Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am not the biggest marvel guy but hulks fierce punch still has a lot of armour apparently so I can use that to beat a people who are a lot better than me undeservedly so that's basically all I want out of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

I still don't really get how their system of putting the top 14 people on the MvCI leaderboard into CapcomCup is going to work when the game is on three different platforms with no crossplay.

Oh thats simple.

Only ps4 counts.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

NecroMonster posted:

dude's are mostly just streaming training mode and when they do play some actual vs they aren't using the burst mechanic at all so i'm really loving skeptical

Cause its a new mechanic and its not on the top of everyones minds, and its not big and flashy like the stone activations.

I imagine with time it will be quite a big deal.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

anime was right posted:

its the same mechanic that ruined tvc at high level play lol

You can only do it once per character, or just once period can't remember which. I can't imagine it crippling gameplay or anything.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

NecroMonster posted:

Why would you have a limited number of uses of it per round and also it cost 2 meters?

With something like mind stone its not inconceivable to build 10+ bars in a match, so I figure that's why.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So hitstun decay in this game is based off your damage dealt in a combo, not the number of hits. With this in mind generally combos are only going to be in the 5.5-6k damage range before stuff drops(average health being 10k) unless you can get stuff hitting back to back uninterrupted with certain tag combos and the like.

Watching KBR stream and he's super bummed about this because it means a large character like haggar or hulk effectively is stuck doing the same damage as everyone else, and its basically another knock against big characters because they no longer have the benefit of doing more damage than everyone else now ontop of the usual lack of mobility issues.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

anime was right posted:

whats even the point of playing a big character...

That's where KBR is at right now.

Power stone activation lessens the hitstun decay so he can get a guaranteed kill on average health character (with all resources full, corner only) but yeah it just seems like there isn't much point to the traditional big boys since their options are so much more limited than everyone else and now they are stuck doing the same damage.

I am still somewhat hype for the game but that really bums me out, Hulk/Haggar is one of the teams I wanted to play and from the words of the guy who basically invented hulk/haggar/sentinel in MvC3 he says the team is for the most part pointless :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Fellblade posted:

There's going to be so much disappointment from people applying marvel 3 logic to this game.

It's still day -6 and people are writing off characters as worthless based on training mode guessing.

Hulk was trash tier in marvel 3 from an objective viewpoint but he still won evo.

Don't get me wrong I am just going off what I am hearing here. I have no real previous marvel experience other than funning around so I am mostly going in blind.

That said for someone like Hulk one of the big gets for him in Marvel 3 is he did a lot of damage compared to most of the cast, and with damage seemingly being normalized he no longer has that feather in his hat.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I saw a ghost rider during reality storm knocked dude down and summoned the horitontal flame pillar just exactly above standing to keep foe from jumping out, dashed in burned the storm for the free level 3 which is the penance stare grab. I thought the whole setup was pretty slick :shobon:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

NecroMonster posted:

lmao you can't combo off of throws.

you've pretty much got to have a fast air dash and normals that can do good crossups to have any mixup in this game

you can combo off throws just character specific. Ryu and Hulk totally can for example.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I know a lot of people are like "lol mvci" but that stream viewer picture thing was bs. I checked out the numbers myself when that image hit the other day and marvel still had more viewers(while dbz beta was live). Some people are just really, really desperate to cast the game in a bad light.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ok so this is basically my first actual Marvel game, my previous experiences with it are basically just mashing.

So using the damage hitstun thing I have been figuring out combos that make you air reset when the damage hits the right point and then going for resets/gimmicks. For those of you with actual marvel experience please help me understand this situation here:

I force the air reset with Nemesis, go for anti air grab right away and it works. If you are a character that doesn't have flight/air dashes in this situation are you just boned, or is there any defensive option you can do? To me this seems incredibly strong.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

NecroMonster posted:

i'm thinking of doing a bad dumb awful thing with some of the money i have laying around

game is fun so far, despite everyone moaning

even a marvel beginner like me can figure stuff out like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4wVRaOrQ8

so you should get it :)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ventana posted:

If it's like Marvel 3, then players can choose what direction they tech in the air, either neutral/back/forward which usually gets out of most of the simple Nemesis air grab resets. They can also sometimes air super out of the setup depending on the character/setup. Nemesis did have a couple of setups that could catch all the air teching options, but as far as I remember they were all very character dependent.

It was indeed pretty strong for Nemesis if a player could execute everything right, but generally it required 1. actual practice with Nemesis and 2. getting a hit with Nemesis, which is why you probably only saw it a couple times by the like 3-4 good nemesis players.

ahh ok I had no idea you had air control after tech out, that probably wrecks all my setups. But still good to know before I delved any deeper.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

made a thing on how to do the Thanos palmbreaker loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUSaRnd-EIQ

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I like Thanos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLMfqiAAlS0

I am really starting to understand this game mechanically, however it all falls apart the second I play a match because of all the wackiness overwhelms my SF/MK based mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Medullah posted:

Can you turn off auto combos?

Its right in the controller settings yeah.

• Locked thread