Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Who do I have to bribe to get Billy Gunn into GBH? I want the real Billy Gunn to team up with the japanese Billy Gunn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I would two things from New Japan in 2017.

Honma to win a title and keep it for a little while.

Shibata vs Suzuki.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
poo poo, please get better Honma. :(

I love that big dumb guy even if he should stop doing the headbutts.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I've seen some posts about region locked stuff on New Japan World, which shows do they region lock? I'm not real keen on signing up for it if I also have to jump through some proxy hoops to actually watch it.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Super No Vacancy posted:

they only region lock live broadcasts of international shows, i.e. roh ppvs and cmll streams. the roh ppvs have all been region free on demand to the best of my knowledge. also the proxy hoops are easy enough if you want live njpw vs. roh ppvs included in your scrip

I mostly just want live njpw, so thats good to hear.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Is there a kayfabe explanation for Kitamura having pointy fangs or is it just a side-effect of eating all the steroids?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

I Before E posted:

Isn't that already EVIL's gimmick?

uhm no, he is the King of Darkness.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm pretty sure if Kitamura chopped me, I would actually die from it.

You can just duck like everybody else does when he does his huge wind-up.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
can someone talk at length about Hirai Kawato?

This years G1 is the first time I've really seen him and he seems like he has the potential to be a real good wrestler.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

gif Probst posted:

WCW had at peak belt year 1991:

WCW World Heavyweight Championship (1991-2001)
WCW Television Championship (1991-2000)
WCW United States Championship (1991-2001)
WCW Light Heavyweight Championship (1991-1992)
WCW 6-Man Tag Team Championship (1991-1991)
WCW United States Tag Team Championship (1991-1992)
WCW World Tag Team Championship (1991-2001)

As evidenced here, a lot of these titles were created when WCW was finally defined and separated from the NWA during an establishment period, and were dropped pretty quickly. The 6 man and US tag Titles were dropped for good, the Light Heavyweight title would be brought back as the Cruiserweight title years later. 1996 wound up being something of another expansion year with the addition of a women's championship that was hardly defended and dropped not too long after its inception. An August 1996 Observer noted that a WCW Japanese Heavyweight championship was commissioned, but it never came to fruition. My speculation was that this would have been a championship to be loaned out to NJPW since that was their primary partner out there.

1997 had:

WCW World Heavyweight Championship (1991-2001)
WCW Television Championship (1991-2000)
WCW United States Championship (1991-2001)
WCW World Tag Team Championship (1991-2001)
WCW Cruiserweight Championship (1996 - 2001)
WCW Women's Championship (1996-1997)
WCW Women's Cruiserweight Championship (1997)

Both womens titles ended up going to Japan as part of the working releationship with GAEA but since that ended in late 1997 it was very shortlived. I wonder where those belts are now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to take Jay White seriously. He looks like a 14 year old pretending to be a wrestler.

• Locked thread