Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Ni No Kuni 2 is tempting me pretty hard because of that 20 percent off coupon, but I have FC5 and Y6 coming out in the next month. How long is NNK2 supposed to end up being? Those two games plus finishing FFXV is a lot of long games, but if it’s on the shorter end, I might pick it up as a palate cleanser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How do I get on the PSN mailing list to get the freebies and discounts?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Housh posted:

Yeah, I've been asking myself that question for a while,I dont get any Sony Emails other than 2FA or Purchase Confirmations, but I checked every box

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah, I've been asking myself that question for a while,I dont get any Sony Emails other than 2FA or Purchase Confirmations, but I checked every box

:same:

I’m signed up for Sony rewards, too. The only coupon I got was the one the goon linked earlier for watching the ads.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Housh posted:

You may need to do it with a web browser, but go to your account management stuff and there should be something for opting in to emails.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

You may need to do it with a web browser, but go to your account management stuff and there should be something for opting in to emails.
Yup. Found it under notification preferences. Thanks!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Apparently if you change your email address (you can change it back later) you kick Sony in the pants about it and they start sending you emails again. Just in general anything that affects your account in a big way like that seems to do it. When I had to deactivate 2FA to get back into my own account, I started getting emails again.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Ni No Kuni 2 is tempting me pretty hard because of that 20 percent off coupon, but I have FC5 and Y6 coming out in the next month. How long is NNK2 supposed to end up being? Those two games plus finishing FFXV is a lot of long games, but if it’s on the shorter end, I might pick it up as a palate cleanser.

Kotaku’s review said they beat it in 30 hours including a bunch of sidequests

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

VideoGames posted:

OK! I am doing the last few for the moment. I do not want to overload the mods, so all up to my post here will be in the queue, then I will request any more after this point at another junction :)

Also I found the best new avatar and just had to apply it 10 days early!

Bloodborne tag would be pretty cool thanks man.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yakuza tag is the correct choice unless an I ❤️ videogames tag gets made

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Same, but I'll probably skip FC5 until it's on sale.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I already played fc5 2 years ago

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Please don't give me a gang tag as I find it unfair to my favorite video games to give just one game a tag on my avatar. And on that note

Here's a Zone of the Enders 2 Mars trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqwWCYfU2EU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Absolutely. These are the tags I have made:

This one I had some lovely assistance with by Neddy Seagoon:

I'd like a Yakuza tag. Hard choice between that and Nier.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Kotaku’s review said they beat it in 30 hours including a bunch of sidequests

Cool, might grab it, then! It looks really fun.

precision posted:

Same, but I'll probably skip FC5 until it's on sale.

I’ve been a big ol’ Far Cry fan since the beginning. Skipped Primal, though. If they rereleased FC2 and tuned up the fast travel, respawning checkpoints (though I didn’t run into that too much) and malaria I’d buy it in a second. Stuff like the weapon degradation led to all sorts of cool “oh gently caress!” moments where I had to think fast to find a new gun or avoid the rocket that just landed at my feet. Did play that on PC, though, where the save system was way less onerous.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Please don't give me a gang tag as I find it unfair to my favorite video games to give just one game a tag on my avatar. And on that note

Here's a Zone of the Enders 2 Mars trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqwWCYfU2EU

I want it so bad

Also gently caress, that game has an amazing soundtrack

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Hello may I please have a Yakuza tag. Thanks you're very nice.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Policenaut posted:

Apparently if you change your email address (you can change it back later) you kick Sony in the pants about it and they start sending you emails again. Just in general anything that affects your account in a big way like that seems to do it. When I had to deactivate 2FA to get back into my own account, I started getting emails again.

