Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

NecroMonster posted:

i'm thinking of doing a bad dumb awful thing with some of the money i have laying around

game is fun so far, despite everyone moaning

even a marvel beginner like me can figure stuff out like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4wVRaOrQ8

so you should get it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Bloodly posted:

I've realised something.

Any sequel or added content is gonna revolve around the Cancerverse.

Consider. Thanos is facing off against Death. Death being killed off was one of the triggers for those 'Many Angled ones' to show up. But the game notes that the Reality Stone is cracked. That means the potential for holes in reality. Will probably attract them sooner rather than later, Death or no Death.

I think the vague Lovecraft pastiche from a dead universe is probably a little too esoteric a villain for a T-rated fighting game like this one.

Although it would give them a cheap opportunity for in-game mirror matches.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea ngl, i dont think its gonna be especially deep or a long lasting game but its pretty fun to mess around with in training mode or mash out against other bads

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok so this is basically my first actual Marvel game, my previous experiences with it are basically just mashing.

So using the damage hitstun thing I have been figuring out combos that make you air reset when the damage hits the right point and then going for resets/gimmicks. For those of you with actual marvel experience please help me understand this situation here:

I force the air reset with Nemesis, go for anti air grab right away and it works. If you are a character that doesn't have flight/air dashes in this situation are you just boned, or is there any defensive option you can do? To me this seems incredibly strong.

If it's like Marvel 3, then players can choose what direction they tech in the air, either neutral/back/forward which usually gets out of most of the simple Nemesis air grab resets. They can also sometimes air super out of the setup depending on the character/setup. Nemesis did have a couple of setups that could catch all the air teching options, but as far as I remember they were all very character dependent.

It was indeed pretty strong for Nemesis if a player could execute everything right, but generally it required 1. actual practice with Nemesis and 2. getting a hit with Nemesis, which is why you probably only saw it a couple times by the like 3-4 good nemesis players.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Jmcrofts posted:

Impressions so far:

-Tutorial sucks really bad
-Menus and UI suck really bad
-Online shockingly good, probably the best Capcom has ever done outside of old game re-releases
-Arthur seems a lot better, still not sure if he can actually hang with good characters
-Zero is very much still a problem

All correct 100%.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What do you guys think of Iron Man in this game? I wish he had a better air normal to open people up with like Ultron or Dormammu's HP.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I actually liked the doofy story mode.

X and Cap are very fun.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Little Mac posted:

I actually liked the doofy story mode.

X and Cap are very fun.

AIM-Brella was pretty inspired.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Vakal posted:

AIM-Brella was pretty inspired.

I thought the name was comedic gold and loving perfect.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ventana posted:

If it's like Marvel 3, then players can choose what direction they tech in the air, either neutral/back/forward which usually gets out of most of the simple Nemesis air grab resets. They can also sometimes air super out of the setup depending on the character/setup. Nemesis did have a couple of setups that could catch all the air teching options, but as far as I remember they were all very character dependent.

It was indeed pretty strong for Nemesis if a player could execute everything right, but generally it required 1. actual practice with Nemesis and 2. getting a hit with Nemesis, which is why you probably only saw it a couple times by the like 3-4 good nemesis players.

ahh ok I had no idea you had air control after tech out, that probably wrecks all my setups. But still good to know before I delved any deeper.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ventana posted:

If it's like Marvel 3, then players can choose what direction they tech in the air, either neutral/back/forward

This game actually has 9-way air teching apparently

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tVrTzLJ57g

lol @ the idea of ever being in a position to just casually jump in from neutral range as Ryu.

The linking in this game is soooo awkward sometimes. I was doing some of the Gamora missions and her air combos connected with her rear end like 2 seconds after input.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Guess I'll bite, is there anywhere that sells this for PC for NA that's cheap? Shady key sites are fine since I don't really care if the money goes to Capcom.

Also, why does it seem like in every video of this game, the character models are at like 50% rendering scale or some poo poo.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Constellation I posted:

Guess I'll bite, is there anywhere that sells this for PC for NA that's cheap? Shady key sites are fine since I don't really care if the money goes to Capcom.

Also, why does it seem like in every video of this game, the character models are at like 50% rendering scale or some poo poo.

the money still goes to capcom when you use shady key sites, the money is being taken from a stolen credit card most often

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
GreenManGaming had it for 25% off yesterday and that's where I snagged it for PC. Steam key.

