Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007

hyperdevbox posted:

Can you please tell me the difference between these two comments -
"Your game seems to be lacking a lot of bla bla and I think you should bla bla"
"Your game is poo poo. gently caress you OP"

Person 1 will get a reply no matter what he says.
Person 2 will get ignored.

You're very dismissive of the local 'posting culture', and it paints a bad picture. Even if someone is using 'foul language', they often do have a point in there worth responding to. You're asking people to give your game the benefit of the doubt when they have scant information, but you don't seem to do that for their posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I'll let you know when we know.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

I don't think there is lack of interest in the game, but rather a lack of sufficient outreach.

you posted your game concept on Reddit twice, the first time your thread was locked by a mod and the second time you got 8 replies

also despite responding to my initial posts you probably put me on ignore which is dismissive as poo poo and reflects super poorly on you and your studio RE: future customer support. If you can't handle people getting annoyed or making fun of a concept video and 10 seconds of gameplay which is most likely pre-rendered, how are you going to keep your cool if someone who buys the finished product finds a bug or a tech issue and writes you an angry support email?

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 6, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hyperdevbox posted:

That's very funny.
I don't think there is lack of interest in the game

Actually you have a shortfall of about $249,200 worth of proof but whatever you guys made a phone racing game one time so you're clearly the expert here

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Greaseman posted:

You're very dismissive of the local 'posting culture', and it paints a bad picture. Even if someone is using 'foul language', they often do have a point in there worth responding to. You're asking people to give your game the benefit of the doubt when they have scant information, but you don't seem to do that for their posts.

Yes, you are right, if someone uses foul language but has a good point worth responding to, I definitely will. But if someone tells me that my game is poo poo, and I am poo poo, and poo poo this gently caress that, why the hell should I even respect his comment with a reply?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Yes, you are right, if someone uses foul language but has a good point worth responding to, I definitely will. But if someone tells me that my game is poo poo, and I am poo poo, and poo poo this gently caress that, why the hell should I even respect his comment with a reply?

I stopped cursing and am making actual valid points, are you going to respond to any of them?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You know I just figured out who Ron's dismissive attitude, unwarranted sense of superiority, dogged determination to get his vanity project published and inability to handle criticism reminds me of

The difference being, of course, that Tommy had the work ethic to actually fund his project instead of begging internet strangers for money and insulting them when they asked questions about it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

hyperdevbox posted:

• We hope to make this game part of a series (hence, "The Beginning" for the first episode) that will end at Thermidor.
  • It sounds cool in Japanese (テルミドール).
  • It is a romance story that takes place during the French Revolution, and not a French Revolution game.

There might be some connections to real historical events, but at the moment we are focusing more about the story of the two main characters and their adventures together.

The only thing here that approaches a reasonable answer is that "It sounds cool in Japanese" which, given how much you hype this up as a trilingual game, seems kinda dumb.

Seriously, though. I'll accept that you're doing the horseshit thing where a politically charged historical event is just a backdrop for a mundane story that could be set in any time and place. You're still nonetheless setting it during the French Revolution. Why not, idk, "Fructidor"? Or literally any other title that actually conveys what this game is about, since this game is not about the end of the Reign of Terror? You're saying the series ends in Thermidor Year II, but this just makes it more confusing that it's the title of the first game. Wouldn't "Thermidor" be a better subtitle for that last game than the name of the whole series? Not trying to be mean here but you're maybe a bit too optimistic about this series taking off if you're naming the whole thing after its last episode. In the meantime, you still have to sell the first.

And on that note: I'm just gonna just toss this out there as a huge French Revolution nerd, but you're probably deeply alienating to large segments of any potential customer base for a video game set in the French Revolution by treating it as this hodgepodge widow dressing for a buddy adventure story. Like I grew up playing JRPGs and I love this time period, this game should be extremely my poo poo, but your approach just leaves me cold and uninterested. Just make a Les Miserables game, I am pretty sure the original novel is in the public domain.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Corbyn posted:

You know I just figured out who Ron's dismissive attitude, unwarranted sense of superiority, dogged determination to get his vanity project published and inability to handle criticism reminds me of

The person you are referring to was not Ron, I am. And I have no problem handling criticism.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

hyperdevbox posted:

The person you are referring to was not Ron, I am. And I have no problem handling criticism.

No, I'm Ron.

Hello. It's me, Ron.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

The difference being, of course, that Tommy had the work ethic to actually fund his project instead of begging internet strangers for money and insulting them when they asked questions about it.

I will play Thermometer if you can romance a Tommy Wiseau guillotine character, and I think the same could be said for many people

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

can someone get the villain op of this thread to respond to my serious business proposition re: deli meats and refrigerators. honestly i am starting to be a little bit insulted here. i am offering $250000 us dollars depending on how much i like the answer and i am actually being ignored, probably due to the OPs racial stereotypes against the good people of tuptaluk.

i am sure some of the veteran SA members remember my many charitable donations or the time when i got our nation to put the grenade logo up so you could see the somethingawful grenade from google earth for a week.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

hyperdevbox posted:

Can you please tell me the difference between these two comments -
"Your game seems to be lacking a lot of bla bla and I think you should bla bla"
"Your game is poo poo. gently caress you OP"

Person 1 will get a reply no matter what he says.
Person 2 will get ignored.

For person 1 There's a difference between replying and having an actual dialogue. You only want to hear your opinion. When given to suggestions contrary to that you avoid and defect. Life isn't an echo chamber of approval and agreement and the only way you are going to find that online is to create your own forum and private small echo chamber.

For person 2 Most posters aren't saying that directly. If you were that hated you would have been banned here by now. What your comment shows me is that you are insecure about this game. If you want to share or present any idea, you have to be open to being attacked or criticized especially online. This is something you need to learn to accept and just deal with. EVERY developer gets criticized and attacked it's part of the job. The fact that you have to ignore comments shows they bother you when it shouldn't. Who cares what idiots online think? Why let that get to you.

My feedback to you is: Really the biggest problem with your campaign/game is there is nothing to show. If you had a working demo or anything of substance there could be a discussion but all we have a few screenshots and that's it.

If you want to be really be taken seriously provide a playable demo or heck even a 30 minute gameplay video but there's no substance here. Unless your name is Chris Roberts, you can't expect get 250,000 off an idea only without showing working gameplay. [/serious]

Anyway I kinda want this mini-guillotine but $20 is a little too much would be cool though.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GunnerJ posted:

The only thing here that approaches a reasonable answer is that "It sounds cool in Japanese" which, given how much you hype this up as a trilingual game, seems kinda dumb.

Seriously, though. I'll accept that you're doing the horseshit thing where a politically charged historical event is just a backdrop for a mundane story that could be set in any time and place. You're still nonetheless setting it during the French Revolution. Why not, idk, "Fructidor"? Or literally any other title that actually conveys what this game is about, since this game is not about the end of the Reign of Terror? You're saying the series ends in Thermidor Year II, but this just makes it more confusing that it's the title of the first game. Wouldn't "Thermidor" be a better subtitle for that last game than the name of the whole series? Not trying to be mean here but you're maybe a bit too optimistic about this series taking off if you're naming the whole thing after its last episode. In the meantime, you still have to sell the first.

And on that note: I'm just gonna just toss this out there as a huge French Revolution nerd, but you're probably deeply alienating to large segments of any potential customer base for a video game set in the French Revolution by treating it as this hodgepodge widow dressing for a buddy adventure story. Like I grew up playing JRPGs and I love this time period, this game should be extremely my poo poo, but your approach just leaves me cold and uninterested. Just make a Les Miserables game, I am pretty sure the original novel is in the public domain.

There are plenty of reasons we decided to go with that period of time, and go with that setting. And our writer is working hard on creating an engaging story for the game that will have a deep connection to that era. He might (probably will) include some historical events and connect them to the main story.
Even though the game has a working playable engine and complete characters designs, it is still in its late concept to early development phase. which means ANYTHING (including the name of the game) can change at any time, because we have the freedom to do so.
A JRPG fan who's also a French Revolution nerd is exactly who we want to hear from, and you never know, this game might be exactly your cup of tea!
So please stay in touch, and more than anything, please be patient. This game is in its infancy and will take a long time to develop, so your continued communication with us is genuinely appreciated.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

hyperdevbox posted:

There are plenty of reasons we decided to go with that period of time, and go with that setting. And our writer is working hard on creating an engaging story for the game that will have a deep connection to that era. He might (probably will) include some historical events and connect them to the main story.
Even though the game has a working playable engine and complete characters designs, it is still in its late concept to early development phase. which means ANYTHING (including the name of the game) can change at any time, because we have the freedom to do so.
A JRPG fan who's also a French Revolution nerd is exactly who we want to hear from, and you never know, this game might be exactly your cup of tea!
So please stay in touch, and more than anything, please be patient. This game is in its infancy and will take a long time to develop, so your continued communication with us is genuinely appreciated.

OK, so here's my communication:

1. Change the title to something that makes sense to this game as opposed to some hypothetical future final game in a series OR
2. Add guillotines to the game in some capacity

(Actually do both though.)

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DropsySufferer posted:

For person 1 There's a difference between replying and having an actual dialogue. You only want to hear your opinion. When given to suggestions contrary to that you avoid and defect. Life isn't an echo chamber of approval and agreement and the only way you are going to find that online is to create your own forum and private small echo chamber.

For person 2 Most posters aren't saying that directly. If you were that hated you would have been banned here by now. What your comment shows me is that you are insecure about this game. If you want to share or present any idea, you have to be open to being attacked or criticized especially online. This is something you need to learn to accept and just deal with. EVERY developer gets criticized and attacked it's part of the job. The fact that you have to ignore comments shows they bother you when it shouldn't. Who cares what idiots online think? Why let that get to you.

My feedback to you is: Really the biggest problem with your campaign/game is there is nothing to show. If you had a working demo or anything of substance there could be a discussion but all we have a few screenshots and that's it.

If you want to be really be taken seriously provide a playable demo or heck even a 30 minute gameplay video but there's no substance here. Unless your name is Chris Roberts, you can't expect get 250,000 off an idea only without showing working gameplay. [/serious]

Anyway I kinda want this mini-guillotine but $20 is a little too much would be cool though.

Agreed.
Though you'll have to wait a few months for that playable demo.
When the game gets funded (one way or another), I will personally buy you that DIY circumciser.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Wait does this game you're crowdfunding not have a complete outline of the story ready?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

EgoEgress posted:

I will play Thermometer if you can romance a Tommy Wiseau guillotine character, and I think the same could be said for many people

:yeah:

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GunnerJ posted:

OK, so here's my communication:

1. Change the title to something that makes sense to this game as opposed to some hypothetical future final game in a series OR
2. Add guillotines to the game in some capacity

(Actually do both though.)

Note taken!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Nuns with Guns posted:

Wait does this game you're crowdfunding not have a complete outline of the story ready?

It took them 14 months to put this abject failure of a crowdfunding campaign out what do you think?

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nuns with Guns posted:

actually I have a few more questions: the guy running your account here is the composer for the game, right?
Right!

Nuns with Guns posted:

why pick a video game composer over a professional PR person?
Are you saying I should be fired? No, but seriously, without getting in to too many private inside details, each of our staff members does a lot of things on top of his expertise (in my case music and sound design), including PR, translations, design and more.

Nuns with Guns posted:

have you consulted with PR people fluent in the languages and cultures to see how you can best attract people to fund you?
Yes! And we still are.

Nuns with Guns posted:

what outreach steps have you done besides making posts here and some other video game forums?
Social networks etc' - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and more recently Tumblr.
Different crowdfunding or gaming websites posts/reviews like this one
Press releases and so on.
There is still a lot of work to be done in that area.

Nuns with Guns posted:

why pay to register an account here of all places?
Our CEO certainly regrets that LOL.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Not complete yet, no.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hi, OP! Since you seem to be very interested in only talking to people with some kind of credentials, I am a developer on a project that has more app downloads than everything HyperDevBox has published, combined! I hope this qualifies me to talk to you about your development pipeline!

1) In my professional experience with mobile gaming projects, both direct and indirect, you have gone public and requested crowdfunding at an extraordinarily early stage in development. I am aware that you may have special circumstances, but you have not explained those circumstances in your pitch. Is there a reason for this?
2) In my professional experience with mobile gaming projects, both direct and indirect, 14 months is an extremely long amount of time to have gone between beginning the project and being at the "late concept" phase. Is there a reason for this?
3) In my professional experience with mobile gaming projects, both direct and indirect, I would have expected to see day-0 outreach to various gaming journalism sites. Many of them will pretty much publicize your press release for you, no questions asked, and still somehow get significant traffic. Is there a reason you've chosen not to do this?
4) Do you seriously expect to hire an experienced mobile developer for an office in Ikebukuro for the equivalent of $28k US per year?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I still want to know why you went with IGG instead of Kickstarter considering KS has a much larger reach, most people won't even bother looking at the game if it's under IGG, whether or not it's fair is irrelevant, it's just fact. Videogame projects have historically been much less successful on IGG, especially with the budget you're shooting for. Also, why $30 for the game? That's much more expensive than the typical buy-in for this type of game on a crowdfunding site. It's not in an "impulse" territory that many of these projects thrive on.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Reiterpallasch posted:

Hi, OP! Since you seem to be very interested in only talking to people with some kind of credentials, I am a developer on a project that has more app downloads than everything HyperDevBox has published, combined! I hope this qualifies me to talk to you about your development pipeline!

