Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bjhn0_yuki-ishikawa-vs-daisuke-ikeda-futen_sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
it's not really a privileged style in Tanahashi's NJPW. Shibata is a holdover from a different era (and even he works significantly differently than he did 10 years ago).

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jan 14, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i dare say there won't be any in the future either. anyway there's tons of Big Mouth Loud stuff on youtube if you want more of that style (though with more submission work and less cooperative trading of strikes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9UWqFeGhZ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHyRg3-Eb-w

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 14, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I don't believe for a second that Shibata is losing to a junior on an NJPW show. Even with him in the doghouse I'm skeptical.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
it says chapuchapu, as far as i can tell it's just an onomatopoeia like "splash" and idk what the person translating it was thinking? someone with better jp knowledge can probably provide more insight.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 18, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

RealFoxy posted:

It's the sound of rain so in content it looks like he's trying to say he wants to make her wet, and is asking if she's wet etc. If anyone wants to page Harper he probably knows better Japanese slang
Assuming that's the wet emoji then yea

this makes sense but when i googled ”チャプチャプ エロ” i just got a bunch of naked japnese women in baths :shrug:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

harperdc posted:

Tl;dr basically. Chapu-chapu is "splish-splash" so draw the connections you want. Japanese ain't a great language for swearing or sexting.

all those mimetic words really make it sound like baby talk to me its creepy

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

harperdc posted:

Iizuka is the drizzling shits, sorry to ruin that for everyone.

he was in the best match of the 2000s though

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Super No Vacancy posted:

tiger mask w getting the belt and kenny challenging him for it seems inevitable for sometime this year, what with w getting a non-title shot and being in the new japan cup and kenny essentially saying he was returning to new japan to work an angle with ibushi

kota is never winning the belt come on

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

rovert posted:

Let's say as a hypothetical ZSJ isn't a New Japan Junior

have a hard time believing they'd push a guy who looks like that as a heavyweight

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Roque11 posted:

War Machine gets a big win over the tag champs and Adam Cole is starting a new angle with Kenny Omega. So about these rumors of them leaving for WWE? LOL!

wanna address KOR being MIA

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
told ya

https://twitter.com/polwres/status/842703210158706688

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
called it

https://twitter.com/polwres/status/807172786376572928

https://twitter.com/polwres/status/816698846088728576

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i think he will be a champion eventually. most likely not right now though, although i wouldn't be confident in ruling out the possibility entirely either

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I really liked Jay in NJPW but he's felt utterly unremarkable in the ROH stuff I've seen from him, not sure if that's his fault or ROH's though (probably at least some of the latter because when is it not). I think he could use a little less vanilla look at least.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
the sext stuff didn't get any traction outside of hardcore fan circles and it's not that surprising that he'd get a push the year after he finally signed with the company

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Solus posted:

They're trying to make it as sports like as possible

if that were the case i'd worry about the outside interference and dudes spitting mist before the lighting lol

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
nobody wins constantly in WWE lol

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
1000 seats sounds like about the setup i expected them to use. aren't there other rooms they could use? i doubt they're using the big arena.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 24, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
they were already renting out the convention center for the Bushiroad event there anyway. that's the whole reason it's there to begin with.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
That was probably my favourite NJPW main event in a while, only thing that brought it down was Okada isn't really capable of convincingly taking it to Shibata, yet he didn't really have to change his gameplan at all and eventually just won anyway despite several spots that seemed expressly designed to establish Shibata's superiority as a fighter. He's a great target for an rear end beating though and I like him much more when he's playing the heel.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

taking some tours off bc they have too many guys to book them all right now

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
that's kinda crazy considering he hasn't even been there that long, i thought Rocky would be in that spot if anyone

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Capsaicin posted:

Big Dave reporting that the Shibata surgery might be a work to put over the brutality of that match.

he walked it back on twitter

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/851464999029456896

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/851855331089145857

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/851863967291109383

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

He said it was a work this morning, unless I totally misheard. That quote screams work too. Remember, Misawa's doctor was a worker too.

oh you're right. well this is confusing.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I mean he already kinda did that once

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

There's really no one who would work better for this title shot than Fale.

yeah he's the perfect placeholder challenger. big enough and protected enough to always be a threat, not a good enough worker or over enough that you're losing anything by having him lose the big matches every time.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Forceholy posted:

I always thought of Fale as the NJPW version of Big Show with a better workrate.

taking the average of their respective careers I'd easily take Show over Fale I think

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
idk if not giving away too much in a building that you know will sell out regardless is "brand over booking". maybe on the part of the fans that bought tickets already.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 4, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Basic Chunnel posted:

Like the show is undoubtedly going to be a moderate success at the least, but NJPW isn't backing up their saber-rattling re: taking on WWE in even a cursory way. We all knew (hoped?) they weren't serious, but it sucks for folks who were hoping for a certain caliber of match to take place on US soil at some point in the future.

I mean it's a preliminary testing of the waters. the very fact that the main title will be defended at all speaks to a degree of seriousness about the whole thing imo.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Jubs posted:

We'll get to witness the Young Bucks win the Jr. Tag Titles and the NEVER Trio Titles change hands for the millionth time!

I'm pretty sure one of the main events will be ELITE vs. CHAOS or LIJ.

if the thing the guy said about all the belts being defended is true its gonna be an IC title match on one day and a Heavyweight title match on the other

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
they're not going to push a non-dojo Japanese guy to the top so that limits their options as far as star making. I guess you could argue they did it with Ibushi but they never let him win a single major match as a heavyweight, not even against fuckin Makabe for the NEVER. anyway that leaves... EVIL and YOSHI-HASHI I guess?

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 5, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
it's clear from looking at the cards that Hiromu/Ospreay and Volador/KUSHIDA are the matches to decide who advances. KUSHIDA over Ospreay in the final is my guess.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

SalTheBard posted:

What the gently caress happened to KUSHIDA? Guy goes from ace to jobber in 4 month span. Who did he piss off? I know he won the ROH TV title but I'm speaking specifically in NJPW.

he's probably gonna win the tournament

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
yea Cena has a lot of that too

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

sigmachiev posted:

Thinking it through a bit, the CMLL relationship becomes even more important in 2018 if they're going to run the subsidiary mostly out of LA. It's a smart move for both to always have some visibility of those guys going forward.

this is true, but I wonder if they have anyone capable of marketing to the Latino community out there. I understand that lucha shows regularly draw well in that area but your typical indie wrestling fan barely even knows about them, so I'd imagine the inverse is likely also true.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Spermgod posted:

it's clear from looking at the cards that Hiromu/Ospreay and Volador/KUSHIDA are the matches to decide who advances. KUSHIDA over Ospreay in the final is my guess.

may ninth baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Agreed, I don't like the idea of weight classes being a ranking of how important you are in the company. It's not WWE.

they are though and always have been

• Locked thread