Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Shibata vs. Suzuki would be a natural feud they've never really done.

christ it's like you want someone to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Solus posted:

I'm meeting Bad Luck Fale tomorrow. If I wanted to ask one question for a scoop, what question would it be?

Why did he stop dying his little soul patch blonde?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

:20bux::20bux::20bux:?

unless that's in aussie funny money hell no

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Solus posted:

NZ moneys I believe, so 41 usd

International shipping more than makes up for it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats on seeing Suzuki and living to post about it!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

fart blood posted:

Cornette's rant on the match was truly old crotchety stubbornness but I think you're taking his "count out " comment out of context. He was saying that the spot was so brutal that it should be used when you want to do a count out or write someone out for an injury angle, rather than having that spot and then continuing the match for even longer afterwards. He wasn't saying end that match in a count out with that spot.

He's still a stubborn old prick with bad opinions about a modern product, though.

Cornette's literally the Old Man Yells At Cloud picture at this point, and while I'm sure he plays it up a great deal since it's what the audience expects out of him, at some point you tune him out since you know he's not gonna like poo poo.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I never knew that Tana was a performer on the BBC.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
All the ridiculous bumps, the Big Japan deathmatches, facing ZANDIG/Wifebeater in general, and this is what does him in.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I Before E posted:

NJPW Mystery Vortex

Super Dragon shows up, breaks 60% of the bones in his body.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Goto wouldn't have even been in the match if Zack was a junior. NJPW is pretty careful about balancing their tags with respect to the divisions. Plus, without ZSJ in the heavyweight division, Suzuki-Gun would just be an army of juniors (and one big gaijin) led by an already small heavyweight.

Plus this means we should get ZSJ in the G1, which means everyone wins.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ishin posted:

I think Ibushi might be on drugs...

I originally said that AJ vs. Matt Riddle would be the best match between the two dumbest people possible. I'm now considering that Kota vs. Riddle might be that match.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I will kill someone for those calves.

I will kill multiple people if it gets me those calves.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Thrifting Day! posted:

Goto sub par.

No poo poo?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

VJeff posted:

I think I might be a Hirooki Goto mark now.

We're so sorry for you.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jack Anderson posted:

Sadly I think he retired that move, due to switching to a more mat based style.

That and being 43. TAKA's been around forever y'all.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Honma had successful surgery, has begun rehabbing by headbutting his doctor.

fyp

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Really loving psyched for Sakura Genesis

Eh, I'm waiting for Sakura Dreamcast.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Demtor posted:

At least the chair was padded with a loosened seat... *shrug* i think he'll live. I'm more upset with the fact that that chair shot (which should be RARE, if used at all) didn't even pop that crowd. It was a waste.

that and japanese chairs are made out of tin foil

japanese chairs and tables are the inverse of the american ones

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Fale = Kane, basically.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I forgot that NJPW stuff was in Tekken 7 and that I can have my boy Akuma wear a Bullet Club shirt and wreck fools has me crowbarring open my wallet and throwing stacks everywhere.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
With Shibata dead, is the best idea for the G1 to have Kenny enter as champ since it means either Okada or Naito can win? If Okada enters as champ it means Naito probably wins and vice versa, since I can't see them giving Kenny two in a row.

Then again, this year either whoever wins the G1 needs to win at Wrassle Kingdome since it hasn't happened yet, or someone needs to win the G1 but lose the title shot, which would greatly widen the potential G1 winners pool and not doom the Wrassle Kingdome gate.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I hope Kenny curtain-jerks in a ten-man young boy match and never gets in :twisted:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Let Dr. Sub-Zero do what he needs to do.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

sigmachiev posted:

Echoing calls that Sanada is the one. He reminds me of early Okada - hints of an exceptional worker, but a little robotic and hasn't figured out charisma and the little nuances yet. Give him more time near the top and like Okada I bet he will.

E: Come to think of it, THAT is a good match for Long Beach with Omega because he can job no problem and both guys can have an awesome showcase.

Plus he had a bad experience with TNA as well!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Tanahashi's reaction is amazing :allears:

Oh he didn't know.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Suzuki/Goto is going to be a Lumberjack Deathmatch. What's a deathmatch in an NJPW context?

Means someone's doing a headbutt.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

checksin posted:

can someone change my name to Bad Luck Dale please

turn left dale nooooooo the rainmaker's coming

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
loving lol at yet another njpw belt that might get defended half a dozen times and not mean a goddamn thing in eightteen months out of the gate

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tanahashi got hurt last night in Philly

Super No Vacancy posted:

time to pull the trigger

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

What's next New Japan allows a bunch of Mexicans on their shows too???

Need to build that wall in the south of Japan :sad:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
When are they announcing the G1 lineup, Dominion?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

probably at intermission yeah

Any decent outsiders expected this year or are we stuck with two weeks worth of Cody Rhodes matches?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Just some back of napkin scribblings

Okada/Naito/Omega/Tana as the main four, SANADA/EVIL from LIJ, Goto/YOSHI-HASHI/Ishii/YTR from CHAOS, Fale/Tama Tonga/Tonga Roa/Cody (or like Adam Page if he's not in) from Bullet Club, Misu/ZSJ from Suzuki-gun, Elgin/Juice/Makabe/Nagata to round out the field?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I hope Cody wins the strap in LA and Kenny doesn't get it :twisted:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
this and the dome had an intermission it's what the cody match was for

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

My hope is that the Long Beach main is Okada Immediately hits a dropkick and then just starts spamming Rainmakers until Kenny walks out and throws in the towel to the protest of no one.

I hope Cody wins in less than 5 minutes and wonders why Kenny struggled so much :twisted:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I hope Dave unironically gives Okada/Omega 3 a million billion stars and completely breaks the scale, to where it's a big deal when he only gives a match 70 million stars in the future.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lid posted:

Balls, reading an interview from Cobb a few weeks back and he says his dream is to wrestle Japan. He's been told he's a shorter Gary Albright and his style would translate very well.

Isn't AAA still linked with NOAH? I know it's not the same but it's still Japan.

Alternatively, let's send him to DDT what could go wrong

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

LIJorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Just some back of napkin scribblings

Okada/Naito/Omega/Tana as the main four, SANADA/EVIL from LIJ, Goto/YOSHI-HASHI/Ishii/YTR from CHAOS, Fale/Tama Tonga/Tonga Roa/Cody (or like Adam Page if he's not in) from Bullet Club, Misu/ZSJ from Suzuki-gun, Elgin/Juice/Makabe/Nagata to round out the field?

Missed on Tanga Roa/Bullet Club Yank for Kota/Kojima, which I guess is a better trade overall. Now to be wrong on the groupings!!!:

A: Okada/Ibushi/YTR/Misu/Fale/SANADA/Elgin/Kojima/Juice/YOSHI
B: Naito/Omega/Tana/Goto/Ishii/ZSJ/Tonga/EVIL/Makabe/Nagata

They're not going to go Okada/Omega 3 this soon and even if Okada/Naito isn't the Dome plan it makes sense to keep them apart for now. I also don't think they want both singles champs in the same block (unless Cody loving Rhodes is actually winning the belt) so we end up with B being potentially stacked. Okada can still take losses to Ibushi/Misu/Fale to keep him out of the final. After that it's just splitting up stables as much as possible and being wrong there isn't as big a deal.

I'll guess Naito beats Ibushi in the finals, Kota's got enough credibility that he can believably give Naito a go in the finals, plus we keep Kenny/Ibushi apart so they can meet up later down the road as well.

• Locked thread