Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
cant wait for this thread to be revived just in time for the game to come out then we'll immediately kill it and make a new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Race Realists posted:

i know realistically speaking they wont, what im saying is, why not

reused assets is literally a staple of this franchise

because why include reused assets in the final product when you can just ship with half and then sell the other half as dlc

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is this the nail in the coffin for Groot being playable? :(

correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like they'll both be playable, kinda like Ferra/Torr from MKX

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they took away the invincibility on bionic arm

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

holy poo poo its megaman x, here's $60

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Partial Octopus posted:

People who downloaded the game off of JP PSN have already found infinites.

how do they know its a true infinite if all the demo enemies die in 1 combo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
surprisingly the fighting game community does not consist of 5 people who are constantly given preferential treatment

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cams posted:

drat, you're right, if they had released the game with content that appealed to more consumers they probably would have sold more of their product because more people would have bought it... holy poo poo!

aren't you the guy who beat his girlfriend with a nintendo gamecube

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cams posted:

oh hey cool we're at the point where several people attack me personally then someone accuses me of beating women, this is my favorite part of the something awful fgc

also happens to be the point where i go from amused to legitimately annoyed so bye. just start here next time i post and i'll just take off.

how did it feel as you slammed 5.9 x 6.3 x 4.3 inches of plastic and metal into her face cams

did you use the handle or did you double fist it over your head captain kirk style

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
My favorite character is cams, with the Nintendo game cube assist. Which is a 10-0 MU against cams' girlfriend

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

darealkooky posted:

If they keep special moves not building meter on block this game is confirmed to not have dedicated zoning, right?

that and apparently advancing guard now reflects projectiles so RIP zoning

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
translation: Marvel said no mutants allowed. Nobody should have an attachment to a character at all, so long as we include characters that kinda sorta play like them

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the more likely scenario is that people will just stick with Marvel 3. you know, the game that actually has the characters they like rather than other characters that fulfill a similar function

also I can't really trust any assumption of the guy that thinks Magneto has a rekka

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dias posted:

Nah, people will play MvC:I because it's the new game. The only way it gets dropped is if Capcom drops its support for the scene or if the meta evolves into something unbearable (and even then it has to be cross jab levels of idiotic).

I guess you're right, the pro players will stick to it but I'm not sure about the regular folks who make up the bulk of fighting game sales

Also with the gems system I wouldn't be surprised if the meta evolves into some real bs

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yipes pretending he wasn't the first person on the planet that has seen Jedah in the game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fellblade posted:

- MVCI 'esports' for 2017 will be mostly online based qualification and then part of Capcom Cup in 2018

I can imagine the clusterfucks already

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fellblade posted:

That seems bad but then you remember Capcom has no characters anybody cares about outside tiny fanbases for old games.

Like I'm mad for DMC but that series hasn't had a new Capcom game in 10 years, it's lucky we got Dante at all.

Why didn't they put Jack Baker in goddammit. I wanted a level 3 super where he runs you over in a car

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

fadam posted:

There are lots of fighting games with good netcode and the feature complete version of the game is literally $119.99 CAD on the Playstation store.

yeah but thats like, $5 in real money

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

brian posted:

I always like the idea that when the entire SA FGC shits on something it's because of groupthink nonsense reasons or just a love of shitposting or anything other than it being bad, mostly because it implies that goons don't argue over everything and it's quite nice in that sort of naive way

We are simultaneously a hivemind and also a group of contrarians that love making GBS threads on each others' opinions

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love the brand. I love consuming. I DON'T love the X-Men, who even are those guys?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gologle posted:

This thread has taken a turn for the worse, I see.

It's not even out, we haven't even reached Mass Effect Andromeda levels of bad yet

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cams posted:

you're whining about the quality of toys not whether or not to support a company because of labor or environmental concerns.

i choose to believe you're self aware and aren't rationalizing your internet troll times as an anti-capitalist crusade.

i think mvci legitimately looks good and i am excited to play it. spider-man actually interests me for the first time in a versus game.

heh, look at this nerd getting excited over toys

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

spit on my clit posted:

so what in the everloving gently caress is with the infinity gems? I saw that poo poo at evo and it looked dumb as hell. why can you put your opponents in the shame cube?

you select a gem at the start and it gives you an extra move that all your characters can use. Time Stone is a dash, Reality Stone is a homing projectile, etc. As you use the gem or take damage it fills up a bar, and when the bar is full you can do an "Infinity Surge" and the Shame Cube is the Infinity Surge for the Space Stone

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Infinity Surge for the Power Stone takes you to a good game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Beginner's League will be 10% beginners and 90% vets making new accounts so they can gently caress up newbies

Race Realists posted:

im curious to know exactly how much Capcom gets off of Esports a year

If that video John D accidentally released to the public is any indication, about $600k in profits. If we're assuming SF5 has the same margins then about $1.2m a year total

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

pissdude posted:

Please never use professional games journalists as any kind of trustworthy yardstick to measure fighting game value against. If you have personal questions about specifics of the game, wait for actual fighting gamers to play the game and then ask those questions. Even if people trash the game personally, you'll get much more honest and realistic answers about stuff like load times etc

he said "real people"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fereydun posted:

zoning is probably the only effective playstyle in this game but keepaway doesnt exist

you take no chip dmg on the ground supposedly outside of reflecting projectiles so yeah

no chip death as well besides from supers apparently?

good now I'll be able to triumph over all those CHEAP loving OP SPAMMERS online

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Thread: Full Screen Jab Pressure

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The scarf is there it's just permanently clipping into his body at all times

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
with the invention of the internet now anyone can express their horrible opinions with someone else's balls in their mouth

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cams posted:

i wanna talk about the weird hop attacks that captain marvel and gamora have and how you are supposed to take advantage of them

literally none of your posts itt are about this

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cams posted:

i'm going to give this a serious response even though i think it's a dumbshit attempt from a moron who lacks critical thinking skills to "win" an argument

yes that was an original thought i had about the game and something i am wondering about and am interested in learning more about. it also invites someone with more knowledge of this game or fighting game mechanics to explain it. it was used in that post as an example of "talking about the game" to contrast the sort of meta textual conversations about video games people primarily engage in. you're welcome.

there is no argument here. you're just a hypocrite lashing out at anyone saying anything bad about the game while contributing nothing yourself. that brilliant "hopping attack" analysis you posted was literally the only instance you have itt actually talking about the game mechanics instead of just being a vitriolic rear end in a top hat.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

C. Everett Koop posted:

The two unions no one can gently caress with are SAG and MLBPA. The real shame is that there's only two like that.

dont forget police unions

stop resisting

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
number of bad posts cams has made

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
RIP Dante, better luck in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite + 1

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
tbf like half of those views were Maximillian and Lirik playing it. Literal dog poo poo could get 60,000 views if those guys were streaming it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kurtofan posted:

the gently caress is this poo poo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VquIdtzLXpI

WHAT THE gently caress

It's like they hired someone to do a parody of Devil's Never Cry and then accidentally put that into the game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
spooky skull.gif

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Was the double elimination system for tournaments really something they needed to tamper with with the stones? I guess you could do some crazy stuff with it but since it's Capcom I'm expecting either "you get a mulligan if you lost your set" or "you get to decide which opponent you fight next"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Combofiend didnt even do a good job getting his main in the game, Bionic Arm has 0 invincibility now

• Locked thread