1) In my professional experience with mobile gaming projects, both direct and indirect, you have gone public and requested crowdfunding at an extraordinarily early stage in development. I am aware that you may have special circumstances, but you have not explained those circumstances in your pitch. Is there a reason for this?
2) In my professional experience with mobile gaming projects, both direct and indirect, 14 months is an extremely long amount of time to have gone between beginning the project and being at the "late concept" phase. Is there a reason for this?
3) In my professional experience with mobile gaming projects, both direct and indirect, I would have expected to see day-0 outreach to various gaming journalism sites. Many of them will pretty much publicize your press release for you, no questions asked, and still somehow get significant traffic. Is there a reason you've chosen not to do this?
4) Do you seriously expect to hire an experienced mobile developer for an office in Ikebukuro for the equivalent of $28k US per year?

I am not only interested in talking to people with "some kind of credentials". I am interested in talking to people who are genuinely interested in this game and its setting, JRPG lovers in general, and people who converse in a mature manner.

1) Yes, I think that once a person reads through our campaign page and watches the pitch video, he can clearly see how small our company is, so I personally don't think there is need to further explain these "circumstances".
2) Yes, there are many reasons for this. But since these are private matters, I don't see any reason to go in to details.
3) Who said we haven't?
4) As a person with professional experience with mobile gaming projects, both direct and indirect, you should know that is none of anyone's business.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Original_Z posted:

I still want to know why you went with IGG instead of Kickstarter considering KS has a much larger reach, most people won't even bother looking at the game if it's under IGG, whether or not it's fair is irrelevant, it's just fact. Videogame projects have historically been much less successful on IGG, especially with the budget you're shooting for. Also, why $30 for the game? That's much more expensive than the typical buy-in for this type of game on a crowdfunding site. It's not in an "impulse" territory that many of these projects thrive on.

We know very well how better Kickstarter is for games than IGG. But as I've mentioned before, Kickstarter, unfortunately doesn't currently accept accounts from Japan.
There is an Early-Bird perk for $30 that includes the game with fast track access, the OST, a digital artbook, wallpapers and website credits. That is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

hyperdevbox posted:

1) Yes, I think that once a person reads through our campaign page and watches the pitch video, he can clearly see how small our company is, so I personally don't think there is need to further explain these "circumstances".
2) Yes, there are many reasons for this. But since these are private matters, I don't see any reason to go in to details.
3) Who said we haven't?
4) As a person with professional experience with mobile gaming projects, both direct and indirect, you should know that is none of anyone's business.

Nice defensive post. Try something like this:

1) Yes, we have chosen to go public and request crowdfunding early because X. We still think it was a good idea/We do not think it was a good idea.
2) Yes, due to personal matters with several of the staff their homework was eaten by a hungry dog.
3) We did reach out to game journalists, here, here and here. We also contacted several more but they chose not to run our release.
4) We have a solid line on a developer who is willing to work for $28k/We do not have any applicants for this position and will be adjusting accordingly.

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

can someone get the villain op of this thread to respond to my serious business proposition re: deli meats and refrigerators. honestly i am starting to be a little bit insulted here. i am offering $250000 us dollars depending on how much i like the answer and i am actually being ignored, probably due to the OPs racial stereotypes against the good people of tuptaluk.

i am sure some of the veteran SA members remember my many charitable donations or the time when i got our nation to put the grenade logo up so you could see the somethingawful grenade from google earth for a week.

OP, I think it'd be in your best interests to reply to this man. I don't know if there's a more charitable man on this planet, and that's the God's honest truth. I, personally, can attest to the fact that Something Awful's grenade logo was indeed on Google Earth for an entire week, and God was it prominent. I'd never seen the grenade so clearly defined outside of SA's logo, to be honest. Pog has always been a generous investor, and I really don't think you're doing any service to yourself by ignoring him.

Pog is completely genuine, and I'm certain he could provide you with $250,000 if you just negotiated with him. It's a bit obscure, but Tuptaluk is fairly prosperous.

E: Grammar.

dionysian fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 6, 2017

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
The thing you guys don't seem to understand about crowdfunding is that increased transparency is the price you pay for eschewing a traditional publisher. I asked those questions (okay, 3/4 of those questions) because they would be the exact questions anyone doing due diligence on you would after a pitch meeting.

You can get away with giving defensive non answers on these dead comedy forums, though why you're bothering escapes me. But they're not convincing anyone, and in this post Star Citizen world where backers are used to crowdfunding dumpster fires, you can see the results.

