Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Tried to read this thread but realized that was a mistake. What are the reactions like? MvC3 was the coolest poo poo in the world to watch and I'm hoping this game will require the same sort of insane engineering. Did they really get rid of assist moves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

Snagged it after hearing the netcode was good. Haven't had any issues across 15~ matches. Feels good but I immediately miss the rock-paper-scissors simplicity of SFV, gonna take some adjusting to git gud.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tVrTzLJ57g

lol @ the idea of ever being in a position to just casually jump in from neutral range as Ryu.

The linking in this game is soooo awkward sometimes. I was doing some of the Gamora missions and her air combos connected with her rear end like 2 seconds after input.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

GreenManGaming had it for 25% off yesterday and that's where I snagged it for PC. Steam key.

And yeah the character models all seem a little blurry to me in a weird way. Postprocessing might be done at a weird resolution.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

Isn't the full roster already unlocked? Minus DLC, of course.

I'm not super worried about settling on a team just yet, way too early and the game is too expansive to figure that poo poo out just yet. I might just go with whatever looks good at SoCal Regionals this weekend, probably just copy what Justin Wong or FChamp picked, since they've been playing the game for a couple months. Friday night has some exhibitions between a few big names that have been playing for a while.

Gamora seemed cool and jumpy so I started learning her combos. Ghost Rider has massive normals that I should be able to get cheap wins with online so he's filling the second slot, for now. Might want to get a beam character instead though.

fart barterer fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

My guess: Projectile deflection nerfs a few characters, and no more spamming HIDDEN MISS-ISLES or any other projectile assist.

I'd say I agree but I also haven't played much MvC3

• Locked thread