Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

the black husserl posted:

Too bad prolonged solitary confinement makes you go so insane that you'll start chewing off your own fingers just to make the boredom go away. You're not exactly playing Xbox in there.

Poor Chelsea Manning is on her like, 3rd? suicide attempt in the last six months. They wan't to execute her but don't want to do the dirty work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

If you'd listened to Trump at his rallies you'd realize we're losing "billions and billions of dollars" to Mexico every year through the trade deficit. So all he needs to do is stop losing that money to Mexico and then Trump will have all the money he needs to build the wall. Make's perfect sense if you don't know what a trade deficit is.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Solitary is considered torture because it drives people insane. Social isolation is psychologically devastating to the point that the rest of the world considers solitary confinement to be a level of torture you just don't do. There are also all sorts of other punishments you can get if you refuse the prison slave labor. Things like not being eligible for parole by some strange mystery I don't know how that happened! or extra time. Some prisons even charge you for being there so if you can't pay you have to work buuuuuuuut it just so happens that the only job available to you, as a prisoner, is $1.25/hour work for whoever is paying the prison this week.

Then if you refuse to work you end up with a ginormous debt to your name which you will never, ever pay off.

This isn't making the US prison system sound very appealing.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Holy poo poo I was 100% positive this had to be shopped til I saw you could click on it.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Inferior Third Season posted:

Didn't you hear? We're just fronting the cash, and will be reimbursed by Mexico later.

It's great to see the famed negotiator at work. Put up all of the money first, and then demand payment from the counter-party that never even wanted the product at all. Really coming at them with a lot of leverage. How long do you think Mexico will hold out before they break under such superior dealmaking skill?

Four years from now Mexico will still not have given a single peso (obviously) and the costs will have blown out by orders of magnitude due to graft but the GOP will still be able to spin it as a win by framing the cost as money rightfully owed to REAL AMERICANS that the treasonous Dems would let THOSE PEOPLE just walk away with. As long as you can constantly deflect your own massive, humiliating failings onto your enemy, failure is actually an asset.

And because the soul of the American voter is an open sewer, it will probably work.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Wanderer posted:

I've been saying to people that I expected Trump to go into an incompetence spiral and lose the support of even his most die-hard voters by the end of 2017, as what he promised and what is actually possible got into a collision.

I'm starting to think I was giving him too much credit.

The ones you're really underestimating are his cultists. They can find a way to justify anything he does.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Chomskyan posted:

If you'd listened to Trump at his rallies you'd realize we're losing "billions and billions of dollars" to Mexico every year through the trade deficit. So all he needs to do is stop losing that money to Mexico and then Trump will have all the money he needs to build the wall. Make's perfect sense if you don't know what a trade deficit is.

THEM MEXICANS GOT MONEY AND THAT AINT FAIR!

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Wasn't somebody saying something about how the wall was going to be financed by taxing remittances to Mexico, back during the campaign?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Volcott posted:

Can you politely decline hard labor and just spend all day in your cell being a lazy piece of poo poo? I think that would be my preference.

Uh I'm sorry you clearly didn't read the article because these lucky prisoners will be learning valuable life skills:

some dickhead posted:

Aside from learning and perfecting construction skills, the symbolism of these inmates building a wall to prevent crime in communities around the country, and to preserve jobs and work opportunities for them and other Americans upon release, can be very powerful.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Mexicans-Will-Pay-for-Trumps-Wall-Says-Famous-Fortune-Teller-20170106-0018.html

Mexicans Will Pay for Trump’s Wall, Says Famous Fortune Teller

quote:

Mexicans will have to pay for the “great wall” that President-elect Donald Trump is planning to build on the southern border of the United States, prominent Mexican fortune teller Antonio Vazquez Alba, better known as "El Brujo Mayor,” said Thursday.

"We're going to reassure and harmonize Trump ... the wall will start to be built this year and Mexicans will pay for it, it's all arranged because there's a 5 percent tax on remittances. With that money he's going to build his wall," he said.

The top fortune teller also said the U.S. will be the target of multiple terror attacks due to their new president, who ran a divisive campaign targeting minorities and called for a ban on Muslims entering the country.