I just want to second this as it's what I wound up doing and now I get the weekly update emails that include the occasional coupon.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Can anyone recommend any good headphones they are using?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I really wanted a ZOE2 Anubis model for my desk, but I realized I couldn't get past looking at a robot dong every day. Pearls before swine I guess.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Over There posted:

Turtle Beach 50P

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Over There posted:

I love my OG PlayStation Golds.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I have a pair of HyperX Clouds. A friend of mine got the HyperX Cloud Stinger recently and loved it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Over There posted:

Depends on your needs. I picked up a pair of the new Golds and I dig them. Comfy, sound good, etc.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
the Yakuza tag is so good it actually makes me want to play the game so I can claim it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Aww yeah Yakuza :hellyeah:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

fridge corn posted:

the Yakuza tag is so good it actually makes me want to play the game so I can claim it

You should also play the games because they are good. Great, even.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

fridge corn posted:

Yeah I was gonna ask for yak just because it's adorable and extremely good but I've never touched a yakuza game so it felt dishonest

but speaking of, thank you so much for the bloodborne tag VG! :3:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jose Oquendo posted:

Depends on your needs. I picked up a pair of the new Golds and I dig them. Comfy, sound good, etc.

I think I might get these!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Over There posted:

I use a sennheiser PC headset and one of these.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Boogalo posted:

I use a sennheiser PC headset and one of these.

Does Sennheiser make good stuff in reasonable price ranges? I eventually plan on upgrading from a USB headset to Sennheiser headphones + USB mic but I am not looking to drop the price of a 1070 for it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Policenaut posted:

I have a pair of HyperX Clouds. A friend of mine got the HyperX Cloud Stinger recently and loved it.

I second the recommendation for the HyperX Clouds. They're real comfortable, sound quality is good, and it's nice being able to disconnect the mic and use it as a pair of headphones without a bunch of extra baggage.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

DrNutt posted:

Ive put it on my list but it's still £30 which is more money than i allow myself to spend on a video game so it'll have to wait for now

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

DrNutt posted:

Does Sennheiser make good stuff in reasonable price ranges? I eventually plan on upgrading from a USB headset to Sennheiser headphones + USB mic but I am not looking to drop the price of a 1070 for it.

Yeah, I have the pc360 which when new were around $250 but I caught them on sale for half that. The new version is also down around 100. https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Special-Gaming-Headset/dp/B01LDTRJG4 Note this model is open cup so people around you will hear what you do, but ears don't get as hot over long periods. They have closed cup ones for similar prices too.

Plugged into the controller they work great. I have a big head and most headphones squeeze too much and these have been good, though do sometimes wish they were wireless. On a PC with a headphone amp they sound wonderful.

Though with an adapter like I posted you can use any old PC headset through the controller so it opens up a ton of options.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Coughing Hobo posted:

I second the recommendation for the HyperX Clouds. They're real comfortable, sound quality is good, and it's nice being able to disconnect the mic and use it as a pair of headphones without a bunch of extra baggage.

Yeah, thirded -- I just got a set of Cloud Stingers to replace my PC headset -- a dying Astro A50 -- and I like them a lot better.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Boogalo posted:

Yeah, I have the pc360 which when new were around $250 but I caught them on sale for half that. The new version is also down around 100. https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Special-Gaming-Headset/dp/B01LDTRJG4 Note this model is open cup so people around you will hear what you do, but ears don't get as hot over long periods. They have closed cup ones for similar prices too.

Plugged into the controller they work great. I have a big head and most headphones squeeze too much and these have been good, though do sometimes wish they were wireless. On a PC with a headphone amp they sound wonderful.

Though with an adapter like I posted you can use any old PC headset through the controller so it opens up a ton of options.

Awesome thanks, I'm wish listing those bad boys for now. I'm primarily getting them for PC use, my PS4 is hooked up via receiver to 5.1 surround sound.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

that doesn't do poo poo, or at least it never has for me

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Infinitum posted:

Aww yeah Yakuza :hellyeah:

I think you meant

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samuringa posted:

I think you meant

I think you meant

https://i.imgur.com/LaGWjxz.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DrNutt posted:

A friend gave me a free copy of Yakuza 0 eleven months ago and it's been sitting on my shelf for that long while I played Persona 5, NieR, and Monhan.

I've never played Yakuza :suicide: