Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
They are terrible tacos, but delicious fast food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

an authentic taco is actually a beef tongue wrapped in newspaper with a squeeze of lime and you're supposed to eat the whole thing

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
More like Junk in the Box.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

People eating Taco Bell sound identical to animals making nests in crawl spaces under houses. I mean jack in the box.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

JBX knows how to cater to the people who eat there. That is why they have late night stoner meals.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 5, 2017

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
I recently moved from a state with no JitB to California. I ordered something that came with a taco on the side, but it looked disgusting, so I gave it to my husband. He's very unpicky about his food, and he took one bite and threw it out. He said "my life isn't bad enough that I would eat this."

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Mnemosyne posted:

I recently moved from a state with no JitB to California. I ordered something that came with a taco on the side, but it looked disgusting, so I gave it to my husband. He's very unpicky about his food, and he took one bite and threw it out. He said "my life isn't bad enough that I would eat this."

if my life were a food it would be a jack in the box taco

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Del Taco

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Mnemosyne posted:

What's it like being his beard

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Real JITB taco aficionados get them without lettuce and dip them in the buttermilk ranch cups they give you there

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mnemosyne posted:

look another transplant showing up and complaining about poo poo

we're full

please GTFO

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Linux Pirate posted:

at least taco bells tacos look like tacos somewhat, and aren't discolored

no they fuckin don't lol they're just as an abomination of 'taco' as the J + B ones are

tho I grant you sometimes they give you the ones that have been sitting there for a bit and they get all greasy like that and they are not as good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Linux Pirate posted:

at least taco bells tacos look like tacos somewhat, and aren't discolored

lol you have never eaten a real taco huh

:sad:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
We took my midwestern friend to a taqueria once and when she got her tacos she asked why there wasn't cheese on them.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
At least my brand of chicken nuggets look like actual dinosaurs. :smugdog:

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

Sourdough Jack, 2 tacos and a curly fry.

Pro order right here

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

The Cubelodyte posted:

Pro order right here

gonna have to throw in the egg rolls and oreo shake cus i'm fuckin' blazed af

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

no they fuckin don't lol they're just as an abomination of 'taco' as the J + B ones are

tho I grant you sometimes they give you the ones that have been sitting there for a bit and they get all greasy like that and they are not as good

This is the evil genius of the JiB taco: they're already soggy in the middle from the start, meaning that they can sit around for a while with no immediate decrease in "quality"

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Mnemosyne posted:

Trunko posted:

What's it like being his beard

drat lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
fun fact: if the "beef mixture" was more than 50% beef, it would be legal to just call it "ground beef"

but its not, so it isnt

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'll admit it. I saw the Box Tacos. No one was around. I jacked in them.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I remember when Jack in the Box was the only fast food place with a drive-thru.

Also the only fast food place that was open after 10:00pm.

Yeah, I'm old as gently caress.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Closest jib to me is an hour away sometimes when I am drunk I still swing by for a taccy

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

MightyJoe36 posted:

what did people in the past do when they were drunk and hungry grandpa?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

MightyJoe36 posted:

i remember when carls jr was still cash-only

gently caress

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Burger King sells them too, so those who don't live by a Jack n the Box can have fun as well

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Jack in the Box tacos are loving abominations and I love them so much

SPACE HOMOS posted:

JBX knows how to cater to the people who eat there. That is why they have late night stoner meals.

The stoner meals are kind of crazy because they are like "hey here's a hamburger topped with an egg and a grilled cheese and also two tacos and some curly fries and a huge drink. That'll be six bucks"

It's the most unhealthy thing in the world. But it's also like a billion calories for so little money, so it seems like a hell of a deal when you're drunk or high as gently caress at 3 AM and just need grease and salt

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gaunab posted:

what did people in the past do when they were drunk and hungry grandpa?

usually taco bell or denny's was your worst case scenario

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Jack in the Box tacos are loving abominations and I love them so much

The stoner meals are kind of crazy because they are like "hey here's a hamburger topped with an egg and a grilled cheese and also two tacos and some curly fries and a huge drink. That'll be six bucks"

It's the most unhealthy thing in the world. But it's also like a billion calories for so little money, so it seems like a hell of a deal when you're drunk or high as gently caress at 3 AM and just need grease and salt

what even is a jack in the box is it just a generic fastfood place that also randomly throws in a few ethnic food items. can i get like tom yum with a side of curly fries there

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tolkien minority posted:

what even is a jack in the box is it just a generic fastfood place that also randomly throws in a few ethnic food items. can i get like tom yum with a side of curly fries there

they were early adopters of the "make everything frozen in a factory in kansas" business model now employed by most national fast-food and several national sit-down restaurant chains

so they have poo poo like eggrolls and jalapeno poppers and frozen deep fried tacos because it all fries up easily from a frozen state & other chains didn't have it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tolkien minority posted:

look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Bacon Ranch Monster Taco.

BACON RANCH MONSTER TACO

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tato posted:

BACON RANCH MONSTER TACO

CHICK N TATER MELT MUNCHIE MEAL

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
I always thought I liked these because I was once a bored teenager with five bucks total in his pocket and nothing to do and am now a nostalgic adult

But it turns out people eat these without that excuse??? Well okay

I actually hate those plasticheese slices on almost everything else and don't like lettuce and I still eat these fuckers. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the "meat" is minced up weed and krokodil

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
jitb Taco update: currently shittin'

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
I blame the Futuristic Sex Robots, always on the scene.

They always had Jack in the Box tacos and a dope G5.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
They're terrible tacos made by drunk flyovers, but they're made FOR drunk flyovers and taste pretty good as far as fast food goes so who can really hate them?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i could sure go for a coca-cola freestyle and a couple slammin' jammin' nacho monster tacos w/ a few egg rolls right now

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chinatown posted:

:taco::taco::taco::taco::taco:

2 tacos for 99 cents biTCH!!!

lol if you haven't eaten JB tacos when drunk.

lol if where you live doesn't have Jack In The Boxes.

lol if you live in Des Moines, Iowa. Just lol.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/americans-eat-554-million-jack-in-the-box-tacos-a-year-and-no-one-knows-why-1483465285

I agree with the op. Love munching on JB tacos...

Wait...

No, police, wait, that's not what I meant! No! NOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jack In The Box tacos is what you think street tacos should be. Not that they are, I've had street tacos and they're a bit better because of the ingredients, but holy poo poo 2 for a dollar is something cheap and that's really what should make you think "street taco".

$2 dollars gets you four, and that's just enough to satisfy a craving (and it should, because it's 700 kcal)

It use to be a run for Taco Bell versus Jack In The Box for the cheap tacos, but since they raised the prices on their menu, Jack's tacos win out.

• Locked thread