So suck it up Mexicans, the ghosts don't lie.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hate to play retard's advocate here, but I feel like this is not gonna shock Trump supports very much. Many of them are probably satisfied with paying for it, as long as it gets done and consider all that Mexico bullying to be just the cherry on top.

Also, many people don't see a difference between Mexico paying up front or getting billed later and won't see this as Trump breaking his promise. In 8 years, Trump will still be "negotiating" with Mexico and his promise will still not be considered broken.

I feel like he is gonna come out this totally clean.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Hate to play retard's advocate here, but I feel like this is not gonna shock Trump supports very much. Many of them are probably satisfied with paying for it, as long as it gets done and consider all that Mexico bullying to be just the cherry on top.

Also, many people don't see a difference between Mexico paying up front or getting billed later and won't see this as Trump breaking his promise. In 8 years, Trump will still be "negotiating" with Mexico and his promise will still not be considered broken.

From what I can tell, most of his supporters haven't batted an eye at his complete failure to "drain the swamp." Unless by "drain the swamp" he meant "drain it, and then fill it even more with the same exact kind of poo poo, if not worse." So yeah, there really is no convincing some people. I just wonder how much longer they'll keep blaming Obama for everything.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

haljordan posted:

From what I can tell, most of his supporters haven't batted an eye at his complete failure to "drain the swamp." Unless by "drain the swamp" he meant "drain it, and then fill it even more with the same exact kind of poo poo, if not worse." So yeah, there really is no convincing some people. I just wonder how much longer they'll keep blaming Obama for everything.

Tories in the UK are still finding ways to blame the last Labour government (2010) for everything, so a long time.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

You might say that nothing matters.

haljordan posted:

I just wonder how much longer they'll keep blaming Obama for everything.

Until the heat death of the universe bombs start dropping.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

What he needs to stay on good terms with isn't his cult. He will never, ever lose his cult. Who he needs to stay on good terms with is literally everybody else. His cult is a pretty small minority and everybody else already hates him. His approval rating is at historic lows going in to his presidency and he hasn't even taken office yet.

There are even rumblings in the outskirts of his cult as white supremacists are disappointed that he isn't being as racist as promised while die hard Tea Party crazies are upset he won't actually be going after Hillary.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Uggghhh, I just realized. They're gonna blame all of this on the next (D) president. It's going to be their fault that all of this fell on the taxpayers*, because an (R) definitely would have finally managed to convice Mexico to pay the US back.

*when they accept that the money is gone and continually antagonizing your closest neighbors for no reason is full retard "diplomacy"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Wanderer posted:

I've been saying to people that I expected Trump to go into an incompetence spiral and lose the support of even his most die-hard voters by the end of 2017, as what he promised and what is actually possible got into a collision.

I'm starting to think I was giving him too much credit.

Nobody is actually going to care that he pays for the wall with US money. They're either going to be satisfied that there's a wall, or never have cared in the first place. He'll escape the grim spectre of defeat by claiming he got some kind of (non-monetary) concession from Mexico for it later.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'm gonna set the over/under on the number of miles of wall that actually gets built at 100.5

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

haljordan posted:

I'm gonna set the over/under on the number of miles of wall that actually gets built at 100.5

Under. More barrier will be built but it'll be fence, or additional security measures on existing fence.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
I'm kind of hoping that Trump builds the wall. Mainly so that it could be blown up/sabotaged and never completed. Why?

Because X Trillion dollars is worth it if Trump voters can have a visual referance for their stupidity in the future. A big, broken, blackened, smoking Trump analog that will be the bulwark of his legacy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Acid Haze posted:

I'm kind of hoping that Trump builds the wall. Mainly so that it could be blown up/sabotaged and never completed. Why?

Because X Trillion dollars is worth it if Trump voters can have a visual referance for their stupidity in the future. A big, broken, blackened, smoking Trump analog that will be the bulwark of his legacy.

Isn't the giant eminent domain grab necessary to complete that project similar to why those moron ranchers were committing their federal crimes during their "occupation" a few months back? Hope they band together to protest Tru.....ahahaha yeah right I can't even finish that sentence without laughing.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Acid Haze posted:

I don't think you understand the way they think. A terrorist attack on the Wall won't make them think "What a dumb idea that was." It'd make them think "WAR!!!"

