Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's more than what I bought it for at launch :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That's more than what I bought it for at launch :negative:
£60 here! loving hell. I'm pretty sure I checked this morning before it got the GOTY rebrand and it was £55. gently caress that.

Edit; checked psprices and I'm mistaken. I really don't remember it being £60 though. That's hosed. The lowest it's ever been is £39.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 28, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got Outer Worlds, Outer Wilds, Outer Wolves, Outer Wives, Outer Walls, Outer Weals, Outer Woes, Outer Words, Outer Wheels, Outer Welds, Outer Woods, and Ys: Memories of Celceta

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I bought Sekiro for £60 the other day because I’m a fool for From now

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
I managed to snag a copy of Sekiro for £25 at cashgen last month. So glad cause everywhere I looked online it was still £50.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I also bought it at midnight at GameStop, and it’s worth the £69.99 cause it’s the goty

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Its £38.66 on amazon right now you fools!!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Current Sekiro owners get the GOTY content for free, right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Current Sekiro owners get the GOTY content for free, right?

Yes

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Or secondhand from GAME for £33

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but that’s a disc version

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
check out the digital future everyone

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmfao

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I was watching the stream on my PC but, I had to cook so I took my phone and had to screencap this:

omelette filled with cheese and sausage covered with a tortilla (mission flour tortilla)

Veeg and food!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I thought Control didn't have online play?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Vikar Jerome posted:

shoulda bought a vita

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

This is the new Switch version that's Cloud-based, it just came out today

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CottonWolf posted:

It’s this Switch streaming poo poo. awful

also this Veeg stream rules!!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CottonWolf posted:

It doesn't, the Switch version is streamed from cloud gameplay servers. Like PSNow or Stadia, except it's a one-time purchase that supports exactly one game.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah but that’s a disc version

Yeah anddddd??????

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Yeah anddddd??????

That's how I'm in this mess in the first place :negative:

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Vikar Jerome posted:

:popeye:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
switch version has raytracing on it before the release of the ps5 and xbox series one. nintendo finally won.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

haveblue posted:

It doesn't, the Switch version is streamed from cloud gameplay servers. Like PSNow or Stadia, except it's a one-time purchase that supports exactly one game.

That is extremely stupid.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lol

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm going to buy Bugsnax for the PS4 for my collection then claim the PS5 thru PS+.

BUGSNAX!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Much of Europe is going into lockdown...special offers on games probably gone for a bit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VG stream good, Control stream bad... it's like poetry, it rhymes

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

what the gently caress

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
They're going really hard on the immersion of Control being about bureaucratic horror that makes no sense

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

exquisite tea posted:

Everybody in both film and games has forgotten how to edit.

I felt the same about TLOU2 (which I otherwise liked). I don’t even have a problem with the game feeling like it’s about to end 3 or so times and then continuing for several more hours. The set pieces are good. Riding around on a horse was good. There are just too many regular combat encounters that felt like padding. The characters can never just be somewhere, there always have to be 10 combat encounters on the walk there. The characters can never just walk through a door, the floor always has to crumble into an infected nest or something. I hated trying to walk somewhere, get through half a dozen fights and getting the feeling like the destination was just around the corner, only for the character to say “phew, almost half way there.”

You could probably cut at least 5 hours of fighting generic enemies and lose nothing from that game.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I got an email today about Hitman 3 being released on Switch and using that streaming tech. Cursed as hell

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pulcinella posted:

I felt the same about TLOU2 (which I otherwise liked). I don’t even have a problem with the game feeling like it’s about to end 3 or so times and then continuing for several more hours. The set pieces are good. Riding around on a horse was good. There are just too many regular combat encounters that felt like padding. The characters can never just be somewhere, there always have to be 10 combat encounters on the walk there. The characters can never just walk through a door, the floor always has to crumble into an infected nest or something. I hated trying to walk somewhere, get through half a dozen fights and getting the feeling like the destination was just around the corner, only for the character to say “phew, almost half way there.”

You could probably cut at least 5 hours of fighting generic enemies and lose nothing from that game.

There's like, hours and hours on non combat walking around sections in TLOU 2.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

I bought Sekiro for £60 the other day because I’m a fool for From now

:krad:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

beat amnesia rebirth too. liked it. first frictional games game i've played through since both penumbras. dont quite get what was going on with the story i thought for sure the queen was "rebirthing" herself through tasi, with the increased pregnancy stuff and the vitae but then she just wants to raise the kid in the wasteland? uhh. then again theres lots of the environment and mise en scene to work through, i picked the destroy everything route first thinking tasi could get to the portal in time, because goddamn it you loving could have. ended up replaying the last bit a few times and got 4 variations of the ending. kinda interested to see what happens if you dont take the vitae earlier on but i might just youtube that. also not really sure how and why people were turning into monsters? i get the crew were cos of drinking from the spring water but why did all the people in the dark world turn into monsters? and where did this red flesh come from, is that older amnesia games stuff? also maybe the queen was lying about everything cos it sure seemed that way with her being some resident evil cocoon monster now. not even sure how tasi ended up back at the plane after all that.

anyway, thought early game handle the horror well, the early matches/oil running out sucks but got better and the early horror was 100% due to not knowing anything. the fort was loving insane for me, i thought i was gonna have an heart attack during that entire section, and the section before it in the dark world and i'm half convince my brain was making things up on the shadows, i swear i saw one of the ghouls peek around the corner once as i was sneaking away near the breakable floor section. the only way i got through that without health issues was pumping the gamma up and actually seeing the monsters once it caught me and then put the gamma back down and things went standard horror after that, got used to the jpg jump scares and things went okay, just standard freaky moments, not actual heart pounding terror.

areas i liked are the dark world stuff the later areas with all the weird poo poo going on and the later monsters with the lights were cool. kinda wanted to see more of that place and figure out what went on, they seem to drop off a few things but maybe i missed some files or memories. i liked the area back in the roman ruins where you open a door and theres shiiiiiiiiiiitloads of loving ghouls all sleeping and you have to sneak around them, i casually opened the door and my eyes went wide and i never blinked during that entire section. :eyepop:

i hear soma is better so maybe ill give that a go soonish.

SOMA is a better overall game, though it's going for more subtlety as well. SOMA is more concerned with atmosphere than psychological scare mechanics. It also has one of the best, most cohesive videogame stories of all time...which Rebirth kinda lacks. Rebirth was a great ride tho

SOMA still GOAT. If people liked SOMA but are on the fence about Amnesia Rebirth then I suggest waiting until you can play on PS5 because the load times will be shorter.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

There's like, hours and hours on non combat walking around sections in TLOU 2.

That doesn’t really conflict, just that there is to much walking and set piece battles.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you like Control then get sucked into reading Scp articles

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've shamed the Bloodborne Boyz as the first summon to die in VG's stream :negative:
Handing in my plat tomorrow

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Evil Within 2 is weird, I’m not sure that adding an open world and NPCs was a great idea. It looks much better than the first game and the gameplay is fine, but it feels like it’s lost something atmosphere-wise. The resource scrounging is cool although ammo is even scarcer than the first game. Definitely enjoying it regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great VG stream tonight! Shoutout to fellow summoners Vikar, Guillermus, and QoP, and a big FU to the invader who hid and killed me right before Veeg met Logarius lmao