Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Tomathan posted:

Here is God of war playing on an epson 3800 projector. Playstation vr for scale.

I used to have a projector back in the PS3 era, could only do 1080i but having games blown across an entire wall was pretty rad. Sucked in summer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Alright I think you guys talked me into leaning towards the 65” LG CX. Picture quality is important to me and it’s still a respectable size for my viewing distance. Ultimately I’d rather have superior picture quality over a bigger badder version of LED. I’ll do some remaining research on my own. Thanks for all the suggestions!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Get a Trinitron and make sure it has a component input.

:hai:

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

man nurse posted:

Alright I think you guys talked me into leaning towards the 65” LG CX. Picture quality is important to me and it’s still a respectable size for my viewing distance. Ultimately I’d rather have superior picture quality over a bigger badder version of LED. I’ll do some remaining research on my own. Thanks for all the suggestions!

be prepared for the infinite void of seeing perfect blacks, good choice and a no-brainer

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

man nurse posted:

What is your viewing distance?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I will never buy an OLED because I will forever be just one random night where my wife forgets to turn it off when she goes to bed away from having the OSMC UI burnt into it forever.

The new sets automatically dim UI elements to prevent this

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Gosh should I play dark souls 1? Has it aged well and how are the graphics on the remastered version on PS4 pro? I only played dark souls 3 (never finished) and then Sekiro followed recently by bloodborne.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Uh. So in my bank account I see the charge for my PS5 order from Sony but I also see a credit to the account of the exact same amount. Does this mean they refunded my purchase and I’m not getting one?

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

man nurse posted:

Uh. So in my bank account I see the charge for my PS5 order from Sony but I also see a credit to the account of the exact same amount. Does this mean they refunded my purchase and I’m not getting one?

They do a credit check authorization to make sure your card can handle the charge. They should only charge shortly before shipment.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rubby posted:

They do a credit check authorization to make sure your card can handle the charge. They should only charge shortly before shipment.

ah, i see that now in their faq. Phew

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Blind Rasputin posted:

Gosh should I play dark souls 1? Has it aged well and how are the graphics on the remastered version on PS4 pro? I only played dark souls 3 (never finished) and then Sekiro followed recently by bloodborne.

I believe it’s 4K (at least the UI) and 60fps. Obviously it doesn’t look as detailed as BB, DS3, or Sekiro, but it definitely didn’t age poorly. It’s very, very playable. Being able to play it at 60fps feels great.

Also I put an SSD in my Pro and the game loads incredibly fast.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

man nurse posted:

You will receive your instructions at the payphone in gate C of the airport. You have 1 hour

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

morestuff posted:

The extra 20" in diagonal width means the TV is actually nearly twice as big. I'd take that over perfect blacks and theoretical 120 fps, but that's just me.

The X900H is supposed to get 120 Hz/VRR support in a firmware upgrade (hopefully before the PS5 launches)

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 19, 2020

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
My Best Buy order just got canceled, drat.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

ZZZorcerer posted:

Don't like to be early adopter with hardware stuff, I'd rather grab the first hardware revision but... Demon's Souls :negative:

Here is the one case where the Best Buy warranty makes sense.

But it’s usually cooling and optical drives that affect launch systems, right?

No optical on PS5-D and the whole drat case looks like it’s built around cooling.

Here’s to the poor dumb fuckers who re-sold their preorders for 4x retail, only to have them cancelled :shepspends:

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 19, 2020

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Extortionist posted:

Did they previously authorize your card for it? My card got hit the minute the order went through.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Gosh should I play dark souls 1?

Yes

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Romes128 posted:

Did they previously authorize your card for it? My card got hit the minute the order went through.
Yeah, it was charged immediately and they just refunded it.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Extortionist posted:

Yeah, it was charged immediately and they just refunded it.

Did you get an email cancelling it, or did the pre-authorization just fall off your statement?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Extortionist posted:

More information please... did you get an email? When did you place your order?

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

They sent a 'Your order has been canceled' email, with this reason:

Item Canceled
Exceeded Quantity Limits

I ordered in the second wave that went up a bit later in the day on Wednesday.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How is Just Cause 3 and Shadow of Morder ?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

fit em all up in there posted:

How is Just Cause 3 and Shadow of Morder ?