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
That's great they can raze Texas. And the part of New Mexico that's not nothing. On top of that a wall is not alive, it's cement.

haljordan posted:

Isn't the giant eminent domain grab necessary to complete that project similar to why those moron ranchers were committing their federal crimes during their "occupation" a few months back? Hope they band together to protest Tru.....ahahaha yeah right I can't even finish that sentence without laughing.

I never said I expected anything from the locals. Texans knowing their rear end from a hole in the ground is far too much to ask.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 7, 2017

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

haljordan posted:

He said that he was going to bring in vicious people that could make good deals for the american public. Promise upheld :colbert:

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 7, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

most of these people dont know there's already a border wall between us and mexico

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

PT6A posted:

Vincente Fox is cool and good, and a pro Twitter follow. He appears to just be trolling Trump for shits and giggles at least half the time, which makes him a good person.

fox is a shithead who rode a wave of discontent and called his opponents transvestite sissies then was completely incompetent and corrupt in office

unsurprisingly he's taken very well to twitter

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

haljordan posted:

My money's on 1488 miles being completed.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

PT6A posted:

Vincente Fox is cool and good, and a pro Twitter follow. He appears to just be trolling Trump for shits and giggles at least half the time, which makes him a good person.

yeah no. tweet aside, he was a pretty inept president.

By the way, I don't think we are going to pay for the wall. Looking at the gasolinazo, inflation and the way the country is crashing and burning right now, I don't think we could ever be able to pay for that.

Besides, with the current exchange rate, the minimun wage is less than four dollars a day.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Incidentally, a wall will not affect airplanes which make up the majority of illegal entry.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Trumps hugely owning everyone. He ain't building no wall. He's building a WALLE

See the walle displacing evil mexican hatchling

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cobra_Commander posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/index.html

did rednecks actually believe Mexico would be paying for this poo poo? My taxes better not go up because of this stupid wall that anyone with a ladder or shovel could get past.

I thought liberals liked paying taxes. Maybe if you weren't such hypocrites people would vote for your garbage party.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm legitimately impressed by how hard Trump has walked back his own campaign before even being inaugurated.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Voyager I posted:

I'm legitimately impressed by how hard Trump has walked back his own campaign before even being inaugurated.

I for one am shocked that a narcissistic liar never told the truth.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vicente Fox better watch his loving mouth wrt Trump. Trump has very little regard for Latin America or it's various peoples, in fact very likely disdain. Them being loud and confident during the Obama years is very much over. Trump will likely be very active in the region unlike Obama. Trump is going to go after immigration at its source.

Cobra_Commander
Jan 5, 2017

:siren:SHITPOSTER ALERT!:siren:

Put this Nazi-loving dipshit on ignore immediately!

Shbobdb posted:

I thought liberals liked paying taxes. Maybe if you weren't such hypocrites people would vote for your garbage party.

I voted for Trump, but he was the worst of the Republican candidates IMO. I voted for Little Marco in the primaries

Trump is still better than Old Crooked Hillary. But it was another Giant Douche versus Turd Sandwich scenario

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Nonsense posted:

Vicente Fox better watch his loving mouth wrt Trump. Trump has very little regard for Latin America or it's various peoples, in fact very likely disdain. Them being loud and confident during the Obama years is very much over. Trump will likely be very active in the region unlike Obama. Trump is going to go after immigration at its source.

I thought early 2000s style border crossings were pretty much over in the US. I read recently that deportations were far outstripping overland arrivals something like 10:1.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cobra_Commander posted:

My taxes better not go up because of this stupid wall that anyone with a ladder or shovel could get past.

Lol get used to being outraged at a lot of things the next 4 years.

EDIT:

Cobra_Commander posted:

I voted for Trump

Nevermind, you deserve exactly what you voted for.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cobra_Commander posted:

I voted for Trump, but he was the worst of the Republican candidates IMO. I voted for Little Marco in the primaries

Trump is still better than Old Crooked Hillary. But it was another Giant Douche versus Turd Sandwich scenario

Nice self own.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

People actually say Crooked Hillary?

Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Cobra_Commander posted: