Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

fart blood posted:

Eh, I don't buy it. The champ is supposed to be the best in his division. If he gets pinned like anyone else, I begin to care less about seeing someone take the belt off him.

If a champ has to get pinned in a non title match, it should be very, very, very, very infrequently. I mean, "once every seven years" kind of infrequently. That way, it's shocking, and means more.

If a champ has to lose, do it in a tag match where his partner isn't a champion and let him eat the pin instead. It's an easy angle. The challenger pins the champ's partner, so that's a loss in the champ's record. The challenger can then boast that when they meet at the PPV or whatever, he's gonna pin him. Or whatever. I'm making naan and there's flour all over my hands so I'm typing like a retard.
It should be believable that guys who put 200% into a match the night before and were pretty battered and beaten, especially a guy like Okada. Omega, or Naito, would lose to someone who had a much lighter match the night before (Like Elgin) could pull off an upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Honma beat(s) his depressed wife and believed it was in his right to do so. Guy is probably close to Benoit levels of hosed up from brain trauma

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

There's a reason Suzuki isn't on the poster :getin:
Does that imply Elgin is also winning the IC title? It's been pretty important lately since their main event scene is pretty over-filled.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I wonder if Bullet Club will take a break for a while and come back, emphasizing Kenny Omega's comment about him wanting to take NJPW Global and becoming a more tweener faction after Suzuki Gun mop up CHAOS

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I wonder what Kota Ibushi's going to be doing moving forward. Ibushi/Omega seems like a money feud in NJPW but I think he's still wrestling's Buddhist Monk and intent on.....Doing whatever it is he plans on doing with his career.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'll let you guys in on a secret, Cornette is putting on a character because he thinks if he poo poo-talks the Young Bucks and Omega enough it will generate interest in some kind of feud but Omega and The Young bucks have been approached by Cornette before to do some work together and they don't like him at all.

Considering that a feud with Jim Cornette would be a step down for them I don't blame them

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's the sound of rain so in content it looks like he's trying to say he wants to make her wet, and is asking if she's wet etc. If anyone wants to page Harper he probably knows better Japanese slang

Solus posted:

Oh so it's the japanese equivalent of 🍆💦💦
Assuming that's the wet emoji then yea

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 18, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How long of an extension did Kenny sign?

Also the idea of a Tiger Mask winning a world heavyweight title is an interesting one
It's going to be amusing if Kota Ibushi couldn't win the NJPW Title but Kota Ibushi as Tiger Mask W can.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Venomous posted:

ftfy b/c holy poo poo if Honma comes back he needs to stop doing diving headbutts
Honma is probably 3/4ths of the way to Benoit levels of hosed up. He's already an unapologetic wife beater so it's best if he were to just retire

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Reminder that ARASHI got basically blackballed for weed. NJPW would probably encourage courts to throw the book at somebody caught using blow. I'm sure there are puro guys who do recreational drugs but they're probably in the minority, Japan has a real hardline attitude about hard narcotics and recreational drugs in general. See also: Sydal, Matt.

That seems a lot more likely, especially given how shredded Shibata is.
Io Shirai was almost blackballed because of weed, too. It's what distanced her away from Asuka & Mio Shirai which eventually lead to her career taking off in STARDOM though, so god bless NOSAWA I guess

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

oatgan posted:

can we really blame nosawa when he was quite literally framed for the crime by el blazer for a contract in aaa
She was shunned by her sister and Asuka because of NOSAWA before the weed drama even happened tho

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

The latest Kairi Hojo/Toni Storm match is well worth a month's sub imo for Stardom. Then you'll discover Kris Wolf promos and stay for life.

Their roster is super thin but bolstered by a rotating array of gaijin so there's always fresh matches. Or if you wanna watch two tiny japanese women hit each other full force, they got you covered for that as well.
There's a lot of good matches from Shirai and Meiko as well but Kris Wolf is a gem and it's too bad she didn't start until she was 30

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's so weird how we thought that NJPW were stupid for making Okada a champion when he debuted after being some random TNA jobber dork into a legitimate best wrestler of the last 20 years and then they somehow transitioned Naito from basically Roman Reigns poochie position into this super charasmatic rebel who's a legit top star now.

