Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Gavok posted:

So while I think the story mode is really good overall, the post-credits is still hilariously dumb. Thanos tries to destroy Death (for cheating on him with Jedah) by creating the Satsui no Hado Gauntlet and the last shot is him throwing a Hadoken at her. It needs to be an avatar.

This sounds amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Honestly I am more annoyed by Sgima being locked behind it. As Sigma is one of the main villains of this piece. Question Gavok do you actually fight normal Sigma during the story mode.

Nope. He shows up in two scenes but doesn't fight. It sticks out like a sore thumb in arcade mode when you'd fight Ultron and Strider followed by Ultron Sigma followed by Ultron Sigma's final form.

No arcade endings, by the way.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

2017 Character Pack DLC characters now confirmed as Sigma, Black Panther, Monster Hunter, Winter Soldier, Black Widow and Venom.

I'm really hoping that Black Widow is Jill with red hair and literally nothing else changed, even the spider boob gem and all. It'd be fitting for how low-rent this game is.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i just saw ghost rider use penance stare in this game for the first time. did they just, forget to animate it,

for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPm-3-3Ixw&t=287s

this is the epitome of how loving lazy Capcom got with this

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

When does this unlock on steam?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I saw someone say midnight est, but the page itself doesn't actually say and no one seems to actually know for sure, so we'll know in like 3 and a half hours

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Game is 25% (base and delux) off on Green Man Gaming

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lythero is doing a Hardest difficulty story playthrough if you care.

I'd guess it's close to the end though

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOM9qv4T5Qw

E-SPORTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sharrrk posted:

i just saw ghost rider use penance stare in this game for the first time. did they just, forget to animate it,

for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPm-3-3Ixw&t=287s

the only impressive part of this game is that they got an american guy who can laugh the exact same way jedah's japanese va does

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOM9qv4T5Qw

E-SPORTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

"Each stone will let you change the rules of the tournament"

You mean they can decide to play a good game instead?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

hahahah

but seriosly, no, they cannot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

muahaha, fools, i have the infinity stones. this is now a blade arcus tournament *capcom cops arrest me*

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I wish they used the infinity gems to make a better game

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mvc3 with no x-factor and more than one effective defensive assist

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Was the double elimination system for tournaments really something they needed to tamper with with the stones? I guess you could do some crazy stuff with it but since it's Capcom I'm expecting either "you get a mulligan if you lost your set" or "you get to decide which opponent you fight next"

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i've got the hidden seventh infinity stone the scumbag stone it lets me split the pot with my friend

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Was the double elimination system for tournaments really something they needed to tamper with with the stones? I guess you could do some crazy stuff with it but since it's Capcom I'm expecting either "you get a mulligan if you lost your set" or "you get to decide which opponent you fight next"
space: swap the bracket
time: timer is set to 30 seconds for a set
mind: you get to choose what infinity stone your opponent picks (in game) for a set
soul: starting meter is set to max for a set
power: damage is set to 5 for a set
reality: mulligan

done

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i like how story mode is clowny not because they wanted it to be light hearted and silly but rather because they didn't or couldn't care. this is just impressively low rent

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The story mode is that 'comic' we all had in mind in 7th grade, aka the story we told when spilling out all our action figures in the back yard.

Complete with cute pun names, like AIMbrella.

"So X and Chun-Li are part of Maverick HunterPol, and their US Operatives, Captain America and Dante, send word that Zero, who is immune to the T-Sigma Virus, is in New Atlantas, to extract intel from Sentinel, who has been programmed to find Reploids and format them into Ultron Drones."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that all owns, the bad thing is that they went with the 'they all get brought into the same universe' thing instead of just having them all be in the same universe from the start, which is much more interesting and allows for more intensive crossover

Super Robot Wars is a series of mecha anime crossover games that actually have really good writing a lot of the time because they have all the series be in the same universe from the start, so they can do stuff like have multiple characters from different shows be from the same planet or organization or even town, and have established relationships with each other before the game even starts, or have plot devices or elements be smashed together. Like a villain that can see and control the future has his fingers in the plot of every single show, not just the one he's from.

That's much more interesting than everyone rushing to smush their plots together after they get brought to the same place.

Ophiotaurus
Aug 3, 2014

lamentable dustman posted:

This sounds amazing

I agree, it sounded like it could be amazing if done right. It really wasn't. He doesn't even throw a fireball. There isn't even a cut to black with Thanos shouting "Hadouken!" He just starts hyping the fight up, begins charging the fireball, and then it just ends.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Are you frustrated?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So the plot is the same godawful thing they did for Project X Zone.

Do they at least tell you the plot before the fina fight?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Barudak posted:

Yes.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
So i ended up getting this on xbone and it just unlocked for play if anyone wants to gently caress around ? GT:S1Nx81

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Barudak posted:

project x zone didn't have one of the companies get a tongue bath from 90% of the characters of the other companies, the closest it got was everyone in the world thinking segata sanshiro is the poo poo (which he is)

this poo poo feels less like marvel vs capcom and more like MCU and their anime hangers on vs jedah and ultron-sigma

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Command Mission X doesn't have the scarf which is like the best thing about the CM costume?

This is from forever ago but it turns out this skin does have the scarf, its just holographic and only appears during his jumping and walking animations while he's not doing any type of attack :downs:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BattleHamster posted:

This is from forever ago but it turns out this skin does have the scarf, its just holographic and only appears during his jumping and walking animations while he's not doing any type of attack :downs:

That's how it was in the game tho, no?

also i'm too lazy to check if this was posted but lol

https://twitter.com/ranmasama/status/910069163334553601

Dias fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 19, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

darealkooky posted:

project x zone didn't have one of the companies get a tongue bath from 90% of the characters of the other companies, the closest it got was everyone in the world thinking segata sanshiro is the poo poo (which he is)

this poo poo feels less like marvel vs capcom and more like MCU and their anime hangers on vs jedah and ultron-sigma

funny because i actually prefer the crapcom characters

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Saw a commercial for this game and they didnt even advertise it as a fighting game and really just promised some sort of avengers save the city

Even capcom is ashamed of this game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BattleHamster posted:

That's a bit better at least, that is how it worked in-game.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Dias posted:

That's how it was in the game tho, no?

That makes more sense then. I don't have any knowledge of Mission Command and looked funky because it was specifically tied to just a few of his animations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

idk how its going to end up shaping out and I might be wrong, but right now at an amateur level I think running someone who can mix people up and a swole guy like Hulk, Thor, Thanos, etc. is optimal because you can tag into the big guy to get high damage very easily.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
16th place on twitch on release day, noice

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
is Arthur good now

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

fadam posted:

idk how its going to end up shaping out and I might be wrong, but right now at an amateur level I think running someone who can mix people up and a swole guy like Hulk, Thor, Thanos, etc. is optimal because you can tag into the big guy to get high damage very easily.

The big guys don't do any more damage than anyone else. In fact, everyone does the same damage.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

The big guys don't do any more damage than anyone else. In fact, everyone does the same damage.

if everyone is the same (function) no one is broken

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Bleck posted:

is Arthur good now

chip damage scales with successive hits and you can reflect projectile with pushblock, soooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Bleck posted:

is Arthur good now

Sacktap talked a little about this at Curleh finale, but apparently Arthur got some buffs like double jump canceling his projectile (allowing for more projectiles on screen), finally has a dash and his overhead is untouched. I wouldn't trust any tier rankings that some people are giving now though, but people seem to think he's up there now

• Locked thread