Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol "games that defined the ps4" and knack straight outta the gate

Looks like they're roughly in release order

Bust Rodd posted:

Did you... watch the cutscene?

The Amelia cutscene doesn't actually show you where to go and that door is legit hard to find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Imhotep already told you where it was haha

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Extremely simple spoiler:

The Adage is also the Password

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Bust Rodd posted:

As far as I’m concerned if you didn’t see that ending you didn’t get the full Neir:A experience and also sort of completely missed the point of 9S’s playthrough

The thing people are talking about is the involved hacking minigame, not the ending itself.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i've already been to it before so ill find it again but if i get really bored ill reread posts and click spoilers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PantsBandit posted:

The thing people are talking about is the involved hacking minigame, not the ending itself.

Right that’s what I’m saying if you don’t hack 2B and go inside her during that boss fight and fight her like that then you’re missing out on one of the things that make 9S’s Playthru very special, IMHO

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Guys I just wanted to pop in and say that Judgement is so drat good! Almost finished with it, and then I can move on to Y3. Then I still have to finish Y5 before getting Y6. I don't know if I can hold out for Like a Dragon until all that is done though. gently caress, this series is great!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

Guys I just wanted to pop in and say that Judgement is so drat good! Almost finished with it, and then I can move on to Y3. Then I still have to finish Y5 before getting Y6. I don't know if I can hold out for Like a Dragon until all that is done though. gently caress, this series is great!

I'm really enjoying Judgement. It started out really slowly and I almost gave up but I'm glad I didn't. The Ace Attorney parody case was hilarious.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol "games that defined the ps4" and knack straight outta the gate

:wink:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

how do you access the my activities feed after the update? my.playstation.com now redirects you to your friends list.

Gotta have my screenshots, Sony!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm really enjoying Judgement. It started out really slowly and I almost gave up but I'm glad I didn't. The Ace Attorney parody case was hilarious.

Same thing happened with me, got about 10 hours in and put it down for awhile. Glad I came back, and I'd be stoked to see a sequel announced.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
ahhh hahahh i finally find the door, i must have ran past it 3 times but i then i gave the password, opened it up ..... and the loving floor has glitched and i see nothing but floating objects and things clipping from distant areas and grey void until i quit out and reloaded and it fixed itself. i feel like im losing my mind right now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

ahhh hahahh i finally find the door, i must have ran past it 3 times but i then i gave the password, opened it up ..... and the loving floor has glitched and i see nothing but floating objects and things clipping from distant areas and grey void until i quit out and reloaded and it fixed itself. i feel like im losing my mind right now.

:bloodborne:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sounds about right

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there no amnesia rebirth thread?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Not that I recall.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

veni veni veni posted:

I need one to ask the question if I'd like the game even though I could never get into the original game. I should try that again tonight.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Depends what you didn't like about the original but it's definitely more 'refined' than The Dark Decent which was very 2010 indie pc game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s hard to say, but they have come a long way as a developer over the last decade. There’s much more variety, better production values, the story is a lot more engaging.

If you have played Soma I’d say that’s a better frame of reference than the original Amnesia. But if you didn’t like the light/dark mechanics or whatever, all of that stuff is still there.

Midjack posted:

Not that I recall.

Yeah I’m drawing a blank as well.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Björk Souls

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

fridge corn posted:

I finished Nier Automata C, D, and E. The story was still dumb af and didnt care for any of it. The bit at the very end where you delete your saves in exchange for helping another player out defeating the end boss credits, cuz lord I definitely needed the help was cool. I liked that bit.

Bad game. Cute gimmick at the end.

Awesome soundtrack goes without saying.

Ya, I quit halfway through the second playthrough, when you're the little victorian boy robot. It's not for me, I can see some of what others like about it.

Some great fun songs on the soundtrack, though! I think this stereolab song reminds me a lot of one of the tracks, maybe the tree-house or theme park zone?

https://youtu.be/G0dZCWTiDrw

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Ya, I quit halfway through the second playthrough, when you're the little victorian boy robot. It's not for me, I can see some of what others like about it.

Some great fun songs on the soundtrack, though! I think this stereolab song reminds me a lot of one of the tracks, maybe the tree-house or theme park zone?

https://youtu.be/G0dZCWTiDrw

Everyone who quits at this point is missing the most interesting and emotional parts of the story.

Hmm, gonna replay Nier after Bloodbourne I guess.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

i did actually enjoy that

I bought a PS4 in 2018 right when God Of War came out, and this one i say with certainty i made the right move, because the exclusives were good as hell. I had the Xbone for 3-4 years before that and i can't think of any exclusive that was worth a drat

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 21, 2020

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

so with PS Now, do you download the titles, or do you necessarily stream them? does it suck?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

grieving for Gandalf posted:

so with PS Now, do you download the titles, or do you necessarily stream them? does it suck?

You stream PS3 games, PS4 games can be downloaded and played. I recently downloaded Days Gone on my friend's account then switched to my account and played through it.