And yeah the character models all seem a little blurry to me in a weird way. Postprocessing might be done at a weird resolution.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CubsWoo posted:

Um he got that part for Tony

I like that scene because in-between Tony offering to give Spencer a better arm and Spencer turning him down, there's a moment of hesitation like he's thinking, "Should I tell him that my robot arm is actually my wife? No, that's stupid and I'll never hear the end of it."

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I think it would almost be better if all the characters looked janky, the style is so inconsistent, like look at Ryu and Gamora, they don't look like they belong in the same game, and not in the charming marvel 2 way.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

androo posted:

And yeah the character models all seem a little blurry to me in a weird way. Postprocessing might be done at a weird resolution.

This change made the characters a little sharper for me. It's a subtle difference. You can see some before/after screenshots here.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

fadam posted:

What do you guys think of Iron Man in this game? I wish he had a better air normal to open people up with like Ultron or Dormammu's HP.

he has a big beam you can tag cancel to automatically convert the neutral game into advantage/mixups so he's at least high mid tier

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Gavok posted:

I like that scene because in-between Tony offering to give Spencer a better arm and Spencer turning him down, there's a moment of hesitation like he's thinking, "Should I tell him that my robot arm is actually my wife? No, that's stupid and I'll never hear the end of it."

It was all I could think about during that scene haha

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
On pc the game actually runs much better for me windowed than it does fullscreen. Anyone else have this problem?

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

On pc the game actually runs much better for me windowed than it does fullscreen. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah I'm having the same problem. thankfully we arn't the only one. https://www.pcinvasion.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-pc-version-impressions i have a 1060 and this dude has a 1080 and its pulling this poo poo. Im just gonna chalk it up to capcom being capcom and live with the windowed mode.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

made a thing on how to do the Thanos palmbreaker loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUSaRnd-EIQ

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
This is going to sound weird but I find the mission combos genuinely fun to do. Ghost Rider 10 involves tagging in Haggar to do two air pipes during the whirlwind chain super, catching Jedah as he comes down with the Haggar punch rush, then tagging him with the bike after all of that.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
Should probably remake this thread since the game is out now, op hasnt posted in this thread for the week its been out and was only in it for ??? anyway

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Marvel vs Capcom infinite: Easter came early

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhQU5lVcQSg Honk Honk it's Monster Hunter.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
they said she has palicos, I didn't see any palicos!!

that actually looks cool otherwise. I was hoping for a bit more variety in items, like a Dung Bomb super that forced a snapback after a few seconds and some traps, but otherwise they did a good job translating the weapons they picked. i'd also have liked to have seen a Hammer but that's just because i've played hammer for like 5 years straight now lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

aaaaaaaah she looks ok, but that vo...

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I have never played a monster hunter game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

NecroMonster posted:

I have never played a monster hunter game.

they're cool

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

nice wolverine functions in some of her supers

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
She looks like she has had more effort and care put into her than the rest of the launch cast.

So naturally she's DLC. :rip:

Moveset from the Capcom stream went something like this:
QCF+K is the arrow shot, can be done in the air
QCF+P is the great sword swing, HP version has armor and long rear end charge time
QCB+P is the dual blades berserker barrage
LK+HK(?) is the dodge roll

QCB+KK is the dual blade demon dance super, it might apply some kind of buff
QCF+KK is the arrow super
QCB+KK is level 3

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 21, 2017

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
It's clear the MvCI team got some gentle nudges from Capcom corporate that MonHun is one of the only games keeping them afloat so they better do this character right

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CubsWoo posted:

It's clear the MvCI team got some gentle nudges from Capcom corporate that MonHun is one of the only games keeping them afloat so they better do this character right

alternatively all the DLC characters are going to be better than 90% of MvCI's cast

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

monster hunter/captain america for team dodge roll

i want to be hyped for her but i won't let myself do it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like MonHun's arrow super is lifted from either Taskmaster or Marvel 3 Hawkeye

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Not really, she can move after it fires unlike task and hawkeye's is a set pattern that combos well. He still has that one in infinite.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is someone making a new thread? If so include that sajam mechanics video it's helpful.

video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
And post a link to the new thread here, so its easier to find.

• Locked thread