Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Germ Incubator posted:

I did have one at some point, the range was pants though. I would prob have to set up a second router for it to work upstairs, which is where I'm watching most of the time. Haven't a clue where to even start with that :/

if you've got ethernet wired up, the Chromecast Ultra has an ethernet port on it. it costs like twice as much which is annoying (as far as I can tell the only other difference is that it has 4k?) but it might be an option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i kind of want to get my los ingobernables hat signed by naito, sanada, bushi, and evil at the roh show next week but it'd literally be $20 per signature and i'm just not sure bushi has done enough to earn my 20 bucks

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

If you are going to get all the B rate Ingobernable autographs you shouldn't stop short.

hiromu isn't there because ring of honor is a bad company :argh:

will have to get the real ace's signature another time

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 6, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

It takes like 3 Rainmakers to put away every challenger these days.

there was some maybe-overly-marky blog post I kinda liked that basically was like "the day Okada loses is the day he lets go of the wrist, because the whole point isn't the Rainmaker itself, it's his ability to do them repeatedly"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

extremely agreed but i do give people outside the us a bit of leeway for it

it is uncool to parody slogans that put fascists into power unless you're at least using it against said fascist

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Normally I don't bother with the house shows, but it's been a minute since the G1 finals and I'm happy to see some of my NJPW wrestlefriends again!! Will probably watch all of tonight's show and catch whatever's good from the 7/9 one

Excited for these:

quote:

Juice Robinson and War Machine vs. Bullet Club (GoD and the debut of Leo Tonga)
Elimination Match:CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, YTR, Ospreay, and Rocky) vs. L.I.J

CHAOS (Will Ospreay and Rocky Romero) vs. L.I.J (Hiromu and BUSHI)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gently caress you if you didn't tear up when the FINAL MATCH card popped up on the screen

roppongi... roppongi vice... :smith:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i hope rocky manages trent and just cuts english promos into the camera every match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

BIG MIKE STICKING UP FOR HIS FRIEND TANAHASHI THIS RULES

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:'(

am i an idiot for really thinking zsj had a shot there, especially if they wanted to make suzuki-gun stop looking like such a joke? this is tragic

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The Cameo posted:

edit: also I’m gonna guess they’re gonna do Suzuki/Elgin for the NEVER title with some “no Suzuki-gun” thing that forces them to go one on one as a rubber match at Wrestle Kingdom.

*whispers* cage match

make it happen gedo

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that was the first top to bottom NJPW card I watched since the first night of the G1 and it was pretty dang fun! I mostly had it on English commentary as background noise while I played games but Kushida/Desperado and Funky Future/Suzuki-Gun were both surprisingly rad matches

also what the hell is tanahashi doing

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

great match, the opening Hiromu/Ospreay sequence and the entire ending sequence were fantastic

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

juice :ohdear:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

3 dragon suplexes and 2 3 4 v triggers, juice is fuckin dead

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gently caress

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

oatgan posted:

uggggggggh if it's yoshihashi vs kenny in chicago

lmaoooo

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I got to hold Daryl

Best $20 I’ve ever spent

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:vince:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

watching the 10/21 Road to show (the Nagata one) and the 3rd tag match with Titan/Dragon Lee/Tiger Mask/Liger vs Taguchi/KUSHIDA/ACH/Kawato is loving ridiculous on paper but actually fuckin dope, worth a watch

has there been any storyline justification for why KUSHIDA is taking Kawato under his wing? I know he's there to take the pin but I'm still curious.

I kinda don't know what to expect from the tournament itself. KUSHIDA & Kawato are definitely going out round 1, but otherwise I dunno. Roppongi 3K just won the titles and could win the whole thing to look strong as hell, or maybe even lose against Taguchi & ACH in the final to get revenge?

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 23, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

extremely jealous of all y'all doing WK trips! Please take notes so when I go later in 2018 (maybe around the G1?) I have ideas of things to do :)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 25, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

main event loving ruled

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

here's the card for this mystery show, as announced at top (I mostly typed this out to avoid watching the opener)

tiger mask & liger vs taka & taichi
yano & goto vs suzuki & izuka or whatever chain guy is called
yoshi-hashi, baretta, ospreay vs omega, owens, scurll
tanahashi, kushida, kawato, makabe, kitamura vs ibushi, dragon lee, juice robinson, titan, david finlay
okada, ishii, gedo vs naito, evil, sanada
taguchi & ach vs despy & kanemaru
sho & yo vs bushi & takahashi

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 30, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HOLY gently caress KENNY

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/924939882249588736

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

korakuen hall crowd very angry at trent for breaking up a kenny and scurll kiss, and, hell, same

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the day kawato gets the pin will be the greatest day in the history of our great sport

this has been a fun-rear end show so far, and I am looking forward to the fun rear end show in the semi-main. let's go super 69 !!!!

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 30, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gently caress YEAH SUPER 69

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ his chest :gonk:

chops should not make you bleed :stonk:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

give yoh roman's vest so this poo poo doesn't happen again cuz ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

VJeff posted:

By the way I'm a big fan of Kelly and Callis marking the gently caress out during Jericho's challenge.

Kelly and Callis are pretty good now; I just wish they were a tad less smarky (though they're so much better than e.g. Striker, or a lot of indie commentary) and had more enthusiasm during undercard matches

I really like watching the English streams now though because they do a great job providing context that isn't always obvious, especially in multi-mans with a few angles going on. For as much as NJPW isn't great about having an English-friendly web presence, it definitely seems like they're providing the commentary with a lot of notes

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this is a nightmare scenario

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/938333810080473088

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

if you don't watch the full press conference, you'll miss Kenny smartly lampshading how "WWE-like" the build to this has been. this angle rules

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it's really funny to me that full heel jericho's promos are basically the same as comedy heel jericho's, but that's what made the beatdown so brilliant

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

rovert posted:

Kenny dives outside after 3 minutes and then they go to commercial break. With Ibushi on commentary.

you kid but I feel like, no matter how much Jericho hypes this up as a huge clusterfuck brawl of a match, we're definitely gonna get some slightly-too-long chinlock heat spots

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/940624368970993665
i'm so mad at bix for this tweet because he's right and i will never again be able to hear a kenny omega promo without imagining a codec screen

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

I like that he still wears the scarf for some reason.

The scarf was always a shoot

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

sounds like today's show was sufficiently short + hype i should at least throw it on in the background, nice

man it'd be insanely dope if they had done the YLC final as like a Dome show super-undercard match, but I don't know, maybe fans would just totally reject that

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Kitamura/Kawato go to a time limit draw tomorrow then each win their final match leaving them in joint first place and needing a tiebreaker at the Dome?

:pray:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

With LIJ losing the trio's titles poor Bushi doesn't have anything going on for WK12.

new japan rumble winner 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Roque11 posted:

Somebody found a 2018 War Machine booking.

nothing like teaming with Michael Elgin to show they're definitely in it for the long haul

• Locked thread