Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i think my overlords got the same thought-a-day calendar

they want me to learn tanium so i can security janitor terabytes of stuff at a time instead of the "just a few hundred gigs or so" i'm doing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

Now them secfuck boys got themselves into a heap of trouble.

i'll be 167-7216

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

well that sure is something

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

not in chrome it isn't

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

https://twitter.com/zackwhittaker/status/817127114969403393

geek squad was literally the Stasi and used data recovery tools to look for poo poo on your hard drive that would earn them FBI bounties

if you give your computer, which contains evidence of you committing crimes, to someone else, you are a moron

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Fortunately the 4th amendment isn't means tested to only apply to non-morons.

i agree there's a difference between a guy searching your drive because he's bored and a guy searching your drive cause his fbi handlers told him to, cause one's just poo poo luck and the other's a giant problem

lol who am i kidding of course they were agent police

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

OSI bean dip posted:

lol so whiny

wait, what group posted that message

i didn't catch their name

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Twist ties take longer to open than tsa locks and they're cheaper to replace when they're inevitably cut off anyway

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

to the extent that the law can be flexed, for compelling reasons like "because we can" and "gently caress you"

don't put your pii on a server in someone else's country or your own country

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

poop touching is bad especially when it's elected official poop but what do you want to bet his "secret questions" have "truthful answers"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

trumpet winsockpuppet

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Wild EEPROM posted:

And don't even get me started on intel's cpu naming scheme

got nothin on video cards

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

You have been selected for the [four-day] McAfee Policy Ochestrator administrator course

it's me, i'm the secfuck

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i'm seriously not sure if that's a real thing or an attempt to be funny or both

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

yes, "knockoffs"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Pppp Ppppppp,

Pppp ppppp ppp ppppp?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I have no trouble believing that a cop infected his machine with ransomware by clicking on att-hippiegotlippy.aiff.pif

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

we need more markov bot projects

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

vodkat posted:

so in America you can go to jail for pressing a button to accurately :rip:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

power companies should start making inroads in infosec by triggering random power outages and charging customers for it

brownsomeware

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

a gibbering idiot (something you are), with a mental illness (something you have), making vomit on the internet (something you know)

i can verify this is eripsa

system works

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

ah, in Canada people from certain countries can opt to have it omitted. some Iranian friends of mine have theirs omitted on the advice of the passport office, to ease entry into the US and other countries

and even if you do guess what gently caress you

quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/another-canadian-citizen-refused-entry-united-states-border-1.3976230

Another Canadian with Moroccan roots has been refused entry at Quebec's border with the United States after being questioned for five hours and having his phone searched.

Yassine Aber, a 19-year-old kinesiology student at the University of Sherbrooke, was denied entry Thursday while trying to cross the border at Stanstead, Que.

Aber was travelling to a track meet in Boston with other members of the university's track-and-field team. He was born in Canada to parents who were originally from Morocco and was travelling on a valid Canadian passport.

Four other Canadian citizens of Moroccan heritage were denied entry at a different border crossing into Vermont on Saturday after facing questions about their Moroccan roots and their Muslim faith.

that hotbed of terrorist activity morocco

but don't lie to dhs/ice or you'll get held up forever

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

seriously though just log out of your poo poo and put the password in a password safe on dropbox, that's probalby good enough and it doesn't put you in a position where you need to lie to keep someone else from having your passwords to your angsty myspace poetry

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

vOv posted:

would they then ask you for your dropbox creds and the safe password?

then they'd have to get the wifi working or find internet access and know how to work the programs and :effort: move along citizen

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Meat Beat Agent posted:

car go bep bep quote this if you agree

bgp bgp

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ate all the Oreos posted:

im updating the firmware on a point of sale system right now. the new firmware came in the form of a zip archive on some rando dropbox, and i upload it by running an anomalous bat file that, so far, has just printed an endless stream of periods to the console window

the dot product of an attack vector

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

good, the aftermath of the tjmaxx and home depot breaches were kinda bullshit

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

infernal machines posted:

local secfuck: went to a local rogers reseller today to swap my cable modem, all their demo androids are signed in using the store's gmail account. google drive shows all the store's files, presumably backed up to the cloud, including store security, accounting, employee, and customer information.

somehow no one seems to have noticed this.

gg guys.

good morning privacy commissioner, no i'd rather not hold thanks

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

haw haw i bet teh secfuck has a smaller secfuck inside guys

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

OSI bean dip posted:

that said the rumour is that they're unsure how they got breached even though it seems to be based on previous breach data (ie: from Ashley Madison or whatever) being used to get access

i'd also heard that it was less "someone broke the ice on our gibson" and more "people bad at picking passwords are also bad at not reusing passwords"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

cloumarf

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i'll be snap widget i guess

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/0DDJ0BB/status/834985778593804288

i'm pretty sure tweeting "hey guys call me it's important" is probably not the only way he makes disclosures, but hey i could be wrong it's not like i know the guy

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/andywingo/status/835132154749272064

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

clicked expecting tx/rx lights on a network jack

quote:

But the simplest countermeasure by far is simply to cover the computer’s LED itself. Once, a piece of tape over a laptop’s webcam was a sign of paranoia. Soon, a piece of tape obscuring a computer’s hard drive LED may be the real hallmark of someone who imagines a spy drone at every window.

brb kickstarting tapr

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

that just means that if someone compromises a login or (more likely) a person jumps on a workstation someone forgot to lock they can get everything and frame someone else for it.

and yet people keep doing it no matter how many times i tell them not to and/or no matter how many people get in giant poo poo when someone emails something ignorant to the jerk's entire contact list

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

wouldn't it be awful if i changed my passwords for nothing

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

anthonypants posted:

if zdr really wanted to piss people off he'd just invalidate everyone's session

that happened to me about 2 weeks ago seemingly for no reason

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

remember the pants-making GBS threads that came when people were forced to pick good passwords

good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

my passwords all start with +++

• Locked thread