I think even Paul Heyman would be jealous of how good Jado and Gedo are at finding nobodies and turning them into stars. I'm starting to believe that Kushia is the best Jr Heavyweight since the KENTA/Marifuji era.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I said "A legitimate best of the last 20 years" as in, one of the best of the last 20 years. Not THE best of the last 20 years

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I still can't believe that Ibushi gave up both the NJPW main event and a WWE contract to play an anime in the opening cards of NJPW shows

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I wonder if Kota will be ringside for the main event
I doubt it, unless it's to build up Omega/Ibushi in NJPW

And jesus christ the Liger pops

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TTBF posted:

What song is causing the issues with the audio?
The Immigrant Song

SatoshiMiwa posted:

He's also free to live his dream of moonsaulting off every structure known to man
He literally just did a backflip off the ring for no particular reason after the match was over

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Those drat Young Bucks! :argh:
GO HOMMU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is NJPWworld the only way to watch this? I don't really want to sign up for two matches
It's worth price of admission, and if you stick around G1 Climax is soon too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Over/under on F bombs this match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cody is forever 18

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

WHO'S THAT JUMPIN OUT THE SKY

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

The English commentator they had didn't even bother with kayfabe. He was terrible. None of them sounded bothered, just two boring shits. Japanese commentary is better even if I don't know wtf they're saying

Also, since I have njpwworld now, can someone recommend me some Tana matches? I like him
Watch ever Okada/Tanahashi match for starters.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Watch Tanahashi vs Karl Anderson from The New Beginning 2013. It was my MOTY for 2013.
Mine too, and I think it holds up to tons of the NJPW main events. Probably one of my favorite 5 matches of the last 5 years.

e: Extremely overlooked and under-rated compared to the NJPW main shows the last 6 years.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I've never seen a match where there was 0% chance of a title change that made me more sure I was going to see a title change even though I knew it was impossible.
It was the absolute best Cinderella story / underdong match. Nobody thought he was going to win, but that match was so gravitational.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I hope he doesn't come back, dude needs to rest. Sounds like he was pulling a Stan Hansen for quite a while already

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

We used to hate Okada and Naito too. Jedo/Gedo are bookers of the century.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm afraid to see KUSHIDA and AA competing to see who can kill themselves quicker during a match using suicide dives

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

checksin posted:

Is Hot Topic the same company as Spencer's Gifts? I got a gift card for that place about four years ago that might have a use now
Most malls have both but they're separate

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I really wanted a NJPW shirt but like hell I'll ever give PWT money

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ibushi is an anomaly. Not just in wrestling, but life in general.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

Meltzer's story was false as I said.
Which story?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The_Rob posted:

We aren't it's just roverts weird insistence to point it out at every instance and then talk about how actually he was right. I don't care if Big Dave is wrong sometimes. It happens it's the nature of his job.
It isn't even huge game-changing things either that are pointed out. It's stuff that barely matters.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/886530081086029824

This is the best love story in professional wrestling.
It kinda goes deeper than that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

tnimark posted:

When I saw Fale at the merch table when he was in Melbourne a few weeks ago I was really surprised he wasn't taller. I'm 6'2" and he was roughly my height. I was expecting him to be towering over me.
When Matt Morgan wasn't wearing lifts (IE House Shows) he was about the same height as I am and I'm 6'2 as well

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

KoldPT posted:

I've been going back and watching Okada's run by following the senorlariato recommended matches in the google doc, from his first title win onwards. It's impressive how much and how quickly he improved - by the time AJ Styles came in, Okada was already as good as him. He's only become better since.
There's absolutely no way anyone would have known that Joe's little buddy doing a lovely Green Hornet gimmick would have been one of the best wrestlers of this decade which makes NJPW booking even better. Hell, when they started to push Naito he was NJPW's Roman Reigns and now he's probably #2 in the company

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Benne posted:

Hiromu is kind of a fascinating example of how much a guy can reinvent himself on excursion. He started off doing the Young Lions thing with an all-generic character as per tradition, went to Mexico and worked under a mask as Kamaitachi, lost the mask during an instant-classic feud with Dragon Lee, kept wrestling as Kamaitachi for a bit, and then came back to Japan working his real name but with the new Time Bomb gimmick, which he later tweaked into a caretaker of lazy stuffed cats.

(deep breath)

Dude's only 27, by the way.
I don't know why I never thought of it but yeah, Hiromu was Kamaitachi and it never even crossed my mind, I guess that's how much he changed when he came back

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

2/5 Daryl did not replace chewie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

does anyone in Japan even associate the Bullet Club with ROH?

• Locked thread