Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which run are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
John Romero's DAIKATANA 185 14.93%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 163 13.16%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 172 13.88%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 200 16.14%
John Romero's DAIKATANA 191 15.42%
I'm mostly here for the cucking 328 26.47%
Total: 544 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Yo, poo poo starts in 2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can we keep both threads?

for me it means I get to post 2x more about AGDQ with my favoritest posting bros... :blush: but I mean, it's okay if the answer's no......I'll understand......

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I can't wait to see that Caleb guy take his shirt off and flex

When he does I'll talk about it here, because where else on SA could I possibly talk about AGDQ 2017

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

this thread is the save the animals thread

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

Veib posted:

Everyone who's into Daikatana and/or being John Romero's bitch should read Masters of Doom, the book about id software and the men who founded it. It's really loving good.

Also Masters of Doom is a very good name for pretty much anything, really.

I second this

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

- no Tetris block (okay I know it was getting stale but I'm still counting it)

Hey, we're getting the Tetris With Cardcaptor Sakura: Eternal Heart race which is a legit Arika game and is basically RNG Sakura mode for TGM. There will be some dumb Tetris shenanigans still.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

a.lo posted:

this thread is the save the animals thread

This is this thread's stance on the save/kill debate:

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Should I donate to save or kill the animals?
There are two kinds of people in this world: FPS Experts, and Bitches. FPS Experts want to kill the animals.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

viewtyjoe posted:

Hey, we're getting the Tetris With Cardcaptor Sakura: Eternal Heart race which is a legit Arika game and is basically RNG Sakura mode for TGM. There will be some dumb Tetris shenanigans still.

This is true. However, not only is it at 4AM my time, but also everyone knows Cardcaptor Sakura is way lamer than Sailor Moon!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Insurrectionist posted:

The route itself has never been too bad (although without the teardrop stuff it's a bit light on gamebreaking), DS3's problem is that it has the most boring weapons in Souls games. Only BB has been as one-sided in that way since Saw Cleaver is ridiculous, but at least Saw Cleaver has a diverse moveset and BB runs make extensive use of different kinds of attacks (R1, R2, charge, backstabs, etc).

In DS3, until someone got an All Bosses WR with Twinblades on Jan 5th, every run of every category since the start has been Anri's Straightsword since about 2 weeks after launch (and it was the most popular before that too but people still tried other weapons for a bit). Furthermore the bossfights are 95% spamming R1 only because you do all your damage with bleed procs which only care about how often you hit, which means you only want to use your fastest attack. And that has been EVERY viable route in every category for 9 months. Compare DS2 which uses lots of different weapons through its run, or DS1 which has had lots of completely different routes with different weapons and actually had Sorcery as the WR route for a long time (and Sorcery in speedruns is actually pretty fun to watch IMO).

E: ^^^^ Yeah they patched out the biggest tech - almost only tech - in the game, teardrop glitching which allowed for a lot of out-of-bounds skipping and made any% actually good for a while.

i prefer runs where it's within the normal bounds of the game and it's just someone executing perfectly so i like the all bosses runs for ds3.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Megaman Legends followed by Katamari Damacy?

Be still, my heart

Groovelord Neato posted:

i prefer runs where it's within the normal bounds of the game and it's just someone executing perfectly so i like the all bosses runs for ds3.

yeah it's like those dumb Ocarina of Time speedruns where he jumps through a door weird and beats the game in 18 seconds

i didn't come here to see you make frame perfect tricks with loading zones, i came here to see you trudge through a giant game i still know by heart somehow

disjoe fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 8, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

disjoe posted:

Megaman Legends followed by Katamari Damacy?

Be still, my heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2C8XvxYqos

:getin:

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

disjoe posted:

I can't wait to see that Caleb guy take his shirt off and flex

I am looking forward to this, and also Naegleria taking the mic to tell us how he really feels about Mario Kart 8.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i don't know much about ape escape but it's a good starting run, i think they've used it as an opener before?

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

I've never watched or played Ape Escape in any shape or form so I'm hoping it's good

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lol at a second thread because people are meanies to weirdos on dead comedy website something awful.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Preshow in 30 minutes.

Real deal in 60.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Voting for cucking. No regrets.

I have lots of time off this week, good a time as any to watch 8 billion hours of speedruns.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
that other thread is lame. this is the one true agdq thread

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

it takes itself very seriously, and we're watching a bunch of people play videogames fast

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i don't know what to call it when you lack all self-awareness about your hobby, but thats the word i want to describe that thread

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
also I'm still permabanned from the twitch chat after like, 3 years. I don't remember what I did at all

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

also I'm still permabanned from the twitch chat after like, 3 years. I don't remember what I did at all

You probably said a no-no word.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

voted cuck the animals

edit: this thread was posted faster, and therefore is the better once

Sit on my Jace fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 8, 2017

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't know what to call it when you lack all self-awareness about your hobby, but thats the word i want to describe that thread

Don't make fun of my friends in the AGDQ 2017 Chill Zone

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

CharlestonJew posted:

:agreed:

Remove the other thread, it's already boring and sucks.

Op is missing this essential video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM

For the record, I think goose is a cool guy and I wish him nothing but the best.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Millenials and their safe spaces right guys?

But srsly in a world where Twitch chat exists we are downright playful.

What happens in pre-show I've never been around for the start and honestly still might not be .

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Ordered 3 t-shirts, "kicking" cancer's "butt" via useless spending

Greetings from (actual) Germany

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

weekly font posted:

Millenials and their safe spaces right guys?

But srsly in a world where Twitch chat exists we are downright playful.

What happens in pre-show I've never been around for the start and honestly still might not be .

They talk about nothing and plug the charity.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Don't make fun of my friends in the AGDQ 2017 Chill Zone

sorry, im a rude dude sometimes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

They talk about nothing and plug the charity.

They have names you know

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Stream is on with a count down going

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so is the charity actually a decent one or is it one of those charities where like 90% of its funds go towards "administrative costs" aka bonuses for the executives running it

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Does anyone still use livestreamer? I liked it much better than the webapp. I can't get it going though.

CharlestonJew posted:

so is the charity actually a decent one or is it one of those charities where like 90% of its funds go towards "administrative costs" aka bonuses for the executives running it

They get pretty good ratings. You'll see dickwits complain about how "none of the money goes to research" which is true because PCF puts its funding toward awareness and detection programs. They handle less money than your average academic research department so they couldn't really make a dent in research if they wanted to.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 8, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CharlestonJew posted:

pcf is cool and good especially as far as cancer charities go (there are a number of really not good cancer charities)

however i still think charity: water would be a better choice. maybe next year.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

part of me is a ittle worried this year cause sgdq16 was a flawless technical masterpiece. no where to go from here than down :shobon:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I am excited to see Co-op Trauma Center: New Blood because the poo poo you can pull off with two mastered players in that game is absurdly quick.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

man I remember you guys driving me crazy with the "cool and good" catchphrase last summer and today is already off to a rough start, ARGH!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

PCF is not the best charity out there, but good enough that you shouldn't be afraid to donate.

If however you would like to donate to the best charity, then SGQD will be benefiting Doctors Without Borders.

beep by grandpa posted:

part of me is a ittle worried this year cause sgdq16 was a flawless technical masterpiece. no where to go from here than down :shobon:

Those madmen ended ahead of schedule.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

http://theyetee.com/agdq/detail.php?itemid=AGDQ17-ShapeUp

What game is this shirt from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

This loading screen is pretty slick already. I'm pretty sure this was caused by stealing all of ESA's tech people, explaining why last ESA was kind of a massive shitshow.

• Locked thread