Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Ultimate Evil Edition (Expert - Crusader - no deaths)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Hmmm.... Reserved :D

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

persona 3 fes true ending
titanfall 2
super mario 3d world
super mario 64 (120 stars)
xenoblade chronicles
the legend of zelda: breath of the wild
persona 5 true ending
the legend of zelda: twilight princess hd
the legend of zelda: breath of the wild (master mode)
gravity rush remastered (platinum)
super mario odyssey (999 moons)
yakuza kiwami
breath of the wild: the champion's ballad (master mode)

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 14, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

frank.club posted:

this is a good game

pass on the dlc stuff, the scavenger dlc is kinda neat but it's not outstanding. The nostromo dlc is 15 to thirty minutes long

Yeah I had a lot of fun with it, but I definitely feel done with it so I won't bother with DLC. The section where it's just robots dragged a bit but I really liked the ending sequences.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah I had a lot of fun with it, but I definitely feel done with it so I won't bother with DLC. The section where it's just robots dragged a bit but I really liked the ending sequences.

those robots are a major problem on hard, almost more so than the alien. I wish I had shadowplay figured out to catch some of the cool stuff the alien did. Like one time early on in the game I was hiding from some human enemies and the alien showed up right behind me through a door. It was like a half second from killing me before the people noticed and freaked out and tried to kill it. So it just went after them and I left the room as it took them all out lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was also really sick when I beat it and had a feverish freak out when the game threw multiple aliens at me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

One of my favorite moments was the first time I got killed by the alien. I had just finished a long section of sneaking past it and robots and thought I was safe for some reason so I let my guard down and it immediately killed me when I walked under a vent. Good way to teach me to look up and pay attention to drool.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Rise of the Tomb Raider. I liked it but I think I preferred the first one overall. Which is weird, I liked the platforming, puzzles, and stealth more and think the shooting was probably about on par. Maybe because the story wasn't as good? I don't know. I still had fun but I don't think I'll be playing it again.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

One of my favorite moments was the first time I got killed by the alien. I had just finished a long section of sneaking past it and robots and thought I was safe for some reason so I let my guard down and it immediately killed me when I walked under a vent. Good way to teach me to look up and pay attention to drool.

My favorite moment in the game was when I was hiding from the alien in a locker. After a minute or two of silence I decide to risk checking the motion tracker to see if it's safe to come out. The instant the tracker beeped the locker door suddenly flew off its hinges and the alien reached in and murked me instantly while I screamed like a little girl.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider. I liked it but I think I preferred the first one overall. Which is weird, I liked the platforming, puzzles, and stealth more and think the shooting was probably about on par. Maybe because the story wasn't as good? I don't know. I still had fun but I don't think I'll be playing it again.

the story is kinda underwhelming and I normally wouldn't care but the first reboot really made a lot of cool things happen. Like when Lara picks up the grenade launcher or the final dual pistol kill. Like I'm pretty sure that you meet Jesus Christ in Rise of the Tomb Raider and dude just evaporates to dust. things in the story never build up to anything . I'm really glad they didn't push Lara being weighed down by killing one million dudes as hard as I thought they were going to.

a lot of triple a games are doing insanely fast paced story beats but if that means I get back to gaming then I'm cool.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm glad they cut way back on the insane deaths Lara gets. It was way way overdone in that first reboot lol. it must be some weird element of psychology where I can watch Issac get tore up in deadspace no problem but Lara struggling to un-impale herself off a tree trunk made me not want to play for a while

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Rise rules because Lara wants to gently caress Jesus Christ and I played basically the whole 2nd half of the game with the anticipation that she would eventually.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bill Barber posted:

Rise rules because Lara wants to gently caress Jesus Christ and I played basically the whole 2nd half of the game with the anticipation that she would eventually.

i liked that Jesus was 7ft tall and that he was just some dude 2000 years ago that found a magic rock. I didn't like that they did that thing where despite having already seen magic Lara has trouble accepting the freaking magic immortal people.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah the first game's story wasn't anything groundbreaking but the shipwreck aspect, the fact that you were being hunted, the constant threat to Lara's friends, it made everything real intense and high-stakes. Rise never really explains what's at stake, the bad guys want this thing and you have to stop them because they're bad guys. Whatever.

Also I don't think Jacob was supposed to be Jesus? Or did I really miss something? I thought he was just some generic prophet.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah the first game's story wasn't anything groundbreaking but the shipwreck aspect, the fact that you were being hunted, the constant threat to Lara's friends, it made everything real intense and high-stakes. Rise never really explains what's at stake, the bad guys want this thing and you have to stop them because they're bad guys. Whatever.

Also I don't think Jacob was supposed to be Jesus? Or did I really miss something? I thought he was just some generic prophet.

i think that if the game just stuck to Lara wanting to honor her father by proving his ideas on a dangerous expedition it would've been way better, that's a pretty compelling character motivation but the sequel to this game needs a set up i guess.

The game never straight up says he is Jesus afaik but there are codexs that imply he is the basis for Jesus's story of Resurrection. I googled that just now to see if there was something conclusive I missed and the 5th result is bill barber's post on gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805493-rise-of-the-tomb-raider/72844747

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never finished the first game but yeah the first one had a much better story. Also it made sense that you start out with lovely scavenged gear. I don't like it when a game is like look how prepared the main character is. Oops they fell into a cave or whatever and now they suck again

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Mafia 3. Overwhelming amount of similar missions and collectibles but decently acted story with light exploitation film vibes. Cool setting and graphics, some great set-piece missions, easy but powerful combat, fun slidey driving. They just added races which are pretty fun but not really substantial enough to add that muchto the game. No story dlc is out yet but im curious to see if its like some twenty minute bullshit or something deeper

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also this game has the best "driving on brick road" vibration ever. It feels real its nuts

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
1. The Witness

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Reserved for the most likely single walking simulator I'll complete this year

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Final Fantasy XV

Excellent. Feels

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

About the ending what was up with the ten year thing? Was it because the gods realized the crew minus Noctis needed like ten years of training for two fights? Or had Ardyn done something to the crystal?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

1. The Witness

You manage to find the secret cave challenge?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I also beat the Dishonored 1 DLC missions

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Plebian Parasite posted:

You manage to find the secret cave challenge?

i saw it on my way to the second ending but i must have missed a turn or something because i was like 'hmm wonder when i'll get down to those puzzles' but just never did. i heard it's extremely hard and i wanna go back and try it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Aston posted:

I also beat the Dishonored 1 DLC missions

Nice. The DLC was great as was the main game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum Break. I wasn't expecting much when I bought it and just figured, well I've got this new Xbox One and I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider and the Master Chief Collection but I guess I should probably get a game specifically made for the One and it was on sale so whatever. But you know what, I was actually pleasantly surprised. It was basically Alan Wake but with much much better combat and a more engaging story. The time-control powers were pretty fun to play around with too. Nothing amazing but much better than I was expecting and at some point I'll probably go back to it and see how the story changes when I make different choices.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Pony Island (1/1) 100% Achievements
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (1/5) Platinum Trophy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Pablo Gigante posted:

Nice. The DLC was great as was the main game

It was all great and somehow managed to have huge levels without ever feeling like it outstayed its welcome. I'll be getting the sequel soon for sure.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

2. Hitman 2016 (all main missions complete)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (100% items)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (100% items)

It was really fun being invincible at no cost for the final boss but I wanna go back and try a NG+ low% speed run some day

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah you can be ridiculously overpowered. I did the final boss without magic because I wanted it to be a little bit of a challenge.

It was still a really good game. While Pirates Curse is better I liked finding all the secrets in this one in particular things like the central walled off portal in Mermaid falls that baffled me for like the whole game until I got the waterfall power.

Also it's cool that the Risky fight uses your moves from the last game. I'll probably come back to it once they release her campaign.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The credits rolled on Picross 3D Round 2 and then 14 more books opened up
A picrossers job is never done.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

List of games I beat in 2017:

Batman: The Telltale Series
Dishonored 2
Long Live the Queen

BoredDG fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 12, 2017

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

1. Final Fantasy XV (story beat on 1/2, platinum trophy on 1/8)
2. Hitman GO, all marks (1/5)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Preordered.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

1. Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010