Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«532 »
Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The store UI on console and web are atrocious

At least you can use the DS4 with the PS3 though. The DS3 was horrendous

Really interested on this since I have plans on getting a PS3 just to play Demon's Souls and one or two games I got with PS+. Will the DS4 work wireless with the PS3? the DS3 was awful by all acounts (awful triggers and sticks compared to the 360 pad) and the DS4 feels great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
trying to resist the fear

The triggers are OK but I still don't really like the pie crust thumbsticks on the DS4.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

and she told me, "Listen honey. There's hundreds of strong men out there. I like men who are kind, who are honest, men who can be open with me."

The DS4 is probably the smoothest controller I've ever handled and feels great in my hands. My only complaint really is that it's easy to fat finger the left analog stick when you're trying to use the D-Pad only.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The programmable touchpad is great on pc too. Always something useful even if occasionally it's just a quicksave button. Underutilized by virtually all developers on the actual PS4.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

and she told me, "Listen honey. There's hundreds of strong men out there. I like men who are kind, who are honest, men who can be open with me."

Until Dawn did some clever things with the touchpad + motion controls but yeah it's otherwise way underutilized for the potential.

RBA Starblade
Apr 27, 2008

Going Home.

Guillermus posted:

Really interested on this since I have plans on getting a PS3 just to play Demon's Souls and one or two games I got with PS+. Will the DS4 work wireless with the PS3? the DS3 was awful by all acounts (awful triggers and sticks compared to the 360 pad) and the DS4 feels great.

Yeah the DS3 feels much worse than the DS4, which I also don't particularly like. How would I use the 4 on the PS3?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Space Rock VS Space Water

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah the DS3 feels much worse than the DS4, which I also don't particularly like. How would I use the 4 on the PS3?

plug it in via usb, or do the generic Bluetooth pairing the ds4 supports (google it) and it will be detected as a pluginplay controller for the ps3. something it actually supported. That said there are some caveats. the PSButton doesn't work I believe so you need a ps3 controller to exit games. Also no analog on the triggers means any game that actually used analog mode will not detect presses. oddly enough games that used R2 and L2 as just buttons can detect them. So driving games are right out.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I had to get used to the ps4 controller for Guilty Gear XRD. I had trouble with ↓↘ → ↙↓← inputs. the dpad was a little bit different than the DS3. Got used to it now though.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The best use of the DS4 are the spraypaint cans in infamous.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I always get a kick out of the DS4 making noises when I play games. I am never expecting it, but I love it!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VideoGames posted:

I always get a kick out of the DS4 making noises when I play games. I am never expecting it, but I love it!
I'm usually wearing headphones and don't hear it, in what few games use it.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

I'm usually wearing headphones, but bought Stikbold to play with my kid the other day and we're both getting a kick out of the various character noises coming from the controllers.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I like the cops radio in GTA. And the lights going along with the siren.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Some games. I don't remember which, had ingame tapes you could find and the sound of the tapes would come from the dualshock.

I thought that that was pretty neat

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think it's nice when the controller gives you audio alerts that your eye might not catch, like in Injustice 2 when you get a bar of meter.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

hey muchachos and muchachas, it's time for me to reup on my Plus

any good deals out there or is Amazon still my best bet with its whopping $5 off?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004
No sense in punishing everyone

KingSlime posted:

hey muchachos and muchachas, it's time for me to reup on my Plus

any good deals out there or is Amazon still my best bet with its whopping $5 off?

You just missed a deal on it from the Playstation Store. 10 bucks off.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007
Simaggeddon

Sefal posted:

Some games. I don't remember which, had ingame tapes you could find and the sound of the tapes would come from the dualshock.

I thought that that was pretty neat

I'm pretty sure that Killzone does that. Because I got it with my PS4 and forgot that the controller had a speaker and drat near had a heart attack when i collected an audiolog and my hands started whispering to me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm usually wearing headphones and don't hear it, in what few games use it.

Well using headphones turns off the speaker function, unless that's what you're saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Transistor can pipe the voice of the sword through your controller, but I had to switch it back to TV speakers because it was too quiet and much harder to understand.

«532 »