Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

drat mark hunt has taste

A few years ago, I asked Fale if he knew Mark Hunt and he said they worked out together a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Striker pissed off Kidani and that's why he was never asked back?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stanfield posted:

Can someone give me the rundown on Suzuki-Gun? I haven't watched any NOAH so I only know about MiSu himself, TAKA and Davey Boy Jr.

Suzukigun exists to gently caress poo poo up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Not sure how it started, but abusing that Nagata-loving announcer has been part of his shtick for as long as I've been watching.

Here's one of his more elaborate paint jobs:

Shinpei Nogami loves Nagata the way Okada loves Gedo. Its very pure. Iizuka is jealous no one loves him that way.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

Well maybe if he wasn't a lame one-trick pony who completely sucks in the ring and makes up for his flaws by attacking the same person over and over and over and over again, someone would actually love him :colbert: .

Iizuka is awesome and invited to my birthday party. You are not.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I also noticed that sometimes both DDT, NJPWworld and We Are Stardom struggle when I'm using Safari to watch. Not really sure what's up with that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Shibata/Ospreay was 5 but its pretty clear Dave and I watch wrestling differently.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

good news Yoshitatsu's now teaming with Los Ingobernables in CMLL

he immediately went into old man rudo mode and it was fuckin great. Lucha purists were not enthused.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pulling for YOSHI-HASHI to shoot on Cole and pick up his first world title victory.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Not until he takes time off to get that skull lump fixed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bigass Moth posted:

But the young bucks aren't and they are physically larger than him.

Zack's also way more muscley than either of the bucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

Hot take: I can't stand Toru Yano

EDIT: Except when he tagged with Ishii. I loved Ishii's total disdain for him as they would continue to win matches.

Yano is one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. Utterly destroyed Suzuki.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

There is another Goon I watch NJPW with and he loves Yano. I just can't get into him.

I like him because the only thing he brings to the table is being able to gently caress with anyone. He's not like a WWE style heel that only knows "powder during babyface fire" and "look vaguely confused while brutalizing a babyface." More like the old school memphis/southern style heels that knew just the right trick at the right time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

I'm willing to give this a shot. I have NJPW World. What are 3 Toru Yano matches that I should watch?

His matches against Suzuki are the best. Suzuki literally tries everything short of bringing a chainsaw and he always ends up short against YTR.

If you've got the cash, I strongly suggest importing the YTR VTRs and grabbing the english subtitles. You find out super important facts about CHAOS's history and Ishii's love of big tits.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I refuse to be moderated by anyone that doesn't recognize the greatness that is Fale.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BodyMassageMachine posted:

What's Bone Soldier up to? He hasn't shown up in a while and wasn't really getting booked much before that anyway. Did New Japan finally cut him?

doubtful. I believe he's an office guy for NJPW alongside his jobberly duties.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drugs are really hard to score in Japan. Don't go to Japan expecting to do drugs. Maybe painkillers if you find a greedy clinic worker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roman Reigns posted:

Is it a Japanese thing not to help out a performer who could barely go a few steps without collapsing to the back? Jesus

japan MMA has a 12 yr old fighting a 20 year old. go check the b-league thread for more context.

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 26, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fale could beat up Jinder. And if Fale can't gently caress him up, he's got a posse of overly caffeinated tongans down the road that'll finish the job.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Push Juice.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

I think you mean shoot juice.

you don't shoot on Juice. Naito tried that and got stuffed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Solus posted:

as someone who works closely with him, he's working out like a mad oval office to lose weight

personally I think his power was in his bleached facial hair and he's mostly stopped doing that now

I'm pretty happy with his matches. He moves like a very large man which is what I expect. I mean its cool when big dudes do flips and crossfit fighting but there's something to be said about a guy that moves like he's the gravitational object the universe bends around.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sigmachiev posted:

Sorry if this is a noob idiot question, but on NJPW World, is there a way to unlock regions? Just tried to fire it up and i'm getting a lock out.

you'll need to use a browser VPN like Hola to get around region restrictions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ishin posted:

How the gently caress is he going to be back in less than a month.

taking time off and getting good medical care that isn't going to bankrupt him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

checksin posted:

i think i prefer the IC title just going away rather than, say, unifying it with the dumb US one
i support you naitoo~

kinda hope Naito wins the US one and never defends or mentions it ever again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The latest Kairi Hojo/Toni Storm match is well worth a month's sub imo for Stardom. Then you'll discover Kris Wolf promos and stay for life.

Their roster is super thin but bolstered by a rotating array of gaijin so there's always fresh matches. Or if you wanna watch two tiny japanese women hit each other full force, they got you covered for that as well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Reminder that Misawa was still turning in A+ main events right up until his death. Okada is on that track but not there just yet. We will see how he fares as the injuries start to limit his mobility.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

japanese commentary for a japanese product. only way to keep it authentic.

anyway here's everyday Tanahashi:

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/883591865085214720

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so does Tiger Hattori not attend any of the business planning meetings?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The_Rob posted:

I guess my real point is. Does it matter?

yes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tweak posted:

I'm unable to phrase it without being a dick, but I'm genuinely curious if when he talks to his sources does he preface it by saying, "I'm writing an article for xyz" or, "I'm writing a post for Rowdy Ringsports." Or is it more of a friendly thing where he texts a buddy going, "you see this poo poo meltzer wrote? Is that true?"

:chillout:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I killed Spike Dudley once. And I still feel bad about it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kenny's gonna shoot on a dude if he fucks up the star ratings.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah but what if it was EVIL in the Daryl suit?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So I wanted to get something that would let me watch NJPW(and other stuff) on my TV that didn't require me lugging an HDMI capable laptop or fighting with Chromecast or Airplay. So I did some digging and came up with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Y4KBZ9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its ASUS Chromebit. USB stick sized computer running Chrome OS. I got a little bluetooth keyboard+mouse(size of a remote) but I'm not really enamored with it(needs a scroll wheel and the touchpad isn't sensitive enough), so I won't link it.

Because Chrome OS is pretty locktight, it freaks out NJPW World's browser detection, even though everything is HTML5 now.

So you need to add this browser extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher
It lets you emulate other browsers, satisfying NJPW World's junk.

The only other streaming service I've tried is Stardom and it works awesomely. Stardom, NJPW World and DDT World all share the same backend content dealie so they all should work with setup.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

or just from the chrome web browser. I only basically use chrome for media streaming but it was well worth the 30 bucks just for NJPW and CMLL. I've had zero issues with it all year

I've had nothing but problems with it, honestly. maybe I should stop wrapping my laptops in tinfoil.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

getting blackballed into a bigger payday, the SANADA story.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Okada's the exception to the rule. My understanding was when he returned from TNA he was PISSED, cut a big promo and that really impressed GEDO. PLus being an absolute physical specimen really helps too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

super macho dude posted:

Rules in NJPW are just sort of fast and loose.

the refs are expected to bring the match to a finish, so they tend to give leeway. Same reason they don't start counting as soon as it goes to the outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shibata comes back and says his name is Daryl. Problem solved everyone.

• Locked thread