Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
drat I want a ps5. Kinda hard to justify an almost $600 purchase when I'm still unemployed thanks to covid. Probably for the best anyway. Trying to pursue my art as a career or at least eke out a living, so have been playing games a lot less these days anyway. Looks cool af though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Got it. Thank you thank you thank you.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GOT ONE :toot:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

eonwe posted:

Okay, I assume since I got one on Amazon I should cancel my Target one. Which one do you all think is more reliable for launch date? Gotta be Amazon right?

amazon is pretty slow with shipping nowadays, if you use target make sure you upgrade your ups package from surepost to ground on mychoice ups or w/e

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Jesus, Wario. The product page isn't even up yet.... How.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

eonwe posted:

Okay, I assume since I got one on Amazon I should cancel my Target one. Which one do you all think is more reliable for launch date? Gotta be Amazon right?

Never had a problem with Amazon preorders. Target didn't even guarantee you'd get it on release day.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
My Amazon pre-order is in, very smooth so far so jump on it early goons, i'll wait a few days before cancelling my Target pre-order

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

dog nougat posted:

drat I want a ps5. Kinda hard to justify an almost $600 purchase when I'm still unemployed thanks to covid. Probably for the best anyway. Trying to pursue my art as a career or at least eke out a living, so have been playing games a lot less these days anyway. Looks cool af though :(

Don't feel bad. Life is more important that video games. And to totally honest, there's no killer app for the PS5. You'll be fine not getting one now.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Found on Twitter:

This link adds both editions to your cart. https://t.co/f69CzRf02P?amp=1

Delete the one you don't want, keep it movin'. It says shipped and sold via Amazon and goes to Amazon, so we'll see what ends up happening here.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Got the digital one. I'll probably wait to cancel the walmart one at least for now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
We're on track for the crazy, orb-shaped PS9.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I worked hard for this...

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Looks like they sold out of the digital but I got a disc version.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wiltsghost posted:

Got the digital one. I'll probably wait to cancel the walmart one at least for now.

yeah I guess ill wait and see how this shapes up

looks legit tho

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Don't feel bad. Life is more important that video games. And to totally honest, there's no killer app for the PS5. You'll be fine not getting one now.

For real, I'm just getting one for the novelty because I never get anything at launch! But thinking about it, what do I want to play that will be available this year, other than a remake of a PS3 game I played in college (demon souls)? I beat it several times too so I wasn't really itching to go back to it until the marketing made me feel that way

I am however hyped to see if any of my favorite PS4 games perform any better

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
holy crap I checked again and is the USA amazon pre-order sold out already? I get a picture of a dog.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

after spending so much time on the Best Buy website being able to go to Amazon and just hitting "Preorder" and "Buy" is such a relief

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

infraboy posted:

holy crap I checked again and is the USA amazon pre-order sold out already? I get a picture of a dog.

the dog absorbed the preorder

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Glad I randomly checked the thread again, grabbed a digital version from amazon

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

lol

I bought the disc version. I put it on my amazon CC with 6 months zero financing plan. The main reason I wanted to wait until it was on Amazon

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

infraboy posted:

The digital seems sold out, the disc version should still be in stock: https://amzn.to/3msqZDO

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Snagged a disc version from Amazon. I'm still undecided if I want one at launch or not but figured I'd better get in when they're available and I can always cancel later.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, that was super painless (which is partly because the page isn't loving up yet, how)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1306438224496087040

these links will add to cart without going to the product page, I dunno if they're still in stock but this is the quickest way to check

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

the dog absorbed the preorder

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Thank gently caress!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Got the disc version, thanks something awful forums, now I’m going to put some games on eBay and take up come amazon gift card credit to lower this

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I got the disc one ordered from amazon

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wario's gonna make a killing on the affiliate links

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Got my disc version preorder, thanks for the links :)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah got an Amazon order. Gonna cancel my Walmart one.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Couldn't get the digital version, but snagged a disc version. Thanks!

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
And the disc version is now unavailable - but not before I got mine ordered - thanks for the linkage goons!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They're both now unavailable

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I preordered two disc ones - one for me and one for a friend who wanted the digital version. He's asleep now, but I've messaged him seeing if he'd want it. If not, I rather push the console on to a goon rather than just canceling. I also have one of those $750 bundles at GameStop, but I'm not all that interested in keeping that one now that I have the Amazon one. Same thing, rather give to a goon.

If you'd want them, I'll give them to the first two goons to quote this in a reply. I'll message you whenever whatever happens ends up happening, but do be aware, I'm like 90% sure I'll only have the "spare" GameStop one.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Thank you for your help, guys.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Harlock posted:

They're both now unavailable

drat that was fast. I managed to get the disk version. People may want to check Target as maybe folks will end up cancelling those?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there a list anywhere of PS4 games that are known to get a PS5 upgrade of some kind, whether it's free or not?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
we should probably go back to talking about Spelunky 2 now

seriously though thanks goons you all rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

KingSlime posted:

we should probably go back to talking about Spelunky 2 now

seriously though thanks goons you all rock

Yeah, thanks everyone posting the good pre-order links, love this forum sometimes :3