Streaming is pretty good. Played a bunch of Katanari Forever with no problems, and my partner played Last of Us.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I went ahead and said gently caress it and bought the Spyro and Crash bundle

Which part was the nightmare hell no one could get through in Crash?

e: It amuses me that I'm playing updates of ps1 games for the near future now

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

PS Now has two types of games: About 400 titles that are straight PS4 software (mostly PS4 games, but some of those PS2-on-PS4 games too), and about 450 titles that are PS3 software.

All 850ish titles you can stream.
The 400 PS4-compatible titles you can download to a PS4 and play them exactly the same as any other digital game, it's basically treated like a PS Now with a 14-day expiry (but it auto-renews whenever you're connected to PSN).
The 450 PS3 titles are streaming-only.

I broke down the North American list into categories here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nYHNyfPl2t_FPg-7J5FCuB3x5hghFgwHIX3jIUnoNzU/edit?usp=sharing

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Morpheus posted:

You stream PS3 games, PS4 games can be downloaded and played. I recently downloaded Days Gone on my friend's account then switched to my account and played through it.

Streaming is pretty good. Played a bunch of Katanari Forever with no problems, and my partner played Last of Us.

Not quite; Streaming quality is entirely dependent on your individual internet infrastructure. What's true for you may not necessarily be the same for someone even the next street over. Make sure you've got proper fibre internet first and aren't getting dicked over by something like Fibre to the Node.

RBA Starblade posted:

Most of the first game, really :v:. It's a very mean-spirited game compared to the sequels.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For some reason I really liked the first two Penumbra games, couldn’t get into Amnesia but loved SOMA. I should probably try Rebirth

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

RBA Starblade posted:

e: It amuses me that I'm playing updates of ps1 games for the near future now

On the first game there are two big roadblocks.

The first level that utterly destroys casual players, especially with the new football shaped crash hit box is native fortress. It's pretty long and has a lot of near perfect jumps.

The second roadblock is the bridge level. I can't remember which one (maybe both are annoying, but I think there's two) if you can beat both bridge levels you can basically beat the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ineffiable posted:

The first level that utterly destroys casual players, especially with the new football shaped crash hit box is native fortress. It's pretty long and has a lot of near perfect jumps.

The second roadblock is the bridge level. I can't remember which one (maybe both are annoying, but I think there's two) if you can beat both bridge levels you can basically beat the game.

Good to know! I know it's because physics changed so if I get too frustrated I'll just move to 2.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

univbee posted:

PS Now has two types of games: About 400 titles that are straight PS4 software (mostly PS4 games, but some of those PS2-on-PS4 games too), and about 450 titles that are PS3 software.

All 850ish titles you can stream.
The 400 PS4-compatible titles you can download to a PS4 and play them exactly the same as any other digital game, it's basically treated like a PS Now with a 14-day expiry (but it auto-renews whenever you're connected to PSN).
The 450 PS3 titles are streaming-only.

I broke down the North American list into categories here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nYHNyfPl2t_FPg-7J5FCuB3x5hghFgwHIX3jIUnoNzU/edit?usp=sharing

oh wow, that's really detailed, thanks. I might try it this weekend and see how the streaming goes. I live in a major city and pay for the good Internet, so maybe it'd be fine. I mainly want to play the MGS HD collection and Tokyo Jungle, maybe try some of those PS2 games I haven't thought of in decades

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not quite; Streaming quality is entirely dependent on your individual internet infrastructure. What's true for you may not necessarily be the same for someone even the next street over. Make sure you've got proper fibre internet first and aren't getting dicked over by something like Fibre to the Node.

True, but fibre's not required - I don't have fibre. I have a halfway decent internet that gives me maybe 3 mb/s whenever I download stuff onto the PS4, if I'm lucky. Is that fast? No idea.

I mean, ps now gives you an option to trial it for like a week, so use that time to judge of your connection is good enough.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

RBA Starblade posted:

Good to know! I know it's because physics changed so if I get too frustrated I'll just move to 2.

Just to add on what we've discussed, if you can get past those roadblocks, you can finish the entire trilogy. Native fortress tests how much you're willing to put up with crash 1 physics and one of the bridge levels is probably the hardest single level required to beat the game in the entire trilogy.

Crash 2/3 are much more fair as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ineffiable posted:

You can cheat the rope bridge levels at least by (very carefully) getting up on one of the support ropes and running straight forward to avoid most of the bullshit those levels throw at you.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Oscar Wild posted:

Everyone who quits at this point is missing the most interesting and emotional parts of the story.

Hmm, gonna replay Nier after Bloodbourne I guess.

If so many people quit here, maybe it’s a bad game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

bows1 posted:

If so many people quit here, maybe it’s a bad game

Who said “so many” people quit there

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

nier: automata was good.. looking forward to the remaster of the first one

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I played the first Neir at launch while absolutely hosed on anti-biotics and with a sky-high fever, so maybe I'll get to do that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Playing a bit of the way into Amnesia Rebirth and glancing nervously at the thread title