Not great and pretty fun, respectively.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blind Rasputin posted:

Absolutely! It’s still very good

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Amazon Japan has pre-orders up for the Sony 1st party games and interestingly enough they all have unknown product code bonuses. No mention of what they are but I guess Demon's is getting some minor DLC?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Extortionist posted:

They sent a 'Your order has been canceled' email, with this reason:

Item Canceled
Exceeded Quantity Limits

I ordered in the second wave that went up a bit later in the day on Wednesday.

You get disc version or digital?

Also, goondolences, that really sucks.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 19, 2020

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Amazon Japan has pre-orders up for the Sony 1st party games and interestingly enough they all have unknown product code bonuses. No mention of what they are but I guess Demon's is getting some minor DLC?

There's a pre-order weapon, isn't there? A scythe?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Blind Rasputin posted:

Relative to release date DS1 has aged more poorly than Demon's Souls imo, but it has a few more QoL features and some awesome environments. It's a great game. All FROM games are great.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Shammypants posted:

This is the fascinating thing about Nintendo (although sometimes frustrating) that other companies can't replicate. Their games can have major problems or design issues, and sometimes they can even be addressed after the fact via patch or DLC but they just say gently caress it. Unlike Bethesda, and other companies, they are rightfully given a pass because taken together they create evocative experiences that are just good. The flaws of Fallout 4 are simply unavoidable and game weakening in ways that the "mistakes" or "flaws" in Nintendo titles are not. It becomes a preference thing "well I wish the weapons didn't break" (but at some early point in the game it's so easy to get weapons it doesn't matter).

I had a similar feeling that Horizon was a better game than BotW that year, but in the end I don't even agree with my very initial impression. The feelings evoked from hearing music in certain towns the first time, or experiencing one of the purposeful quirks related to magnesis somehow exceeded my feelings for majestic wildlands of Horizon. That's just Nintendo magic honestly.

FROM

Demian's Sigmunds

CJacobs posted:

I assume Demon's is going to be to PS5 what Bloodborne was to PS4, where it establishes itself very early as a system seller and thus Sony covets it like it's the One Ring and it never spreads to other platforms. For the longest time my PS4 was basically a Bloodborne Arcade Cabinet and if I get a PS5 it'll probably end up being the same for Demon's.

Yup. Big time.

ZZZorcerer posted:

Don't like to be early adopter with hardware stuff, I'd rather grab the first hardware revision but... Demon's Souls :negative:

Unwinnable Goon Existential Dread Scenario # 19

Waltzing Along posted:

BB wasn't a system seller, though. It hasn't even sold 3 million copies.

GTA on the other hand...

And GoW is over 10 million.

BB sold the systems, dude. The systems were already sold by the time GoW came out.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Two friends of mine bought a PS4 to play BB. One did so very sadly as he's an anti console PC man.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Two friends of mine bought a PS4 to play BB. One did so very sadly as he's an anti console PC man.

lol owned

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bloodborne was the first game I bought when I got a PS4

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

lol, I think mine was Killzone.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

He ended up having a good experience and wants a PS5 once 30 series fever dies down and the first party games start to roll in.

Shirkelton posted:

lol, I think mine was Killzone.

Same. I got killzone and I think second son with it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
for launch games, there's been remarkably little info on destruction all stars and sackboy's adventure

also i expected all stars was going to be cheap or even f2p

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Destruction All Stars is like the most generic launch title game name I can think of. It seems destined for mediocrity, but the trailer looked kind of cool, so hopefully it's OK.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Can’t believe there were people saying they were disappointed with the launch line up a few days ago. Demon’s Souls is an actual great game. Be glad it’s not like the PS3 where you were stuck with Resistance and a bunch of sports games.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Pulcinella posted:

Can’t believe there were people saying they were disappointed with the launch line up a few days ago. Demon’s Souls is an actual great game

maybe sony should've let them know!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Im pretty excited for Valhalla even though it isnt exclusive, spiderman looks really good too, I was terrible at bloodborne so wont be jumping into demon souls too quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

il serpente cosmico posted:

You get disc version or digital?

Also, goondolences, that really sucks.
The disc version. A few other people posted that their order went through at about the same time mine did, I wonder if they're affected?