Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
this game is ok I guess but it feels like the meta is going to completely remove any kind of neutral or positioning game over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Kurtofan posted:

the gently caress is this poo poo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VquIdtzLXpI

WHAT THE gently caress

Jesus. I'll be waiting untll this is a budget price w/ all DLC included before I pick this up since it's a budget title in everything but price.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chaotic Flame posted:

Jesus. I'll be waiting untll this is a budget price w/ all DLC included before I pick this up since it's a budget title in everything but price.

I genuinely don't think they'll do a Game of the Year unless the game tanks horribly. SFV is generally regarded as awful and it's still going with regular releases

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think the strongest evidence Spencer is only in MvCI because Combofiend is the creative director is the fact that he literally contributes nothing at all during story mode except occupying a second character slot in some fights.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I like how Ryu's dash basically looks like he's having from a dry cleaning rack and being shuffled forward.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Blockhouse posted:

I think the strongest evidence Spencer is only in MvCI because Combofiend is the creative director is the fact that he literally contributes nothing at all during story mode except occupying a second character slot in some fights.

Seriously why not make that guy Winter Solider and then make the DLC character Lady or Jill whyyyy no one likes this character

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SirKibbles posted:

Seriously why not make that guy Winter Solider and then make the DLC character Lady or Jill whyyyy no one likes this character

Blockhouse posted:

because Combofiend is the creative director

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Blockhouse posted:

Um he got that part for Tony

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i actually like spencer, i even like the one with dreads more. in mvc3 at least, i havent played mvci yet. never played new spencer's game but i like his design and voice work and his moves are cool

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Ventana posted:

Sacktap talked a little about this at Curleh finale, but apparently Arthur got some buffs like double jump canceling his projectile (allowing for more projectiles on screen), finally has a dash and his overhead is untouched. I wouldn't trust any tier rankings that some people are giving now though, but people seem to think he's up there now

This is much better than the answer that I was expecting, which is "ha, no".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So can you not do OTGs in this game? I was trying to do a Spencer combo but the OTG Bionic Arm doesn't seem to actually hit.

Also hate that it took me forever to go from LP/HP/LK/HK to L,M,H,S in MvC2->MvC3 and now we're back to the MvC2 setup and it's breaking my brain.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Combofiend didnt even do a good job getting his main in the game, Bionic Arm has 0 invincibility now

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Impressions so far:

-Tutorial sucks really bad
-Menus and UI suck really bad
-Online shockingly good, probably the best Capcom has ever done outside of old game re-releases
-Arthur seems a lot better, still not sure if he can actually hang with good characters
-Zero is very much still a problem

I did a video with some ranked matches, playing arthur/thanos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSOcxQu5mKk

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Snagged it after hearing the netcode was good. Haven't had any issues across 15~ matches. Feels good but I immediately miss the rock-paper-scissors simplicity of SFV, gonna take some adjusting to git gud.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I will probably pick this up at some point in the near future (like whenever Venom comes out).

I hope Ultron is good.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
player match on pc is completely hosed, tested over lan and was like fighting Brazilians on stolen wifi

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I haven't really had any lagging matches outside of a few 5 second hiccups. Main problem is getting matched up vs the same person 3 or 4 times in a row

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
is the online "good" or is it like sfv where we thought it was good but it turns out it's a total coinflip on if you get the lovely or the good netcode

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

anime was right posted:

is the online "good" or is it like sfv where we thought it was good but it turns out it's a total coinflip on if you get the lovely or the good netcode

The online netcode for ranked seems fine so far. But online on player lobbies is completely hosed, after testing it with 3 of us having a 5 bar connection it was still lagging / rollback like crazy. Also you can't turn off VOIP at all in player lobbies either.

E: on pc**

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmao if tabs cinematic universe was tabs i just saw max beat his rear end lmbo

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

NecroMonster posted:

whats worse losing to max or watching max streams, as a fan

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
maximillion dood ftmfw

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The Dog Of Hype

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Countblanc posted:

The Dog Of Hype

amaterasu isn't in the game.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i mean max has probably had something like 80 hours with the game for ~free media~ so who cares

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

anime was right posted:

i mean max has probably had something like 80 hours with the game for ~free media~ so who cares
I don't know if it's a result of being FG Gud for like a decade, or if the dude practices a bit off-cam and then records after a bit of learning, but most of his "random FG poo poo" videos are fun to watch for the construction of combos part.

"Let's play this rando MUGEN-like with Megaman X characters. Let's go with the Roll X character. Ok. :projectiles and buttons: hm. :mechanics: figuring stuff out... :45% combo with good hit confirm reads into chain throw loop: ok yeah that works let's see what you can do with meter"

Plus his voice is like butter and a welcome change from high-pitched Fragmaster ripoffs or Yet Another Guy With a British Accent.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

that was me and i fully admit i lost 1 game
and then beat him 2

still i lost to max and now i must commit ritual suicide

Zand posted:

whats worse losing to max or watching max streams, as a fan

definitely losing

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I've realised something.

Any sequel or added content is gonna revolve around the Cancerverse.

Consider. Thanos is facing off against Death. Death being killed off was one of the triggers for those 'Many Angled ones' to show up. But the game notes that the Reality Stone is cracked. That means the potential for holes in reality. Will probably attract them sooner rather than later, Death or no Death.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok so this is basically my first actual Marvel game, my previous experiences with it are basically just mashing.

So using the damage hitstun thing I have been figuring out combos that make you air reset when the damage hits the right point and then going for resets/gimmicks. For those of you with actual marvel experience please help me understand this situation here:

I force the air reset with Nemesis, go for anti air grab right away and it works. If you are a character that doesn't have flight/air dashes in this situation are you just boned, or is there any defensive option you can do? To me this seems incredibly strong.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fereydun posted:

that was me and i fully admit i lost 1 game
and then beat him 2

still i lost to max and now i must commit ritual suicide

It's a good thing that max is awful because ghost rider is probably a problem in the hands of a good player

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and max is at the least playing matches against people. I really don't want to watch someone in training mode.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
now that assists are out, is there anything to consider when building a team, or can I rock whatever and get away with it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pupuru posted:

now that assists are out, is there anything to consider when building a team, or can I rock whatever and get away with it

character who likes having meter/character who is good at building meter

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

character with stuff that is very active (long animations that can hit for lots of that animation) ideally ranged/fast character

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
arthur/character that isn't arthur

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also certain stones are better for certain characters, though enough of them are universally useful that it's probably not a big deal for now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bleck posted:

arthur/character that isn't arthur

Arthur/Dormammu seems like it'd be a good fill the screen with poo poo team

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also the thread title rly should have been marvel vs capcom infinite jest

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm thinking of doing a bad dumb awful thing with some of the money i have laying around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

NecroMonster posted:

i'm thinking of doing a bad dumb awful thing with some of the money i have laying around

Don't hate-buy video games.

• Locked thread