Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

haveblue posted:

Yeah, this is where I am too, I'm not sure when I'm allowed to start blocking/dodging and how the game communicates when that would be a good idea. I can see the enemies calling out their attacks but they always seem to do it when Cloud is already locked into a combo.

I just got my first game over, dying to an incredibly buff dog, and it looks like the story is about to pick up again.

Discovery quests are basically optional character moments, right?

Some are, some are basic fetch quests, ect. Still, its worth it to do all of them. Some have some neat story beats, but all will give you items and XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I'm hoping to finish Ys VIII this weekend. Awhile ago my local save got corrupted and I had to revert to my cloud backup, which caused me to lose a few hours progress. I put it down after that happened, but so glad I decided to get back into it.

A Loaf of Bread
Mar 18, 2008

Welp, after flirting with the idea of trying to get a PS5, Iíve decided to just buy a PS4. One big factor in the decision was the fact that I can actually buy a PS4 without having to track restocks hoping to get lucky enough to buy one, and another was the fact that PS5s are huge and ugly and I donít want one my home. I figure if I like the PS4 I can always buy a PS5 when they inevitably release a non-huge version in a few years. I havenít played a PlayStation since the original one. Iím excited!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Niiice, it has so many good games

A Loaf of Bread
Mar 18, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Niiice, it has so many good games

The beauty of finally getting a system at the end of its run!

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

I lucked into a PS5 after not having a PS4 and the number of absolutely amazing PS4 games to play is just wild. It's basically exclusively a "catch up on last gen" machine at this point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think my PS4 controller might be dying. I'm having a hard time getting it to charge.

I'm in the US, any suggestions on places to try and get another one cheap? The last three pages were about how the PS4 has barely gone down in price at all so I'll believe everyone if you say there isn't really anywhere selling them cheaper than usual.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Are you charging it from the PS4 itself? I can 100% of the time get it to charge from the console USB ports and then like 5% of the time from anything else.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BUT SATAN'S BOY
I COULD NEVER BE!

Pork Pro

Rinkles posted:

I'm liking Cloud more than I was expecting to.

He's the absolute quintessential FF hero.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011
I got chased out of the Monster Hunter thread for garbage posting, now I shit up other Games threads with useless low-effort uninformed aggro noise. I somehow think "VN nerds" are beneath me and I belong on your ignore list.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

He's the absolute quintessential FF hero.
Damning with faint praise.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BUT SATAN'S BOY
I COULD NEVER BE!

Pork Pro

Cardiovorax posted:

If you say so.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ok. Dinner eaten. Time to boot up dark souls.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Are you charging it from the PS4 itself? I can 100% of the time get it to charge from the console USB ports and then like 5% of the time from anything else.

Yeah, I've always used the PS4 to charge it. It's weird, it has to be sitting in some particular position to get it to charge at all for like a week now. I thought it was just the cord was bad so I swapped it for another one and it's still having the same problem.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cardiovorax posted:

Cloud owns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Cloud owns

"Nailed it, I know, thank you, moving on"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011
I got chased out of the Monster Hunter thread for garbage posting, now I shit up other Games threads with useless low-effort uninformed aggro noise. I somehow think "VN nerds" are beneath me and I belong on your ignore list.

Sakurazuka posted:

Cloud owns
FF7R does a great job of making him likable and funny, but let's not pretend like Final Fantasy hasn't had a lot of protagonist characters that make everyone go "oh god, that guy" as soon as they're brought up in conversation. Squall, Tidus, Zell, just to mention a few. I just thought it was a funny way to praise the character.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zell isn't a protagonist and most people like Tidus, have you actually played any FF games?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

He's a member of your party and makes him a protagonist character. So yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kimahri, the unsung protagonist of FFX.