belt in places but with the drat red strap

Also lol why you create more belts New Japan

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wonder if New Japan would look at buying ROH....

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It'll be Cody or surprise swerve CM Punk

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

also bushiroad should have bought tna tbh

Having Okada destroy TNA would be very fitting on many levels

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I expect the final to be Elgin/Robinson/Rhodes and I suspect either Elgin/Robinson will win.

And barring a huge clusterfuck I expect the belt to be hotter than any WWE title

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NOAH's teaming up with TNA, so it's only up from here!

:(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I still would love a PS4 app so I can stream easier on my TV

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

According to the WOR Daily Update it looks like Tanahashi got hurt last night in Philly and may have a tear in the Bicep.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm guessing the tournament will take the place of the lower card multiman matches so they don't have to fly in low card guys while the top of the card should be typical main event stuff

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

harperdc posted:

Don't have to fly in and get visas and hotels for things like Yano Toru's two spots in a multi-man.

I actually hope they at least bring in Taka for the low card just because it'd be nice to see him in the US again. But we'd probably get Taichi...

Thauros posted:

I'm still bummed that it's turning out that way with all the money I'm paying to fly out or this but at least the upper card should be good. Hopefully the presentation is fairly authentic.

The upper card seems like an actual New Japan show, and as long as we get a good IWGP match it should be okay. Just hope it's like Ibushi and not Makabe

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hey Kenny's Canadian!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Oh man Naito just wrecked the IC belt today. Please be okay IC Belt.....

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wouldn't be sad if Hirmou loses cause his reign has been so good and he's clearly the number 2 star now in LIJ, but at the same time watching Kushida I keep thinking they should move him up to heavyweight. I think given enough of a push he could easily fill the space left by Shibata getting hurt

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While New Japan probably has too many belt all of them are over and it's good to have a secondary heavyweight belt for people to feud over.

And Dominion looks like a great show and i may stay up and watch it live instead of tape delay

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You have to sometimes wonder if Nagata/Tenzan would of been in conversation for that list if Inokism didn't ruin the first half of their careers *sigh*

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Besides Tag Titles I get the feeling we'll see the reverse of Wrestle Kingdom for Single Title changes at Dominion. I think Suzuki and Hiromu retain, while Okada/Naito lose to set up G1 stories for them. Especially since I think Naito needs to move on from the IC title but at this point shouldn't lose to anybody but Tanahashi/Okada/Omega...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/872749936537878528

Kota voicing himself in Tiger Mask W while actually wrestling as Tiger Mask W in real life is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I love Okada but Kenny is a good Canadian lad plus Okada needs some rest after this reign. Plus I want an actual Naito/Omega feud

• Locked thread