I swear to God this is genuine, professional, 100% good intentioned advice from someone in the industry: yank your campaign, get a good consultant and a live gameplay demo video, get a Goddamn press strategy sorted out, and relaunch.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
poo poo, you guys aren't even on Siliconera, and they'll print a handwritten presser on wadded up newsprint if you tape an anime character design to it.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
OP's last post in the old thread "I can't believe how immature some of these comments are about making a game. I'm making a new thread. Oh by the way, here's some music, kill yourselves"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The "Dynamic Awareness System" sounds like you just implemented attacks of opportunity from pen and paper RPGs.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

OP you didn't answer my questions in the last thread so I'll repeat them here:

1) If you weren't going to spend any money on advertising why did you go with IndieGoGo and not Kickstarter for funding? You campaign page isn't good by any stretch of the imagination but it looks kind of glossy, and Kickstarter's internal marketing would have got you a lot more pledges based just off that and the anime pictures. Not quarter of a million worth but way more than $800, which should be embarrassing to you if you're running PR.

2) If you were going to go with IGG and you're making this game anyway, why didn't you go for flexible funding? You guys seem like the sorts to do that anyway, may as well go all in.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Also you locked a sticked thread which you'd better believe is a paddlin' around these parts

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Seriously though, I'm thankful that the OP decided to bestow us with more content despite all the crimson haze he's been taking.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Just saying, I appreciate your answers to all my questions in the previous thread about the gameplay, and you should really do a writeup on the battle system and a video or series of pictures showing how it works. I can't say I speak for everyone here but I for one am unlikely to even consider pre-ordering a game without first seeing a working prototype. As a potential video game-buying customer, I agree with jizzy sillage's analysis of your reply to reiterpallasch's questions. They way you have answered them is extremely defensive, gives little information, and makes me suspicious of your ability as a development company to actually produce and release a complete, enjoyable product.

There is a 90s tactical combat game called Shadow Watch that has a vaguely similar interrupt/conterattack system to yours: you can assign unused action points to shooting at enemies that enter your line of sight, during their turn. If the enemy takes a path towards you that avoids your line of sight, they can attack safely without interruption. While it was overall a fun game, it did skew the game balance vastly in favour of the defender because it was easy to ensure a stealthy approach was impossible.

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 6, 2017

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Crazy Achmed posted:

Just saying, I appreciate your answers to all my questions in the previous thread about the gameplay, and you should really do a writeup on the battle system and a video or series of pictures showing how it works. I can't say I speak for everyone here but I for one am unlikely to even consider pre-ordering a game without first seeing a working prototype.
And I can't remember if you answered, but I recall someone asking what the rest of the game would be like, between the fights. Are you planning on the older style of static backgrounds and menus, walking around in realtime (like Final Fantasy), or something different?

There is a 90s tactical combat game called Shadow Watch that has a vaguely similar interrupt/conterattack system to yours: you can assign unused action points to shooting at enemies that enter your line of sight, during their turn. If the enemy takes a path towards you that avoids your line of sight, they can attack safely without interruption. While it was overall a fun game, it did skew the game balance vastly in favour of the defender because it was easy to ensure a stealthy approach was impossible.

xcom did the same thing. Reaction fire isn't a new mechanic.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Even the new Shadowrun games are using the overwatch system.

Please tell me the weaponry system doesn't just mean you've put in durability.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

xcom did the same thing. Reaction fire isn't a new mechanic.

Yep, you are totally correct. I mention shadow watch as it's a particularly extreme example of this leading to half-baked gameplay: the player characters (and enemies alike) had relatively few hit points - you could only take two or three bullets before being very dead - and because of this it was almost impossible to enter a room with just a couple of guards watching the doors. Most maps were best handled by finding a way to manipulate the enemy AI to come to you, or finding a way to operate extremely stealthily. I'm wondering if the OP will comment on how their system will avoid this kind of gameplay problem.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

OP you didn't answer my questions in the last thread so I'll repeat them here:

1) If you weren't going to spend any money on advertising why did you go with IndieGoGo and not Kickstarter for funding? You campaign page isn't good by any stretch of the imagination but it looks kind of glossy, and Kickstarter's internal marketing would have got you a lot more pledges based just off that and the anime pictures. Not quarter of a million worth but way more than $800, which should be embarrassing to you if you're running PR.

They did answer that one; they're based in Japan, and Kickstarter doesn't let you set up a campaign from there yet. Although I do have to wonder if it might not have been a better idea to just get a business partner in another country to handle the campaign, since they apparently don't have the resources to run the campaign themselves and work on the game at the same time anyway...

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Thuryl posted:

They did answer that one; they're based in Japan, and Kickstarter doesn't let you set up an account from there yet.

oh, well fair enough.

• Locked thread